Start by marking “A Gentleman for Dry Creek” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman for Dry Creek

A Gentleman for Dry Creek (Dry Creek #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Garth Elkton had found Sylvia Bannister's car in a ditch and rescued her from the freezing weather. And when she'd fled like Cinderella, leaving an earring behind, he'd tracked her down to return it--only to save her a second time! Yet despite his heroic efforts, Sylvia wasn't treating him like her knight in shining armor. For an abusive marriage had made Sylvia wary of al ...more
Published August 1st 2000 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman for Dry Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman for Dry Creek

Sally
A Gentleman for Dry Creek
By: Janet Tronstad

This is the second book in the Dry Creek series. You do not need to read these in order to figure out what is going on or who is who, but I thought it would be fun to review them in order. At the end of An Angel for Dry Creek, we meet Garth Elkton and Sylvia Bannister. She comes to Dry Creek and ends up in a ditch. Garth rescues her. At the end, she goes back to Seattle.
A Gentleman for Dry Creek picks up Garth’s and Sylvia’s stories. Sylvia works wi
Monica Willyard
I'm enjoying seeing characters grow and develop in the series. This book gets off to a slow start, and then it picks up into something really nice. Don't skip this book if you plan to read the next one. The plots are tightly interconnected, and you won't understand what's happening in the next book if you don't read this one.
Julie Malcolm
A struggle to finish this book. I think the reader was supposed to amused but it was all just too absurd for me.
Abbie
I am enjoying the series so far but this book was not my favorite. I felt the main characters of this book where overlooked really. The author introduced the next books main characters as well as the book after that in this book and I felt it was too much and I never got connected to the main characters and was more interested in the next book then this one. Its a must read though if your going to read the next in the series. Over all though not a bad book just too many new characters at once.
Bookish Glamma
A Gentleman for Dry Creek was a decent enough, rather entertaining read for its majority. I love the connection with characters from the previous book in the series, and the introduction to what may come in the next installment. I love the setting and the writing style. This isn't your mama's Harlequin, however, the story fell horribly apart near the end, going of in too many directions, which accounts for the lower star rating.
Gmc
Garth Elkton fell in love when he found Sylvia Bannister in her wrecked car in a snow bank. She was looking for a camp for the youth group she taught, He being a cowboy roped her into using his ranch.
Story includes rustlers, kidnappers , secret federal agents, a pilot and chef tied together, a rich old lady, 31 teenagers.
Judy
I can't wait to get started on the next book in the series

A Bride for Dry Creek.

Sandra Kent
Excellent book, great read for the beach or wintry day.
Cws
YAI-Tro
Lah
Lah added it
Apr 20, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Ruth Mccurry
Ruth Mccurry marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
mary bradley
mary bradley marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Nancy Ross
Nancy Ross marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
KimberlyDawn
KimberlyDawn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Lori Slater
Lori Slater marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Janet grew up in the wide open spaces of rural Montana and now lives in the urban spaces of Pasadena, California. She's used both of these locations in her books. Her Dry Creek, Montana series numbers over twenty novels now and her Pasadena books, The Sisterhood of the Dropped Stitches, number four.
More about Janet Tronstad...

Dry Creek (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • An Angel For Dry Creek (Love Inspired Christmas Classic)
  • A Bride For Dry Creek
  • A Rich Man for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #4) (Love Inspired #176)
  • A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #5) (Love Inspired #228)
  • A Baby for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #6) (Love Inspired #240)
  • A Dry Creek Christmas
  • Sugar Plums for Dry Creek
  • At Home in Dry Creek
  • A Match Made in Dry Creek
  • Shepherds Abiding in Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #11) (Love Inspired #421)
A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Series #5) (Love Inspired #228) At Home in Dry Creek Doctor Right (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #3) A Match Made in Dry Creek Small-Town Brides: A Dry Creek Wedding\A Mule Hollow Match (Dry Creek #15) (Mule Hollow Matchmakers #11)