Start by marking “Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)

Hell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,160 ratings  ·  45 reviews
The gods and demons of ancient China are alive and kicking . . .

Emma Donahoe teeters on the edge of becoming fully demon, and must make a journey to the Kunlun Mountains in the West, home of the reclusive ancient goddess Nu Wa, in an attempt to regain her humanity. Traveling with Emma is Xuan Wu's daughter, Simone, who is struggling with her growing power and trying to def
ebook, ebook edition
Published August 1st 2010 by HarperCollins Voyager (first published January 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hell to Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell to Heaven

Robin
Jun 05, 2013 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like: Chinese Mythology or Mythology in general, Urban Fantasy, Martial Arts, Paranormal
This review is pasted for all of the following:
White Tiger (Dark Heavens, #1) by Kylie ChanRed Phoenix (Dark Heavens, #2) by Kylie ChanBlue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3) by Kylie ChanEarth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1) by Kylie ChanHell to Heaven (Journey to Wudang #2) by Kylie ChanHeaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3) by Kylie Chan

4 1/2 STARS

Reasons I bloody LOVE! Kylie Chan's "Dark Heavens" & "Journey to Wudang" (& soon to be "Celestial Battle") trilogies. . .

#1. You do not need to read the "Dark Heavens" trilogy before reading the "Journey to Wudang" trilogy. It wouldn't hurt, because you'll want to know what happened, but essentially, you can just jump right in at book 4 of the complete series or book 1 of "Journey to Wudang".

#2. These books are written with a lo
Jeffrey
Kylie Chan's confidence in her work shows in her fifth book, second in the current trilogy.

With Leo thankfully back among the living, Emma must try to deal with her and Simone's personal issues while maintaining an ever weakening grasp on the Regency of the North. With foes both without Wudang and within, Emma undertakes a dangerous mission to try and cleanse herself. Meanwhile, the renegade demons continue to plot and Emma's oldest foe emerges as, potentially, the ultimate threat.

It's odd. Lik
Belinda. Hamilton
There is good reason the first question Kylie Chan is asked at public appearances is ‘When is the next book coming out?’
Do you want to be the last one to know why everyone is putting this woman on the top of the best sellers lists?

Kylie has continued her remarkable narrative in Heaven to Hell, the second book of the Journey to Wudang series.
There are moments that may bring a tear to your eye and a few places that may get the book banned from the bedroom if you tend to be reading late at night.
Estara
This time it suffers from middle book syndrome a bit, although we get a few nifty turns and twists that were foreshadowed taken care of. I bet it reads better if you read the second trilogy all in one go, but of course at the moment the third book isn't out yet.
Lucie Fuentes
The synopsis interested me so I decided to start this series. When I agreed to read this novel, I did not pay attention to the fact that there was already a first volume that had been published. Result: I waded!

Often, the author makes a summary of what previously happenedand the reader can catch the train. Here, the complexity of the magic clans did not permit me to access to all the information I needed to fully appreciate this book.

Surprisingly, progressively my frustration has given way to in
Dianne
Hell to Heaven: Journey to Wudang: Book Two by Kylie Chan (Oct 30, 2012)

I am most likely going to be the only dissenting reader that did not adore this book once more reviews are posted. Don’t get me wrong though…while I don’t LOVE these books, they do keep me curious and fascinated enough to keep reading and to slog through the long passages that can be repetitious or rambling or unnecessary to the progression of the plot.

As others have said, do not try reading this novel without reading the fi
Jenny Delandro
As always, an entertaining escape from the normal world...

But more questions in the end than answers..
(view spoiler)
Marianne
Hell to Heaven is the 5th novel by Australian author Kylie Chan and is the 2nd in the Journey to Wudang series. While her fiancé, Xuan Wu, the Dark Lord of the Northern Heavens, aka Hong Kong businessman John Chen, is absent, his Dark Lady, Emma Donahoe is Acting First Heavenly General, Regent of the Northern Heavens and Administrator of Wudangshan and taking care of affairs in his place. This includes looking after his daughter, the half-human, half-divine Simone, who, at the rebellious age of ...more
Sarah Cameron
Once again,Kylie Chan does not fail to keep her readers dazzled. In this second book of the “Journey to Wudang” trilogy, the main characters continue to search for answers that are not easily available to them. Emma confronts her darkest fears and continues her search to understand who she is. Simone discovers the importance of family and to accept who she is. Xuan Wu tries to piece himself together. Leo learns more about his abilities.

There is not as much fighting throughout the book as were in
Sarah Clifton
Rating 4 1/2 stars

Awesome read! Could have had a bit more action in the book...it was more full on towards the end but overall still a fantastic book. I loved how Xuan Wu(John)was included more in this book compared to 'Earth to Hell' which is why I gave an extra half star ;)
Heather Leigh
Hershel Shipman
2nd book of the 2nd trilogy. I still love the mythos of the chinese gods and martial arts but... the book suffers from a slight problem.

It could have been a bit shorter. There is a lot of little things that didn't really add much. I appreciate little things, but as long as they make you appreciate them. Also as the end of the Dark Heavens trilogy they put the main character through absolute hell, and this is only the SECOND book. It just makes you wonder how Mrs. Chan is going to throw her throu
Alledria
Suffering from a bit of overload on Emma. She's just got too much going on and the repetitive what am I conversations are getting old.
Hazel
Kylie Chan has redeemed herself from her previous book Earth to Hell and I loved this book.
Spasija Krstevska
It is a great book. love the characters and the story line about emma and john chan... love it...
Douwe
For some reason this trilogy didn't grab me as much as the first but I'm still curious to see what happens next.
Barbara
An improvement on the previous book in this series. This one has far fewer battles and much more plotting, scheming and politics. And something actually gets resolved!
Meghan
Best one yet. Some laugh out loud lines with the tiger, Emma and Leo. Too funny. I marked down at least 4 pages I wanted for quick giggle reference. I am interested to see if anything gets resolved in book3. This is such a soap opera. But I love it.
Babydoclaz
This series is really gripping. It's written like one book, with very little intro or retrospective from previous books. If you aren't familiar with the previous books, it may be a bit confusing, though still a good story. I'd recommend starting with White Tiger. And beware...the books are addictive!
Elizabeth
I still love this series, but the story gets kind of hard to follow in this one. There are a lot of characters to keep track of. This is definitely not a series to read out of order. I'm still planning to read the rest of them when I get the time.
Boneist
Ok, bit of a cliffhanger ending there - I couldn't stop to write this review earlier, I had to keep reading!

I sure hope we'll get an ending at the end of this trilogy; surely Kylie can't drag out the story any further?
Nyx Aine Ooi
Why!!!!

If I ever have a chance to meet Er Lang he's deader than dead! I'll make sure he's tossed to the snake mothers and let him have a bloody taste of what a demon actually is!
Sarah Helser
There were parts in this book that I felt were unnecessary even though it was all tied up neatly in the end. As always, fantastic story. I can't wait to read the next one.
Matthew Custer
Young adult novel, different enough to be worth a read but has the David Eddings feeling of repetition in dialogue, but note they are good enough that i've read 6 so far
Emma
Loved this novel. Everything is lining for the final in series. Can't wait to drop in Rosmary's on Friday for the realease/book signing. :-)
Catherine
I feel like this series is slowly going downhill. The book was OK, but it seems to be repeating the same story line over again.
Shirley Acton
iPad was stolen. on this date. so now reading the trilogy journey to wudang. what I have read far I have enjoyed.
Fiona Burgess
Great. Am loving the continuation of Emma and Simone as they grow and develop. Shall be reading the next one ASAP
Toni Yan
Decent but was also thoroughly rushed, particularly towards the end as Chan finished off the 'demon essence' plotline.
  • Dark Space (Sentients of Orion, #1)
  • Power and Majesty (Creature Court, #1)
  • The Dark Age (The Ancient Future, #1)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • The Palace of Impossible Dreams (Tide Lords, #3)
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 02 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #2)
  • Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2)
  • The Skull of the World (The Witches of Eileanan, #5)
  • The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Only a Shadow (Fated Blades, #0)
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
Kylie doesn't participate in the Goodreads network. You can find her fanpage on Facebook or visit her website at www.kyliechan.com.

Kylie Chan married a Hong Kong national in a traditional Chinese wedding ceremony in Eastern China, lived in Australia for ten years, then moved to Hong Kong for ten years and during that time learnt a great deal about Chinese culture and came to appreciate the custom
More about Kylie Chan...

Journey to Wudang (3 books)
  • Earth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1)
  • Heaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3)
White Tiger (Dark Heavens, #1) Red Phoenix (Dark Heavens, #2) Blue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3) Earth to Hell (Journey to Wudang, #1) Heaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3)

“The Turtle raises its head above the water and watches the glittering coloured lights beneath the blazing stars of the Northern Heavens, wondering why it is there.

The Serpent chokes on the polluted water, drifting to the bottom amid the mud and oil, listening to the many engines moving overhead.

They cry. There is no answer.”
0 likes
“The Serpent takes its smallest form and drifts through an oil slick, choking on the filth in the water, suffocating on the debris.

The Turtle stands in the snow on the highest peak of the Western Heavens, gazing up at the perfectly black sky with its steadily brilliant stars, not sure what it is seeking.

They cry. There is no answer.”
0 likes