Start by marking “Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity” as Want to Read:
Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity

Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity

· Speaks to five areas of difficulty for highly sensitive people:

1. Difficulties with the design

2. Difficulty hearing God and being confident in that hearing

3. Trust

4. Boundaries

5. Sense of worth and belonging

· Gives practical guidelines to sort through a jumble of sensory data—helps you sort “me from thee!”

· Gives strategies to build or repair inner structures

· Provides h
Published September 1st 2010 by Destiny Image

To ask other readers questions about Highly Sensitive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highly Sensitive

Kevin Orth
Sep 23, 2016 Kevin Orth rated it did not like it
You would never know this by the title or subtitle, but this is more of a Bible based sermon from a conservative Christian perspective than about being highly sensitive. My issue is the 'bait and switch'. By all means, write a book heavily Bible citation. Have at it, write a book that is more sermon than research. Please do not title the book so deceptively that the potential reader has less than no sincere understanding on the true nature of the piece.
Anne Hamilton
Dec 10, 2014 Anne Hamilton rated it it was amazing
A superb book that examines the problems (oops! my boss would correct me immediately for that word - 'opportunities') that beset the lives of people who have a high level of spiritual sensitivity. Some might call it 'empathy', others 'burden-bearing'. I once heard a pyschologist say about it: about one in seven people have it and they think they're crazy - the other six-sevenths know they are. It raised a laugh but unredeemed burden-bearing is no laughing matter.

As Carol says, our central nervo
Pamela
Sep 07, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it
Helped me understand a lot good to know I'm not crazy.
Shelley Hitz
Nov 17, 2012 Shelley Hitz rated it it was amazing
A Practical and Insightful Book

Carol Brown's bok, "Highly Sensitive: Understanding Your Gift of Spiritual Sensitivity" is both practical as well as insightful. She addresses this book to those who are highly sensitive - both emotionally and spiritually - but I think any Christian can benefit from reading it.

Within the pages, she describes how often we can become burden bearers for others in both healthy and unhealthy ways. Sometimes we bear the burdens and take them to Christ through prayer and
Adriana
Apr 04, 2013 Adriana rated it it was amazing
I normally can zip right through a lot of books, but because of how in depth the author covers the subject of being highly sensitive I found myself reading slowly to digest all the insights provided.

It was refreshing to realize that my being sensitive to those around me is not a curse but a gift. My sensitivity when understood and properly processed can be a blessing as the author points out.

Have you ever wondered why others around you seem oblivious to the condition of someone whose need you
Shoshana Rhodes
Nov 04, 2014 Shoshana Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered why you seem so different from everyone else around you? If so, this book just might be for you! I’ve been a “different-from-the-rest-of-the-pack” intercessor for 30 years, and all I can say is this book puts into concise, easy to understand words the things I’ve had to process all these years without really understanding why! If this sounds like you, too, then I highly recommend this book. Highly Sensitive has the “real stuff” to keep you out of trouble and on the right t ...more
Nida Usman
Nida Usman marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Jillisa
Jillisa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Okhuoya Ohiorenuah
Okhuoya Ohiorenuah marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Emmie Lancaster
Emmie Lancaster marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Psychout
Psychout marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Christine Valerio
Christine Valerio marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Eya Ben Jebara
Eya Ben Jebara marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Candice Lee-Bradstreet
Candice Lee-Bradstreet marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Sonja A
Sonja A marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Jelena Hardy
Jelena Hardy rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2016
Elica Krivoshieva
Elica Krivoshieva marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Angie Bates
Angie Bates marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Vi Lai
Vi Lai marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Gypsy Nguyen
Gypsy Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Anouk Pilon
Anouk Pilon marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Cris DE
Cris DE marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Nicole Nicodemus
Nicole Nicodemus marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Maire
Maire marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Diane Chang
Diane Chang rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Nishmitha
Nishmitha marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016