Start by marking “Dreaming with God” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Dreaming with God

Bill Johnson

Dreaming with God

Forget about redesigning your living room or adding "curb appeal" - how about redesigning the world! Author Bill Johnson reveals the secrets of using God's unlimited supply of everything to transform your family and community, your job or business, the nation and the world. You were created to be a "design star" by using your unique: Imagination Wisdom, Creativity Dreams. ...more
Published March 10th 2010 by Destiny Image Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming with God

Amy
Feb 16, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved loved loved this book. This was a book written by a pastor, and seeker of God's heart and is all about living outside of the box. Living with passion, and creativity and all about letting your life as a Christian be a solution for the brokenness of the world we live in. It challenged me, and I have definitely found another spiritual father in Bill Johnson.
Sherri Hayes
Dec 19, 2016 Sherri Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book inspires and challenges. It inspires you to dream God dreams but at the same time there is a call to action. God is a eternally creative and we can take part. How exciting is that?

Bill uses both Old and New Testament passages and the way he does opens your eyes to new understanding. I will never look at the passages of Jesus and the fig tree that withers the same. I have new understanding and it is exciting.

With God, all things are possible!
Jaimie Trussell
I felt this book had some real nuggets of wisdom - and for me - it did provoke a few genuine "stop and think" moments. Unfortunately, I feel like it was about 70 pages too long, and some sections were decidedly "mushy" in content and clarity.

Christina
Jan 16, 2017 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good. This may be my favorite Bill Johnson book written.
Charity
Feb 10, 2009 Charity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for permission to dream big and live out their destiny
Bill Johnson encourages readers to be creative, to dream with God in order to truly live out their highest, most fulfilling destiny. For example, as a recovering perfectionist who tends to analyze life in search of the "best" way or the "right" answer, I was challenged by the statement that "To embrace revelation with one hand, and embrace mystery with the other, forms a perfect cross. This is a cross that everyone who is hungry to do the works of Jesus will have to carry. God must violate our l ...more
V. Z.
Aug 31, 2016 V. Z. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

I read this book as a skeptic, and this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place anywhere. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Chris
This is a book of encouragement for the Christian believer. It is for anyone who is dissatisfied with their life, unhappy in their job and overall feels like they will never live out their dreams. In this book, Bill Johnson explains how God has put within you, dreams and desires He wants you to accomplish. Bill encourages you to dream and to reach for those dreams.
Sandra Asermelly
While I don't swallow all the concepts of this book whole, I really did like the encouragement to see God move in the "every day" of our lives and what we do, the call to make a difference in the world, the idea of God's presence in all things- including what is deemed "secular" and to believe God for culture change.
Ashley
Jul 14, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I literally just finished reading the last page. If I was hungry for more before reading this book, I wasn't hungry enough. I want to see the miracles. I want to pull what God promised for tomorrow into TODAY!!! I want to be saturated in God's Presence! I'm not satisfied! I don't want to miss out!
Jim
Mar 09, 2012 Jim rated it liked it
I found the first few chapters to be very good and insightful. Then I felt like the middle of the book became a bit blurry and jumbled and carried many of the themes that are commonly found in Johnson & Vallotton's writing. All in all, a good read.
Christopher Hopper
One of my favorite books for Creatives. Not to mention for Christians. Permission to dream in the ways God intended, and resist the lies of religious spirits that quench life. Johnson is one of my favorite modern thinkers.
Alesia Taylor
May 29, 2013 Alesia Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because it teaches us that His dreams go far beyond what we can imagine but He will allow us to tap into them. It's a wonderful book that if applied can lead to some wonderful experiences with God.
Andrew
Nov 29, 2012 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's one of those times when you want to be able to assign half stars - but I'll round it up because there were some amazing insights (potentially life-changing).
Emily
Sep 19, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book inspired me to allow God to use the dreams on my heart to advance his kingdom. It wasn't just spiritual but also very practical.
Melissa
Dec 05, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fantastic book. I think it is my current all time favorite "inspirational" book. It was a raw smack in the face for religeousity!!
Alison
Read this book in a hotel room in a day when I should of been at a conference... read this book and try and tell me following God is boring
Jaime Contreras
I had never given much thought about what I dream but I was wrong. This book delves into how we as Christians need to adjust our thinking. This was quite eye-opening and inspirational.
Stacy
Jun 01, 2009 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book has been retitled as of April 2009 to, "Secrets to Imitating God". Another life changing read for me!
chris
Aug 14, 2011 chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING book! Has some rather complex ideas but everything is full of truth and inspiration about who we are truly called to be and what it means to really dream with God. :)
Michelle
Dec 05, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: life-changing
Eye opening. Revolutionary. One of the books that has impacted my life beyond words. Pastor Bill Johnson, I thank God for your life!
Keith
Keith rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Sabzerooo
Sabzerooo rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Savoryspices
Savoryspices rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Samuel Cabbuag
Samuel Cabbuag rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Edith Kortekangas
Edith Kortekangas rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Paul Griffin
Paul Griffin rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Kristina Raush
Kristina Raush rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2016
Melinda Wells
Melinda Wells rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Paul Van buren
Paul Van buren rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • The Torch and the Sword
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • Open My Eyes, Lord: A Practical Guide to Angelic Visitations and Heavenly Experiences
  • Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence
  • Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
  • Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • Intimate Friendship with God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
Bill Johnson and his wife Brenda (Beni) Johnson are the Senior Pastors of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Johnson is a fifth generation pastor.

Johnson was born in Minnesota in 1951 and became a Christian as a young child. Soon after, Johnson read seven books on prayer, which significantly affected his perspective and subsequent ministry.

Bill Johnson and his wife have three children: Eric, Br
More about Bill Johnson...

“if it matters to you, it matters to Him.” 3 likes
“Faith does not come from our understanding. It comes from the heart. We do not believe because we understand; we understand because we believe (see Heb. 11:6). We’ll know when our mind is truly renewed, because the impossible will look logical.” 3 likes