Start by marking “Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty: Creating the Risk Intelligent Enterprise” as Want to Read:
Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty: Creating the Risk Intelligent Enterprise

Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty: Creating the Risk Intelligent Enterprise

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A new book to help senior executives and boards get smart about risk managementThe ability of businesses to survive and thrive often requires unconventional thinking and calculated risk taking. The key is to make the right decisions--even under the most risky, uncertain, and turbulent conditions.

In the new book, Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty: Creating the Risk Inte
Published June 3rd 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published April 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty

Darci
I bought this book for more background on risk management. I hadn't had a lot of formal training in this space and this was a great start for me. It explained the tools used and gave current examples of both the cost of not using them as well as how using them prevented disaster. These 'real world' moments help bring me a better understanding of the tools. It was a dry subject, but my interest held through the whole book. In my work-world I'm dealing with just a subset (operational risk), but it ...more
Sharon Tan
A good solid book based on practical experience on the ground as consultants. Particularly loved the 'Voice of Experience' nuggets. Only grouse was that it got a little bit dry at some parts.
Jack Penolope
Jack Penolope marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mwr
Mwr marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Sue Daul
Sue Daul marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Carl
Carl marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Anton
Anton marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Cyrus
Cyrus marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Rado
Rado added it
Apr 23, 2012
Bernd
Bernd marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
Michael Nemtsev
Michael Nemtsev is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2011
Michael Nemtsev
Michael Nemtsev marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2011
Chris Petricko
Chris Petricko marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2010
America: A New World Power (America, Great Crises In Our History Told by its Makers) Memories of Two Wars: Cuban and Philippine Experiences