Start by marking “Dengeki Daisy 01 (Dengeki Daisy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dengeki Daisy 01 (Dengeki Daisy, #1)

Dengeki Daisy 01 (Dengeki Daisy #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  15,931 ratings  ·  196 reviews
Die süße Teru hat soeben ihren älteren Bruder verloren und ist nun mutterseelenallein. Bevor er starb, gab er ihr jedoch ein Handy, das sie mit einer Person verbindet, die sie nun anstelle ihres Bruders beschützt. Seitdem erhält sie regelmäßig SMS von dieser ihr unbekannten Person namens DAISY, die ihr Lebensmut gibt. Wird Teru hinter das Geheimnis der Identität von DAISY...more
Published November 2010 by Tokyopop (first published October 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dengeki Daisy 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dengeki Daisy 01

Booknut
When I clicked the 'I'm finished' button, I saw it as an emotional state - this book finished me off, made me laugh, tear up, squeal and sigh over a cast of wonderful characters and of course, the enigma himself, 'Daisy'.

A few of my favourite bits:

A must read!
Book Sniffers Anonymous
Let me start out by saying that I have never been able to read manga before. I am more of an anime girl. For some reason I always had a problem getting into the whole manga/comic reading. However, I instantly fell in love with this story and had no problems staying on track.

Teru is a girl who has had a very tough life. With both of her parents and her brother dead, she has no one to look out for her... except DAISY. Before he died, Teru's brother gave her a cellphone with DAISY's number in it a...more
*Queen Diva*
Lord!! It's been a long time since I've read the first volume of a manga and fell in love with it immediately. I'm going to adore this series! I can just tell!

And.... no surprise here, Kurosaki is a total hottie! LOL - he's great! I love him! He's going to be my fave, I can guarantee!

Teru and a adorable picture of Kurosaki
Teru and Kurosaki

Kurosaki!
Kurosaki

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm so much sex!
sexy Kurosaki
Shambhawi P.
Nov 16, 2012 Shambhawi P. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shambhawi by: prettylittleliar
Shelves: manga-read
Cute. Funny. Totally swoonworthy guy.

Need any more reasons?
Sesana
Surprisingly not terrible. I was surprised that the identity of Daisy was revealed so early (to the reader, but not to Teru). I expected that to be a mystery that dragged on, even while Daisy's identity became increasingly obvious. Instead, it looks like a lot of the plots will come from Daisy trying to hide his identity in a much more natural way. I'm also pleased that it seems like the romance will be able to develop over time. And I like how Teru views Daisy: he's her friend, not because of a...more
Noran Miss Pumkin
Starbubbles has invited you to the event: Book of the Month! December: Electric Daisy.

Date: December 25, 2011 10:14PM
Location: The United States
Description:
Continuing with the mysterious caller theme, we are reading Electric Daisy this month! Pick up this series for a different take on taking a call from a stranger.

4 stars for plot line alone-a breath of fresh air in the manga titles! thanks Star bubbles for this title! 5th star for the art, especially when the characters are drawn funny fun-fun...more
Theresa ♫
Oct 25, 2011 Theresa ♫ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for an adorable story of blind love
Recommended to Theresa ♫ by: Fellow Mangafox members
I was just chilling on Mangafox responding to my mangafox friends' messages on my page, and I asked almost every single one of them "What manga do you recommend? I'm looking for some new reads."
Their lists went on and on, but one particular title that kept appearing on my friends' lists was "Dengeki Daisy".
So a few days ago while procrastinating on my school work, I looked this title up. I bookmarked it and promised myself "ONE chapter only. Then I have to go study."

My mind changed after I read...more
Estara
This is another series I would never have bought if I hadn't come across the scanlations first. It has a look of the more smutty of shoujo manga and that is what it parodies and satirizes and plays with.

The girl is so take-charge that the male hero, who is totally aware that with their 7 years age difference (or so) he is starting to be a lolicon, has to fight to keep ahead of the trouble that surrounds her - which isn't because of her beauty or because the most popular male in school likes her...more
Nikki Manga
I expected the story to be as lame as the title but I was pleasantly surprised. Teru is very likeable as the main character. She is strong yet still able to be silly at times. She is able to stand up for herself when she needs to not just relying on DAISY to come and save her even though she asks him to. I think the thing that makes her stand out from your average shojo heroine is that she seems like a normal girl. Such a simple thing that not a lot of shojo artist seem to get right.

Like Teru, K...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 30, 2013 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: www.anime-planet.com
A fairly well done manga. I thought that the plot wasn't as raw as it could have been. The comedy was nice and light, and not to romantically drenched yet. I see it coming though. Check next review later most likely I will have something to nit-pick at.
The few questions to ask yourself are as follows: Who is Daisy? What did Teru's brother die of? How was Daisy beholden to said brother?
The cover was nice, but something about Teru's lips just don't seem right.
Mercy Martinez
Si has tenido días que no te apetece nada, ya sea leer, ver TV o una que otra serie o película, esta historia te levantara el animo, a pesar de que no sea una "gran" historia, siempre hace que te saque una que otra sonrisa - sin olvidar las risas, ese Kurasaki es un desmadre - que dan mas ganas de seguir leyendo. Muy adictiva y entretenida tanto por Kurasaki como por Teru - de la cual me identifique, esta loca xD - y mas con ese final que te deja... WHAT?. Aun así, vale la pena leerla - y mas po...more
Izia
The very first Manga I have ever read, and it's really good. I love it! I love the story, the graphics, as well as the characters. It is funny, it is sweet and I am seriously head over heels in love with Kurosaki. Love,, love, love!
Sandy
The story is really cute and hilarious. Kurosaki and Teru both crack me up and I love how she's not a typical love-strucked MC who needs saving all the time. She's actually not useless and is very smart and strong.
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
That....

...was freaking HILARIOUS.

Yup, this is definitely going to be one of my most favourite mangas of all time.

I honestly wasn't expecting this manga to be so funny. For some reason I thought it'd be more melodramatic. But I was giggling and laughing throughout the whole thing. Even the serious moments cracked me up - there would be an emotional scene when someone (usually Kurosaki) would mess it up.

Teru? I FREAKING LOVE THIS GIRL! I want her as my best friend. She's so spunky and hilarious....more
Jessica-Robyn
Dengenki Daisy more then proves that you shouldn't always judge a book by its awful/mediocre description.

The start of Dengeki Daisy threw me, for the first chapter I couldn't get the tone of the story. It seemed to be over-the-top, and I kept catching myself reading the dialog in mock soap-opera voices. Which is understandable, I mean did you read the description for this? Despite the fact that it does accurately explain the story, it just sounds over-exaggerated. In contrast through, the way th...more
Angela
At first I was going to give this manga about 1 stars out of 5, which now, when contemplated, deems pretty unreasonable( I swear when I see a 1/5 rating it seems like I hated it, or something.) When I say that I didn't hate it, I can't exactly say it was too likeable. Dengeki Daisy is a cliche story about a girl where her cellphone "Daisy" has become her support when she is most in need. One day she meets a cranky and cruel( don't forget goodlooking because noone, noone
would look twice at a ugl...more
Liz*
I have no idea how to rate this. I've never read manga before and I was recommended to read this first.

To be honest, I was not sure about Dengeki Daisy. Everything felt a little silly, cliché. The fact that Teru is alone in the world and nobody thought about taking her in to foster care? Nevermind, I kinda know there's like a whole different world and rules when it comes to this genre.

About the story, it felt good. Kurosaki is a goddamn hot bad boy and Teru is the funny and silly heroine but a l...more
kimy
I love this manga so much!!The best romance manga ever. Kyousuke Motomi sensei knows how to target not only teen readers but also young adults. The heroine in this manga is not your typical girl in a shoujo manga who is very annoying, weak, overly sensitive and too clingy. Teru is strong and knows how to save Daisy. I also love the fact that sensei used an unusual love story setting. Daisy exist in Teru's life only thru phone messages or so she thought.He's a ________*no spoiler* who became a sc...more
jenni  Ⓥ
Teru Kurebayashi is alone in the world with only the text messages of her deceased brother's friend "Daisy" to comfort and encourage her. Teru is a strong girl and she tries not to rely too much on Daisy's help. That's why, after breaking a window at school, she has to work off the damages for school custodian Tasuku Kurosaki. Despite his gruff exterior, Kurosaki seems to have a soft spot for Teru.

This was a fun, adorable manga. I love both the main characters. Teru is a good, strong, cute hero...more
Starbubbles
I'm surprised by how much I loved this. I mean loved this! I kept thinking this would be closer to horror for some reason. I guess b/c of the mysterious voice over the phone. Anyway, in greatly looking forward to reading the rest of the series, even if it's a tad predictable.
Putri Adiaty Suciwulandhari
I like it. 3.5 deh, setengah poin untuk gambarnya yang bagus dan rapi. tadinya saya kira preman di sini bener-bener preman yang gahar, tampang menyeramkan dan ditakuti semua orang. kenyataannya ya, cuma orang yang galak dan tidak terlalu pandai mengungkapkan perasaannya.

memang sih tipikal serial-serial cantik lainnya. tapi saya suka setting ceritanya, tentang hacker dan cracker. cuma mungkin perkembangan cerita seputar hacker dan cracker-nya hanya jadi latar, coba lebih dikembangkan gitu. pada...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help. Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks?

One day at school Teru accidentally breaks a window and agrees to pay for it by helping Kurosaki with chores around school. Kurosaki is an imposs...more
Gina
Well, I was jonesing for a shoujo manga so I guess it fulfilled that craving. But damn, there's just no break in the cycle! She gets in trouble, he saves her as the gruff janitor, she tells her sweet texting buddy about it, then repeats. There isn't much character growth, and the guy is so predictable. There is sporadic humour but nothing brilliant.

I don't know why I expected more out of this.
Salymar
This book belonged to the best shoujo manga ever! Actually, there are lots of factors that bring out it's awesome-ness, (1)With its strong heroine, (2)conflicted hero, and (3)story -- OF COURSE that does both humor and emotion well, it is still most definitely a series worth reading.
Andrea
This manga is a love story between girl and her late brother's "friend". It started with when the girl started to text the friend after her brother died. Then the awkard love story has begun. It's good manga. It's cute and funny. :)
Biena (The Library Mistress)
Modern Daddy Long Legs. I liked some of the scenes but this is just too cheesy and predictable for me.
Autumn
I loved this manga so much! I found myself laughing on the second page! I really like how real all the characters feel and how Teru's and Kurosaki's personality's continuously clash with each other, but at the same time, they really do like each other.

The only few problems I had with this manga was some of the inappropriate bits - the love hotel, talking about how she had no 'sex appeal', and so on. Most of it came from Kurosaki's character, but since it was just his way of making Teru not like...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I really love the heroine. She's shoujo, but not annoying. Yay for that! :D
Daisy Herondale
This is my favorite manga of all time. It has been quite a while since I have read this one, especially the first volume, but I remember that I stayed up until 3 o' clock in the morning reading the first few volumes. I feel instantly and deeply in love with this manga right from the very start. It is such and original and creative plot line, all throughout the series, not just in volume 1. I love love love this manga with lots of passion. And to top it all off, it was my first manga, so even if...more
Kaitlyn
I loved this book. It was awesome.
Spoiled Rotten Manga: Dengeki Daisy 2 8 Jul 02, 2013 03:43PM
Anime/Manga Couples: Dengeki Daisy 2 9 Apr 06, 2013 02:22AM
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 05
  • High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut, #4)
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 1
  • Faster than a Kiss 03
  • Black Bird, Vol. 4 (Black Bird, #4)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 01
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 1 (Wild Ones, #1)
4519463
Kyousuke Motomi (最富 キョウスケ Motomi Kyōsuke) is a Japanese mangaka whose stories have frequently been published in the monthly Betsucomi magazine. She is most currently working on Dengeki Daisy.

She uses a male pseudonym and draws herself as a man, but she's actually female."If my stories can touch you, make you laugh, forget unhappy things, or even give you that 'good job' feeling, then I'll be super...more
More about Kyousuke Motomi...
Beast Master, Vol. 1 (Beast Master, #1) Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2) Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 2 (Dengeki Daisy, #2) Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 3 (Dengeki Daisy, #3) 電撃デイジー 6 (Dengeki Daisy, #6)