The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)

The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  13 reviews
P.J. Funnybunny sometimes behaved badly. But THE VERY BAD BUNNY was his cousin Blinky, whose exploits will amuse all young children. Fans of P.J. will also like his first book, IT'S NOT EASY BEING A BUNNY. 'I can read it all by myself' is the Beginner Books motto, and behind it is an understanding of how important it is for children to take pride and pleasure in their earl...more
Paperback
Published March 4th 1985 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Very Bad Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Very Bad Bunny

Anastasia
The art in this bunny book is priceless...they'll haunt your conceptual imagery references for a long time to come in the same way as the bunnies in Wallace and Grommit's feature length film. It's also a bit of a rarity in that it's a children's book for the very young that isn't afraid to make the parents out to be villains of a sort: there's a lot in it for children to relate to, especially those that are learning quickly that not everything in life will be fair or nice--though it does so in s...more
A
This is kind of a cute read, but not really one of the best children's books in my opinion. It's basically about a bunny whose family always thinks he's bad, but he doesn't TRY to be bad. So another truly troublemaker bunny comes along, and shows the family what a really bad bunny is. Like I said, it's cute, probably worth the read, but not one of the favorites that we own.
Keith
A perfect opportunity to distinguish between being bad, doing a bad thing, and having an accident, wasted. Also provides a few trouble making ideas for the unimaginative child looking to experiment with your definition and tolerance of each. This book can be safely enjoyed iff one peppers in the lessons during the reading.
Andria
The very bad bunny is bad. HOwever, when his little cousin comes into town it is very obvious that the bad bunny is not as bad as they thought he was.
Heather
22 months - I'll probably avoid this one for awhile. A lot of things kids shouldn't do or try. Maybe when you're a bit older.
Jaime Contreras
This is one of my favorite children's books because o the sharp humor and great illustrations.
Tyler Roman
Love this charcter from it's not easy being a bunny. He doesn't dissapoint in this book either.
Vivian Clarke
It's a good book to show the deference from being bad abs doing bad things!
Diana Lynn
I LOVED this little book as a child.
Liz
I loved it when I was little.
Jen Hughes
Another one of my favs as a kid!
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Jaquesha
this book is crazy i said
Cat Belisle
Cat Belisle marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Feb 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
With a degree in fine arts, Marilyn Sadler assumed she would be an illustrator. But when early in her career she was presented with an opportunity to write, she seized it and quickly discovered that she had found her true love. No sad, sappy stories for her, however. She likes to make herself laugh, and with that her characters usually end up looking pretty silly for one reason or another.

Her firs...more
More about Marilyn Sadler...
It's Not Easy Being a Bunny Pass It On! Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books) P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out Alice from Dallas