Start by marking “Natural Hormone Balance for Women: Look Younger, Feel Stronger, and Live Life with Exuberance” as Want to Read:

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A pioneering gynecologist and antiaging specialist with a successful Beverly Hills practice, Dr. Uzzi Reiss shows the way for women who want to turn back the effects of time through natural hormone therapy, but who wonder: is it safe? Does it work? Is hormone therapy right for me?

NATURAL HORMONE BALANCE for Women

is Dr. Reiss's breakthrough, step-by-step program for women
Published October 26th 2001 by Atria Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Hormone Balance for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Hormone Balance for Women

Liss
Because Dr Reiss gives detailed advice for each major sex hormone, offering dosages to start at for women depending on their symptoms and state of reproductive health (young, perimenopause, menopause, etc) this book is quite helpful as a beginning text for women hoping to find remedies to mood/weight/metabolic ills that they suspect are linked to sex hormone imbalances. I also appreciate his detailed explanations of the different methods of taking the hormones and advice on which are likely to w ...more
Kristylemmon
Mar 15, 2009 Kristylemmon rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Rebecca, Heidi, Hadley
Recommended to Kristylemmon by: Oprah
This is the book I have been seeking for about 8 years now! I am so glad I finally have it. It addresses all my issues and concerns in a clear, easy to follow manner and makes good sense. I have been taking bioidentical hormones for nearly 6 months and while I have not had huge success (yet!), I am working towards a happier, healthier me. This book showed me what I need to do next and I can't wait to take it to my doctor and get myself more balanced! He covers pms, migraines, fatigue, sleep prob ...more
adri patamoma
tá aqui um livro sensacional! desde a adolescência convivo diariamente com muitos problemas hormonais, os quais venho tentando contornar há mais de 20 anos, com mais ou menos sucesso. com base neste livro, acredito que finalmente conseguirei encontrar meu equilíbrio físico (e, claro, também hormonal), sem efeitos colaterais indesejados. viva o dr. uzzi reiss! o livro é didático, bem escrito, e tem muitas dicas de como obter uma vida melhor (mais equilibrada hormonalmente).
Molly
Well-documented & educational, this book is the key to unlocking why so many of us women struggle to get through each day, yet chalk it all up to either depression or "status quo." There is a silver lining to those dark clouds & I, for one, am eager and hopeful to begin this journey toward better health! As a previous reviewer wrote: every woman should read this & arm herself w/ knowledge for the future.
Dayla
As it turns out Dr. Uzzi Reiss, would charge $450 to $600 to assess you at UCLA, using little more than his eyeballs. It was a lot of money, and I am glad that I got over my need to have my "natural hormones balanced" before paying that price. Suzanne Sommers, you really had your hooks in me in 2008.
Carrie
Every woman I know should read this book. I learned a lot about hormone balance and what I was lacking, yet ways to remedy it naturally that would make me stronger. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Andy
very informative. this is not about finding a fountain of youth. it is about women living a better quality life as we age. really educated me about the whole hrt controversy.
Karen
I'm learning so much from this book! Hormones are complex, and Dr. Reiss presents them in a clear manner, easy to understand. I think every woman over 40 should read this book.
Tonya
Oct 07, 2012 Tonya rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Women & Doctors dealing with women.
Excellent Information for someone looking into Natural Hormone Balance. Very Informative & answers many questions.
Alicia
This book is life changing for anyone suffering from PMS, or any other hormone related problem.
Laurie
Dec 18, 2009 Laurie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
With all the talk about hormone replacement therapy, I want to educate myself.
Trina Beatty
The best informative book on Natural Hormones. It has really helped me.
Kristie
Insightful book
Carol Pratt
Carol Pratt is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Natural Superwoman: The Scientifically Backed Program for Feeling Great, Looking Younger, and Enjoying Amazing Energy at Any Age How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy: Solving Pregnancy's Most Common Problems - Quickly and Effectively How to Make a New Mother Happy: A Doctor's Guide to Solving Her Most Common Problems -- Quickly and Effectively The Natural Superwoman Natural Hormone Balance for Women: Look Younger, Feel Stronger, and Live Life with Exuberabce