Start by marking “Changeling (Sweep, #8)” as Want to Read:
Changeling (Sweep, #8)

Changeling (Sweep #8)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  8,508 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
When Morgan receives a shocking revelation about her family, sheas thrown into a moral tailspin, believing that her essential nature is evil. Is her dark heritage too powerful to overcome?
Library Binding, 188 pages
Published January 31st 2008 by San Val (first published December 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Changeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changeling

Clare
Jul 25, 2011 Clare rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this book is why I will never leave my kids alone. When her adoptive non-Wiccan parents leave for a cruise, Morgan falls apart. Her grades slip, she volunteers for dangerous things and she behaves like an idiot. Drinking, weather magic, morally dubious spells.
I didn't like it because I didn't like Morgan's behavior, and there seemed to be no consequences.

Yes, I'm a parent, and yes I read YA fiction. Deal with it. :)
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 Chibineko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I run the risk of being a squealing fangirl, but this really is a nice series. I might rate these lower if the books were longer, but the shorter length of the books works for the dynamic of the series.

This book finds Morgan trying to deal with the truth about her parentage- that her father is the evil Ciaran, leader of Amyranth. When the Council decides that Morgan has to infiltrate the group by cozying up to her evil father & irresponsible half-brother, Morgan half-heartedly agrees-
Jacquline
Capu
Apr 05, 2008 Capu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Hunter!!!! Never give up!!!
Tina
Feb 04, 2017 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this series and this book does not disappoint!!!
Whitney
Plot

Changeling is about finding more about Amyranth out, but at the same time nothing really happens. Honestly, the majority of the book is Morgan whining about how she’s inherently evil because Ciaran is her father and he’s oh so evil. That’s actually the majority of the plot. There’s also some convoluted plan for Morgan to “infiltrate” Amyranth and obtain enough of their secrets to stop their upcoming attack on Starlocket, Alyce’s coven; all in the span of two weeks. The plot is very…eh. It’s
Tosha
Sep 25, 2016 Tosha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was sadder then the rest but loved the ending.
Daniela
Apr 13, 2011 Daniela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Morgan's battle with good and evil is front and center in this book. She does a really great job with tinkering on both sides. She's a good person by choice, but the evil still nudges at her from time to time. When she steps out of line and uses magic when she's not supposed to, she keeps wondering if she truly is meant to be a Woodbane and just go with it, or keep fighting it with all the good that is inside of her.

Being propositioned with being a spy for the Witch council against her father,
Barbara ★
When the Council asks Morgan to spy on and betray her new found brother and father, she is torn. Yes Ciaran, her father, is an extremely evil witch bent on destroying her friends, but he is her father. She has an instant affinity with her brother, Killian and betraying him may be the most difficult thing she'll have to do. The emotional upheaval is intense but the ending makes it all worthwhile.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
So...freaking...lame. Was there a point to this one? Oh, right, so the reader could be subjected to page after page of Morgan's ridiculously pointless moping.

I'm gonna read something else, I need a serious break from this series.
Mel Goethals
Dec 26, 2015 Mel Goethals rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourites in the series. The drama and inner conflict makes for a great read yet it's still quite a light read.
Abbie
Feb 26, 2016 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

I liked this one about the same as the last one. It bored me a few times, and the characters annoyed me.
Karen
Mar 29, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
on to the next one
Geri
Jan 20, 2017 Geri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really just keep falling more and more in love with the main characters. The books are all easy to read and fast paced. This one is as good as the first, which is hard to find in a series usually.
Nairabell
Morgan Rowlands has discovered a terrible secret about her origins that has thrown her entire life into doubt. She pushes her beloved Hunter away, determined to isolate herself so as not to threaten the lives of those she loves. But as soon as she does Morgan is contacted by the International Council of Witches. It turns out she is uniquely qualified to help them deal with a dangerous witch...but doing so could cost her her life.

This is the eighth book in the Wicca series (after Book of Shadows,
Erica Zahn
Rose Heartfilia
I think Changeling is a book that I like and dislike at once. I love the more scenes with Killian and Ciaran. To get to know Morgan her real family (half-family) at least a bit better. I mean it's funny to see that Killian who looks so charming and funny is actually putting of very bad magic. Weather magic or the thing with the true names. It's actually not done. Morgan described Killian as not really looking much like Ciaran but I think he got the charisma too.
Though how evil Ciaran is I like
Charlotte Phillips
It's still hard to believe that Morgan's dad is on the bad side and that he may want to kill her for her powers or use her for bad. But thats what I like about this book, the fact that it makes you think and feel things without letting you know what is really happening or occuring. There is just a lot of hinting and suggesting in its pages, mysteries that have yet to be solved. This of course is what causes the attraction to the book. I loved the whole brother sister thing though wished it could ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 09, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the 8th in the Sweep series. It starts with with some review of previous happenings, including the fact that Morgan's father is an incredibly evil man who killed her mother. The deals of Cal and Selene are remembered, and the situation gets worse as a Council representative explains to Morgan that another “dark wave” is on its way.

The “dark wave” is a means that an evil group of witches is able to kill others and steal their power and possessions, and that Ciaran, Morgan's father, is beh
Natalia Paez
My rating for this Book is 3.8 stars.

Decae, decae, decae... y ella quiere seguir siendo un lobo.

Siento que pierdo mi conexión con estos libros, a veces darle tanta cuerda a algo ocasiona un reconexión entre la historia y el lector. Siento que eso esta ocurriendo conmigo, me exaspera tanta demora para tan poca información o acción en la historia por libro son 200 paginas cuando mucho la mitad son trivialidades de la vida cotidiana la otra mitad esta mezclada con lo primero y ademas trae todo
Kat Mandu
Jun 11, 2015 Kat Mandu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The descriptions were awesome, love the points of view I always read from an animal’s perspective. And Morgan’s mission… the deeper insight into the world of the Council gets better and better. You get the feeling that maybe the Council, with its tough rules that supposedly protect everyone, may be under a bit of stress with the knowledge that Ciaran and the rest of Amyranth are at large.

I still love Killian, despite what some of the characters within the book think about him. I love his rebelli
Becks
Mar 13, 2013 Becks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich muss sagen, so böse er ist, irgendwie finde ich Ciaran ist eine der spannendsten Figuren in den Büchern. Er hat so viel verloren und hinnehmen müssen in seinem Leben, dass es doch eigentlich gar kein Wunder ist, wie böse er ist. Ich mag auch den Unterschied zu Killian, seinem Sohn, der einfach macht was er will, ohne richtig böse oder gut zu sein. Ich finde gut geschildert ist Morgans Zwickmühle, dass sie ihren leiblichen Vater kennen lernen will, aber irgendwie auch viel zu viel Angst vor i ...more
Tara Day
Aug 19, 2012 Tara Day rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Shape-shifting! One of the reasons I loved this book. The descriptions were awesome, love the points of view I always read from an animal's perspective. And Morgan's mission; the deeper insight into the world of the Council gets better and better. You get the feeling that maybe the Council, with its tough rules that supposedly protect everyone, may be under a bit of stress with the knowledge that Ciaran and the rest of Amyranth are at large.

I still love Killian, despite what some of the charact
BookNerdette
Feb 14, 2010 BookNerdette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Cate Tiernan's Changeling, book #8 in her Sweep series.

After the excitement of The Calling, Morgan is asked by the Witches Council to get close to her half brother Killian and her birth father Ciaran. This would be no easy task and the sakes are high. The coven run by her friend Alyce is about to be attacked by Amyranth. Morgan has just 14 days to stop it.

Morgan finds a certain kinship with both Killian and her father, and often struggles with her decision to take on this "m
Oberhuu
Jul 04, 2013 Oberhuu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chelsea Barva-kertesz
Nothing huge happened in this book, but it's another branch in the series, and I really enjoyed reading it. By the eighth book, you feel like you know the characters. When I read these books I feel like I am living out my life with these characters, especially since the passing of time in the books is so slow.

Morgan has broken up with Hunter because she believes she is bad for him, but her feelings for him are stronger than ever. Her parents are going out of town for two weeks, and right when th
Amanda Pedersen
I have seriously mixed feelings about this series. It seems every book gets more and more unlikable. This one was ok. While the main Plot was strong, the characters seem to become weaker and weaker and Morgan's character has slipped so much. While I understand she's trying to find herself and what not, she's becoming irresponsible, something she had never been before. Other than that, I feel Cate Tiernan rushed this book. The dialouge was dull, unrealistic, and unrelatable. And her writing style ...more
Book Discussions ...: * Changeling 1 1 Mar 12, 2013 04:24AM
  • Merry Meet (Circle of Three, #2)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Witches' Night Out
  • Revelations (Fingerprints, #6)
  • The Secret Scroll (Daughters of the Moon, #4)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
191456
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more
More about Cate Tiernan...

Sweep (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Spellbound (Sweep, #6)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Seeker (Sweep, #10)
  • Origins (Sweep, #11)

“Don't say I never gave you anything," he said. " I gave you the stars. Good night, little sister.” 6 likes