Start by marking “Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)

Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,592 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
The gods and demons of ancient China are alive and kicking . . .

Emma Donahoe teeters on the edge of becoming fully demon, and must make a journey to the Kunlun Mountains in the West, home of the reclusive ancient goddess Nu Wa, in an attempt to regain her humanity. Traveling with Emma is Xuan Wu's daughter, Simone, who is struggling with her growing power and trying to def
ebook, ebook edition
Published August 1st 2010 by HarperCollins Voyager (first published January 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hell to Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell to Heaven

Robin
May 14, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like: Chinese Mythology or Mythology in general, Urban Fantasy, Martial Arts, Paranormal
This review is pasted for all of the following:
White Tiger (Dark Heavens, #1) by Kylie ChanRed Phoenix (Dark Heavens, #2) by Kylie ChanBlue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3) by Kylie ChanEarth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1) by Kylie ChanHell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2) by Kylie ChanHeaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3) by Kylie Chan

4 1/2 STARS

Reasons I bloody LOVE! Kylie Chan's "Dark Heavens" & "Journey to Wudang" (& soon to be "Celestial Battle") trilogies. . .

#1. You do not need to read the "Dark Heavens" trilogy before reading the "Journey to Wudang" trilogy. It wouldn't hurt, because you'll want to know what happened, but essentially, you can just jump right in at book 4 of the complete series or book 1 of "Journey to Wudang".

#2. These books are written with a lo
Jeffrey
Apr 13, 2012 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2012
Kylie Chan's confidence in her work shows in her fifth book, second in the current trilogy.

With Leo thankfully back among the living, Emma must try to deal with her and Simone's personal issues while maintaining an ever weakening grasp on the Regency of the North. With foes both without Wudang and within, Emma undertakes a dangerous mission to try and cleanse herself. Meanwhile, the renegade demons continue to plot and Emma's oldest foe emerges as, potentially, the ultimate threat.

It's odd. Lik
Belinda. Hamilton
There is good reason the first question Kylie Chan is asked at public appearances is ‘When is the next book coming out?’
Do you want to be the last one to know why everyone is putting this woman on the top of the best sellers lists?

Kylie has continued her remarkable narrative in Heaven to Hell, the second book of the Journey to Wudang series.
There are moments that may bring a tear to your eye and a few places that may get the book banned from the bedroom if you tend to be reading late at night.
Estara
Jun 05, 2010 Estara rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2010
This time it suffers from middle book syndrome a bit, although we get a few nifty turns and twists that were foreshadowed taken care of. I bet it reads better if you read the second trilogy all in one go, but of course at the moment the third book isn't out yet.
Sarah Clifton
Jan 10, 2015 Sarah Clifton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4 1/2 stars

Awesome read! Could have had a bit more action in the book...it was more full on towards the end but overall still a fantastic book. I loved how Xuan Wu(John)was included more in this book compared to 'Earth to Hell' which is why I gave an extra half star ;)
Annie
Jan 18, 2015 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh wow.. what a ride!!! especially towards the end where it left my mind boggled with many unanswered questions making me jump to Wudang III straight away!!! A great read!!!
Jenny Delandro
As always, an entertaining escape from the normal world...

But more questions in the end than answers..
(view spoiler)
Denise Thomson
Sep 28, 2016 Denise Thomson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

What a page turner, the story continues to twist and turn!
Can't wait to start next one.
A fantastic read....
Dianne
Oct 20, 2012 Dianne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-arcs
Hell to Heaven: Journey to Wudang: Book Two by Kylie Chan (Oct 30, 2012)

I am most likely going to be the only dissenting reader that did not adore this book once more reviews are posted. Don’t get me wrong though…while I don’t LOVE these books, they do keep me curious and fascinated enough to keep reading and to slog through the long passages that can be repetitious or rambling or unnecessary to the progression of the plot.

As others have said, do not try reading this novel without reading the fi
Marianne
Oct 21, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hell to Heaven is the 5th novel by Australian author Kylie Chan and is the 2nd in the Journey to Wudang series. While her fiancé, Xuan Wu, the Dark Lord of the Northern Heavens, aka Hong Kong businessman John Chen, is absent, his Dark Lady, Emma Donahoe is Acting First Heavenly General, Regent of the Northern Heavens and Administrator of Wudangshan and taking care of affairs in his place. This includes looking after his daughter, the half-human, half-divine Simone, who, at the rebellious age of ...more
Lucie Paris
The synopsis interested me so I decided to start this series. When I agreed to read this novel, I did not pay attention to the fact that there was already a first volume that had been published. Result: I waded!

Often, the author makes a summary of what previously happenedand the reader can catch the train. Here, the complexity of the magic clans did not permit me to access to all the information I needed to fully appreciate this book.

Surprisingly, progressively my frustration has given way to in
Jul 25, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again,Kylie Chan does not fail to keep her readers dazzled. In this second book of the “Journey to Wudang” trilogy, the main characters continue to search for answers that are not easily available to them. Emma confronts her darkest fears and continues her search to understand who she is. Simone discovers the importance of family and to accept who she is. Xuan Wu tries to piece himself together. Leo learns more about his abilities.

There is not as much fighting throughout the book as were in
Hershel Shipman
Feb 09, 2013 Hershel Shipman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd book of the 2nd trilogy. I still love the mythos of the chinese gods and martial arts but... the book suffers from a slight problem.

It could have been a bit shorter. There is a lot of little things that didn't really add much. I appreciate little things, but as long as they make you appreciate them. Also as the end of the Dark Heavens trilogy they put the main character through absolute hell, and this is only the SECOND book. It just makes you wonder how Mrs. Chan is going to throw her throu
Babydoclaz
May 01, 2012 Babydoclaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is really gripping. It's written like one book, with very little intro or retrospective from previous books. If you aren't familiar with the previous books, it may be a bit confusing, though still a good story. I'd recommend starting with White Tiger. And beware...the books are addictive!
Boneist
Nov 18, 2013 Boneist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, bit of a cliffhanger ending there - I couldn't stop to write this review earlier, I had to keep reading!

I sure hope we'll get an ending at the end of this trilogy; surely Kylie can't drag out the story any further?
Shelly
Jun 19, 2016 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I would have liked these books better if they had been shorter--maybe one book for each of the trilogies. I can't believe there are four books after this one. I do like the characters but the plot moves so slowly, I am ambivalent about investing the time to finish the story.
Meghan
Dec 25, 2013 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one yet. Some laugh out loud lines with the tiger, Emma and Leo. Too funny. I marked down at least 4 pages I wanted for quick giggle reference. I am interested to see if anything gets resolved in book3. This is such a soap opera. But I love it.
Heather Rohrer
Elizabeth
I still love this series, but the story gets kind of hard to follow in this one. There are a lot of characters to keep track of. This is definitely not a series to read out of order. I'm still planning to read the rest of them when I get the time.
Dr susan
Jan 01, 2013 Dr susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
Chan's style will not appeal to everyone, but Emma's story is addictive.
Tylee Pippen
Jul 29, 2016 Tylee Pippen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting hints as to what our main character, Emma may be... lol Love the fact we can't figure it out!!
Nerrel Loader
Mar 13, 2016 Nerrel Loader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this whole series. Although it took too long for the last book to come out and I've lost interest and it is just sitting on the shelves. Kind of lost interest waiting too long.
Kara-karina
Apr 06, 2013 Kara-karina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another re-read and there were some spectacular moments here. off to next one, really enjoyed it!
Matthew Custer
Young adult novel, different enough to be worth a read but has the David Eddings feeling of repetition in dialogue, but note they are good enough that i've read 6 so far
Katie
Feb 02, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Great series. On to the next one.
Toni Yan
Decent but was also thoroughly rushed, particularly towards the end as Chan finished off the 'demon essence' plotline.
Faye
Oct 22, 2011 Faye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a series. Love it. You have to read it. Will start the next book soon.
Tia-Sheree Crowley
I just liked this book
Hazel
Jul 08, 2014 Hazel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kylie Chan has redeemed herself from her previous book Earth to Hell and I loved this book.
Misty
Jun 19, 2010 Misty marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-bought
Cant wait
  • Dark Space (Sentients of Orion, #1)
  • The Dark Age (The Ancient Future, #1)
  • Power and Majesty (Creature Court, #1)
  • The Chaos Crystal (Tide Lords, #4)
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Queen of All Magick Elizabeth (Aaron's Kiss, #14)
  • Crimson Spell Bd. 4
  • Lies and Prophecy (Wilders #1)
  • The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
Kylie doesn't participate in the Goodreads network. You can find her fanpage on Facebook or visit her website at www.kyliechan.com.

Kylie Chan married a Hong Kong national in a traditional Chinese wedding ceremony in Eastern China, lived in Australia for ten years, then moved to Hong Kong for ten years and during that time learnt a great deal about Chinese culture and came to appreciate the custom
More about Kylie Chan...

Journey to Wudang (3 books)
  • Earth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1)
  • Heaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3)

“The Turtle raises its head above the water and watches the glittering coloured lights beneath the blazing stars of the Northern Heavens, wondering why it is there.

The Serpent chokes on the polluted water, drifting to the bottom amid the mud and oil, listening to the many engines moving overhead.

They cry. There is no answer.”
0 likes
“The Serpent takes its smallest form and drifts through an oil slick, choking on the filth in the water, suffocating on the debris.

The Turtle stands in the snow on the highest peak of the Western Heavens, gazing up at the perfectly black sky with its steadily brilliant stars, not sure what it is seeking.

They cry. There is no answer.”
0 likes