Start by marking “I'll Be Home For Christmas” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Home For Christmas

I'll Be Home For Christmas

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  456 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The perfect holiday surprise is a yuletide treat from the beloved pen of #1"New York Times" bestselling author Fern Michaels. . . Comfort And Joy

Ever since Angie Bradford took over her mother's gift wrap business in the Eagle Department Store, she and handsome store chief Josh Eagle have been at odds. When Josh threatens to give up on the business it's time for a miracle u
Published October 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Home For Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be Home For Christmas

Diana Francis
I bought this book today because I was looking for some romance, some Christmas (Oh, hush, I like sappy Christmas romances, even in October), and I was waiting on my prescription at the Safeway pharmacy and it was going to take me a good 1/2 hour to wait. So I got this book. I'll admit, I only read part of it. The rest I skimmed. Clearly I didn't like it.

There are two main reasons. First, the stories read more like scripts than fiction. I just don't feel the depth of the setting/characters/emot
Julie Failla Earhart
as seen on walrus publishing

I don’t need to remind anyone how hot it has been during the summer of 2012. In order to combat the heat, especially after a night at the MUNY, I raided my bookcase to find a book set in cool location. Christmas always brings thoughts, and hope, of snow, ice, and dropping temperatures.
I settled on an anthology, I’ll Be Home for Christmas, by New York Times bestselling author, Fern Michaels. Between the cover I found four delightfully romantic novellas.
The first, “Merr
This is a collection of (4)short Christmas Stories by Fern Michaels. I've never read any of her books before so this was a new experience. Overall, the stories were pleasant because I'm in the Christmas Spirit and who doesn't like a Holiday story? The writing style in the first two stories was very choppy and was mostly dialogue back and forth which irritated me. The last two stories flowed more smoothly and were cute.
Stephanie Tracy
I always love a good Christmas book, and Fern Michaels really knows how to write fun, inspiring, and romantic Christmas stories! My favorite in this collection is "A Bright Red Ribbon" - I'd actually read it in another book before, but it was just as good the second time around. All four short stories were clever, well-written, and festive. Definitely a fun holiday book to relax with!
The first two stories were good the second one I read in about an hour last night just could not put it down, am getting ready to start the third story
Becky Liscusky-nonnemacher
Fun Christmas stories to get you in the spirit!
My mom gave me this collection of 4 short Xmas stories to read on the 23rd of December. I read it. My mother loved it and would have given it 5*s. It made her cry. I did not love it the way she did.

I noticed that every story has an impossible female who is really annoying but a real hard worker and go-getter who doesn't wear makeup or high heels, loves beer and has a huge appetite, and she is devastatingly beautiful. Each of these all-American girls finds herself first annoyed by an equally anno
This is a four-story Christmas romance collection that will leave you smiling and glad you read it. My two favorites were “Merry, Merry” and “Comfort and Joy.”

In “Merry, Merry,” young single veterinarian Andrea Evans has to sell her practice, such as it is. No one in town comes to the new vet, and she’s being forced to give up property that has been in the family for generations. But not so fast. The buyer, Peter King, a cosmetics mogul, just may have what it takes to change all that.

I guess I l
Always love Fern Michaels ... 4 books in one ...
Comfort And Joy
For Angie Bradford, this holiday season her miracle under the mistletoe arrived gift wrapped in a tall, handsome package called Josh Eagle…

The Christmas Stocking
Focused on the gift of giving, Amy Baran wasn’t expecting anything under the Christmas tree this year. Luckily Gus Moss decided to stop resisting her…

A Bright Red Ribbon
For two years, Morgan Ames has promised to wait for Mr. Right. In a sudden snowstorm, she discovers the joy
I loved the four short stories. They were easy reads. Nothing to brag about, just a filler between more serious reads.
Heather Willson
Cute plots, you just have to get used to the short & fast-paced dialogue & situational development.
This book is made up of 4 stories, something I didn't know when I started or I wouldn't have picked it up. You can't develop very much plot or character in 1/4 of a paperback romance. So I found the 1st story to be so fast paced as to leave me breathless and wondering if the author was on a speed-writing drug when she composed it. I'd give that story 1 star. But when I realized what I was in for I was able to enjoy the remaining stories a little more. I'll have to be even more careful choosing m ...more
There were very few parts of these books that I enjoyed. Not that great at all.
Very good book to read at Christmas time.
Tina Levy
Just enjoyed emptying "The Christmas Stocking" ... Ha!
Finished "Comfort and Joy."
Excellent, in the spirit now!!!
This a book with four different short romantic stories for the holidays. " Merry, Merry," "A Bright Red Ribbon", "The Christmas Stocking", and "Comfort and Joy:. All four are easy reading and the characters are well liked. The women in each story are very independent and certainly head strong. They are very "Fern Michaels". An enjoyable holiday read.
Although there were some spurts of interesting, and the stories in general had good plots, there were few times when I was totally enraptured with what was going on. I usually like Christmas romances, but I just couldn't get into these stories a whole lot. I would not recommend this to anyone, nor would I read it again.
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Reviews
Not a fan of this writing style. Conversations with characters didn't flow well. I would have enjoyed seeing the conversation banter back and forth rather than each characters words being spewed in one paragraph then moving on to the next person the same way. I felt like the characters were on speed or something.
Jen Taylor
The first two stories were dull with choppy dialog. They were not what I usually expect from a Fern Michaels novel. The second two stories were great! Good story lines, good flow of dialog and well done characters. If you get this book do yourself a favor and skip to the third story in the collection.
Love Fern Michaels, love Christmas stories, loved the book.

This anthology has 4 stories, and I thought they got progressively better as I read through the book.

Definitely a good read. I would recommend highly.
It is a collection of 4 short stories....I read the first one all the way through, only because the main character is a vet. Poorly written exchanges between characters, poor story, no plot, very predictable. Didn't see how I would be able to make it through the other 3. Book went to goodwill today.
Yes, these are cheesy Christmas romance stories. But Fern Michaels writes the 4 short stories with humor. I like her contemporary stories with old fashioned values. Christmas is the only time of year I enjoy romance and Ms Michaels writes the best of the best of this genre.
This is a great book to help you enjoy that Christmas spirit. It has 4 different stories and I enjoyed every one of them! That is very unusual for me, because normally I read at least one that I do not care for, but that was not the case with this book.
Nicole Jacob
I've read other Fern Michaels books before...but this is one of the worst.
I was hoping for a fun Christmasy/holiday romance. While the plot was decent, the writing was lacking. I couldn't even get through 3/4 of the book before giving up on it.
This is a collection of 4 romantic stories that revolve around Christmas. They are rather fluffy stories that make enjoyable reading for this time of year. I thought that the stories were better the further you got in the book.
The first two stories weren't very good, the characters were unrealistic in their actions and speech. The last two stories were better, with more realistic characters - someone you could almost imagine being a normal person in real life.
I love the last two stories a lot more, they have a nice flow for short stories. I would have loved the first two but they were all over, although the stories were lovely, wish it had a better flow!
This book was given to me by my next door neighbor... We both love to read and tend to share what we love... Nice easy read with four short stories about finding love at Christmas time...
I have read all these stories before in other volumes. I find I don't care for Fern Michaels' style. I can't place what it is but it gets to me after awhile.
I would give this read an "Allright." The stories had it's moments but overall, a bit too predictable. Not really a fun read.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Valentine Mice!
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • Baby, Let It Snow: I'll Be Home for Christmas\Second Chance Christmas
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Freestyle with Avery
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Frog, Where Are You?
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)