Start by marking “Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility” as Want to Read:
Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility

Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Dr. Lickona's twelve-point program offers practical strategies designed to create a working coalition of parents, teachers, and communities in the interest of building character into the lives of young people today.
Published September 2nd 2009 by Bantam (first published October 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Educating for Character, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Educating for Character

Shannon Lacovara
For teachers and parents who believe in character education, this is a great read. Even for those who don't advocate character education, this book may begin to change your point of view. I read this book for the first course of my M.Ed. and have continually referred back to it during subsequent courses.
Teresa
This book is insightful and educational on bringing back the teaching of values into the curriculum for all students. As a teacher, I feel that so many of my former students were raised by wolves and lacked character, morals and values. This is not to say that one must teach religion, but rather how to become a responsible, respectful and caring human being. I would rate this book higher, however, the statistics are too dated and need to be revised for the modern, 21st century classroom. I highl ...more
Jaime Contreras
I have found thid book to be an invaluable resource over the years. It is necessary for anyone who wishes to instill those lessons that will help one to operate a high level of integrity and awareness for what is valauble - character. The author illustrates his points though examples and applications.
Betsy
Great resource for teachers concerned with a moral obligation to model and teach character education. Lots of background information, real teacher/classroom examples, application activities, and inspiration.
Lisa Deprey
This is a great resource that has many awesome ideas for integrating character education into our curriculum.
Ratih Soe
Oct 12, 2009 Ratih Soe marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My trainer Winda said it was a good book so I might as well read it (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but I will)
Kristine Turner
Excellent book for ways to create classrooms that teach values and academics as they go hand in hand.
Evalyn
Very good! It explores the need for character education in the schools very well.
Sancheza
I'm using this book to help me write my research paper for English 313.
Azizah
Azizah marked it as to-read
Marla
Marla added it
Watublack
Watublack marked it as to-read
Jae Chia
Jae Chia marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Siti Azisah
Siti Azisah marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
CeCe Yuan
CeCe Yuan marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Vusi Maseko
Vusi Maseko is currently reading it
Oct 25, 2014
Seri Qadijah
Seri Qadijah marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Chiedza
Chiedza marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Celani Moyo
Celani Moyo marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Chaca'shop Maharani
Chaca'shop Maharani marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Suyadi Didik
Suyadi Didik marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Kingkin
Kingkin is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2014
Ayu Dwi
Ayu Dwi marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Fira Soedarsono
Fira Soedarsono marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Character Matters: How to Help Our Children Develop Good Judgment, Integrity, and Other Essential Virtues Raising Good Children: From Birth Through The Teenage Years Smart and Good High Schools Sex, Love, and You: Making the Right Decision Moral Development and Behavior: Theory, Research, and Social Issues