Start by marking “His Brother's Keeper: Updated by James Reimann” as Want to Read:
His Brother's Keeper: Updated by James Reimann

His Brother's Keeper: Updated by James Reimann

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In the stirring tradition of his classic "In His Steps" (over 30 million copies sold), this long unavailable, recently rediscovered, inspirational novel examines the lives of two men, one rich and one poor, who joined together to fulfill Christ's command to serve Him by ministering to "the least of these My brethren."

In the summer of 1895, the mining town of Champion was t
Published September 20th 1999 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about His Brother's Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Brother's Keeper

Melissa
This was an excellent book. Mr. Sheldon weaves a wonderful story that teaches us a beautiful lesson about the value of things and our responsibility to each other. The story is set in the town of Champion and takes place during the iron miners strike of 1895. You will meet Stuart, the son of a rich iron mine owner, Eric, a childhood friend of Stuart and a mine worker, Andrew, preacher of a local church, Rhena, a local Salvation Army worker, and my favorite character, Doc Saxon. You will journey ...more
Joyce
This book is good so far. And what a blessing when my mother, who has dementia, asked if I started another book and i told her it was by Charles Sheldon, author of In His Steps. She immediately knew the book, In His Steps, from many years ago. She said it was one that was read at home, probably her mother's copy. What a blessing!
This fictional account is based on a true event. There are many struggles in the book. The Salvation Army played an important part in the story. Strong characters, stor
L
The original edition of His Brother's Keeper was written by Charles M Sheldon in 1895, one year before he wrote In His Steps, which was the story that launched the WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?)movement. It is based upon real events of a labor struggle that involved the Salvation Army, and a man named Stuart Duncan who had a spiritual struggle between being enormously wealthy and seeing the poverty all around him.
Rita Jean
By the same author as "In His Steps" which started the What Would Jesus Do craze. Even though this was written back when...it is still relevant. Character is something we all must continually strive to maintain.
Ma
In my opinion, an even better book than In His Steps and deserves to be better known. A clear depiction of what the Christian attitude toward the downtrodden ought to be.
Bradly J
Every bit as good as In His Steps, I probably liked it better. If you can find a copy, read it. I'm not sure that Nelson is still printing it.
Rachel
I really do like this one. A great inspirational read.
Betty Mathis
Betty Mathis marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Dr Bukki
Dr Bukki marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Melody Olson
Melody Olson marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Floy
Floy marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Julie C
Julie C marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
LeAnne Nelson
LeAnne Nelson marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Was an American minister in the Congregational churches and leader of the Social Gospel movement. His novel, In His Steps, introduced the principle of "What Would Jesus Do?" which articulated an approach to Christian theology that became popular at the turn of the 20th Century and had a revival almost one hundred years later.
More about Charles M. Sheldon...
In His Steps The 13th Resolution Jesus Is Here Robert Hardy's Seven Days The Wilderness of Denali