Start by marking “The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)” as Want to Read:
The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)

The Very Bad Bunny (P.J. Funnybunny #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  17 reviews
P.J. Funnybunny sometimes behaved badly. But THE VERY BAD BUNNY was his cousin Blinky, whose exploits will amuse all young children. Fans of P.J. will also like his first book, IT'S NOT EASY BEING A BUNNY. 'I can read it all by myself' is the Beginner Books motto, and behind it is an understanding of how important it is for children to take pride and pleasure in their earl ...more
Paperback
Published March 4th 1985 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Very Bad Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Very Bad Bunny

Anastasia
The art in this bunny book is priceless...they'll haunt your conceptual imagery references for a long time to come in the same way as the bunnies in Wallace and Grommit's feature length film. It's also a bit of a rarity in that it's a children's book for the very young that isn't afraid to make the parents out to be villains of a sort: there's a lot in it for children to relate to, especially those that are learning quickly that not everything in life will be fair or nice--though it does so in s ...more
Jasmine
The Very Bad Bunny- Author and Illustrator Marilyn Sadler

This book is about a bunny, named P.J Funnybunny, who is told by his family that he is a bad bunny because of the things that he does but does not mean to do. His family starts to realizes that P.J is not such a bad bunny after his cousin Binky comes over for a visit.

The content of this book focuses on redirection, respect of other peoples things, and self-regulation.

This book can be utilized to coach kids on how to do the right thing or
A
This is kind of a cute read, but not really one of the best children's books in my opinion. It's basically about a bunny whose family always thinks he's bad, but he doesn't TRY to be bad. So another truly troublemaker bunny comes along, and shows the family what a really bad bunny is. Like I said, it's cute, probably worth the read, but not one of the favorites that we own.
Bunty Jah
This is a good book to teach children about self-regulations. This will be a good book to teach children about respect of other peoples things. This can be used to discuss about make bad and good choices and how it makes others feel. Not sure if this is a book I will read my children as Binky was really really bad bunny.
Brittany
I loved this book as a child and my son loves it now. I never thought that the bunny was bad, he just made some choices that he shouldn't have, but that didn't make him bad. Now the cousin... that's a very bad bunny!
Rachael
Good story that prompts discussion about what made Binky so 'bad' while PJ wasn't.
Keith
A perfect opportunity to distinguish between being bad, doing a bad thing, and having an accident, wasted. Also provides a few trouble making ideas for the unimaginative child looking to experiment with your definition and tolerance of each. This book can be safely enjoyed iff one peppers in the lessons during the reading.
Andria
The very bad bunny is bad. HOwever, when his little cousin comes into town it is very obvious that the bad bunny is not as bad as they thought he was.
Heather
Mar 20, 2011 Heather rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
22 months - I'll probably avoid this one for awhile. A lot of things kids shouldn't do or try. Maybe when you're a bit older.
Jaime Contreras
This is one of my favorite children's books because o the sharp humor and great illustrations.
Tyler Roman
Love this charcter from it's not easy being a bunny. He doesn't dissapoint in this book either.
Vivian Clarke
It's a good book to show the deference from being bad abs doing bad things!
Diana Lynn
I LOVED this little book as a child.
Liz
I loved it when I was little.
Jen Hughes
Another one of my favs as a kid!
Angela Barakat
I read this with both my children.
Jaquesha
this book is crazy i said
Janna
Janna added it
Jul 17, 2015
Anna Banana
Anna Banana marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Dominique Henderson
Dominique Henderson marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Alexandra Stockdale
Alexandra Stockdale marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
אור הרשקוביץ
אור הרשקוביץ marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
With a degree in fine arts, Marilyn Sadler assumed she would be an illustrator. But when early in her career she was presented with an opportunity to write, she seized it and quickly discovered that she had found her true love. No sad, sappy stories for her, however. She likes to make herself laugh, and with that her characters usually end up looking pretty silly for one reason or another.

Her firs
More about Marilyn Sadler...

P.J. Funnybunny (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • It's Not Easy Being a Bunny
  • P.J. The Spoiled Bunny (Random House Pictureback)
  • P. J. Funnybunny In The Great Tricycle Race
  • P.J. Funnybunny in the Perfect Hiding Place (Look-Looks)
  • Knock, Kock, It's P. J. Funnybunny! (A Flap Book)
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • Bedtime for Bunnies (Peek-a-Board Books(TM))
  • P.J. Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday Party
  • Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books)
  • P.J. Funnybunny's Bag of Tricks
It's Not Easy Being a Bunny Pass It On! Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books) Alice from Dallas P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out