Start by marking “Take Better Family Photos” as Want to Read:
Take Better Family Photos

Take Better Family Photos

Capture images of cherished occasions without red eyes, chopped-off heads, goofy grins, or scenes of fuzzy confusion. Packed with surefire techniques and savvy tips from a seasoned professional, Take Better Family Photos makes producing vivid, evocative, and truly pleasing pictures a snap for shutterbugs of all experience and comfort levels.
Published September 30th 2002 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Take Better Family Photos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Better Family Photos

Abbie
May 12, 2011 Abbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, click
I wasn't completely crazy about this book. But then again, I didn't totally dislike it. (I'm so vanilla. Sorry.)I liked reading about WHY each photo worked - a captioning theme that ran throughout the entire book - but it was all about composition. Nothing in those captions talked about HOW to create the photos. Another plus about the book was its clear sections on types of photos - candids, portraits, etc. and then how it went in depth on angles and facial expressions. But for all the (general) ...more
Marcie
Apr 03, 2009 Marcie rated it really liked it
I gave this one four stars because I felt it was the most comprehensive and approachable book about photography that I have yet read. If you simply want to improve the quality of your photos I would check out this book as a great beginners guide (with some helpful reminders for those well-read on the subject as well).
I enjoyed the blurby, easy-to-read style and the scores of photography examples.
J
Aug 27, 2011 J rated it really liked it
This How-to Book on family photos is inciteful and fresh with colorful examples of good and not-so-good photos. It gives simple, practical advice on how to take family pictures. My photos are already 100% better than reading this book. Its easy to understand due to organization of topics and pictures
Frynsg
Jul 31, 2008 Frynsg rated it really liked it
Shelves: informational
I've read through a lot of photography books. So many that they are starting to bleed together. This one stands out because of its direct method of providing concise bits of information. I really like the "Why It Worked" sections next to each photo.
Kandise
Kandise rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Karla Bledsoe
Karla Bledsoe rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2016
Qusay Fayoumi
Qusay Fayoumi rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2009
Sherri
Sherri rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2013
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2009
ThomasAD
ThomasAD rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Feb 04, 2011
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Geoff
Geoff marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Katrina Brooke
Katrina Brooke marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Irina Grigorii
Irina Grigorii marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 01, 2016
Britt
Britt added it
Jan 09, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2016