Start by marking “Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau, #6)” as Want to Read:
Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau, #6)

Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  17,604 Ratings  ·  459 Reviews
Lucian Argeneau may be a vampire, but he's also a bit of a grump. Hundreds of years spent hunting rogue immortals will do that to a man. The last thing he expects is to find a reluctant vampire who's having a bit of a tough time adjusting to her new life. Lucian hasn't had to interact with a woman this closely for thousands of years.
Published February 1st 2011 by Gollancz (first published January 30th 2007)

Jilly
One of my very favorite things in books is when something or someone not human is trying to "human". If it's written correctly, it will always be funny and endearing. This story did a good job with it. Lucian is over 2,000 years old and really has no idea. He lost his humanity so long ago that he doesn't even know it's gone. Well... doesn't care. If not giving a shit was money, he'd be a billionaire. Wait, that's not my favorite analogy. Money is fine, but still. Okay, if not giving a shit was c ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This story centres on Lucian, the twin brother of Jean-Claude, Marguerite's deceased husband (making Lucian the uncle of Lucern etc.). He's one of the "original" immortals, and has lived for over two thousand years. He's on the Council and hunts down rogue vampires. It's while he's on the hunt for another ancient vampire, Morgan, who has started his own "nest", that he encounters Leigh. Morgan has just turned her but she hasn't yet gone through the painful process when Lucian grudgingly rescues ...more
1000 +
Nov 06, 2011 1000 + rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've read through the first 5 books of this Series then you know that Lucian is.. well.. a grump to say the least. He is one of the oldest immortals and he is hanging on by a thread from turning Rogue like so many before him.

Lucian is out hunting, hunting rogue vampires that is, when Leigh is thrown into his lap. Leigh is a bar owner who just happens to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time and has hired the wrong type of employees.

The combination of the two is just incredibly funny. L
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I am a fan of Lynsay Sands and an even bigger fan of her Argeneau series! This book in particular had me laughing out loud. Lucian is such a tough guy but to see his character being completely lost with how to perform simple everyday tasks was endearing. There is not a lot of action to this story as it is most focused on the relationship between Lucian and Leigh. As far as a PNR goes this is a very sweet, romantic, and funny story. I highly recommend.
Kinga
Jan 22, 2016 Kinga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Lucian and Leigh as a couple. One, because Lucian turned out to be the marshmallow Rachell called him, of course after trying to dump the poor woman on everyone he could get his hands on. Two, Leigh wasn't the snippy crying woman you'd expect a newly turned and almost rogue vampire to be. As she is always described, she was he peaceful self all along. And perhaps that's what makes her perfect for Lucian. Him being the enforcer and oldest and cruelst, he needs a little peace and smiles and ...more
Crystal De Los Santos
Feb 06, 2009 Crystal De Los Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL MY FRIENDS
Recommended to Crystal by: Robin
Shelves: lynsay-sands
Irealy enjoyed this book!!!! it was funny and Lucian became my favorite male character..... he is so protective of his family and you'll find out why... Since he is an older vamp he is able to block his thoughts but when he meets his lifemate he lets loose and the family attacks his thougths TOO FUNNY... I WOULD READY THIS AGAIN
Cathy
Another consistent entry in the series, an enjoyable vampire romance with lots of humor and good characters. All of her books in this series seem the same, following a proven formula.
Jacqueline
May 08, 2010 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I've read the entire Argeneau series but this is the first one I read and my favorite. I'm not real fond of vampire stories usually but the vampires here are not the undead kind so okay.

Another reason I went ahead and read it the first time is that it starts out in the Kansas City area where I live. Even though the KC geography is pretty wonky and full of mistakes it still gives me an affection for the book. For example if you just say Kansas City then you mean Kansas City, Missouri not Kansas
Dianne
Apr 05, 2012 Dianne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this book was not my favorite book of the series I found that if you can manage to make it past about 10 or 15% of the book it does quickly redeem itself. I did love seeing the uber strict and straight as an arrow, Immortal Enforcer Lucian, get his comeuppance when he meets his second life mate and he has to help her while she makes the change.

It was a good story but as I said the first part was a bit boring in that it was all about Leighs change and how it affected Lucian.

The rest of the
Jess
Dec 14, 2014 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was the Argeneau book I was waiting for! Lucian is my absolute favorite of the Argeneau family. Certainly there is a level of trepidation going into a book when it's centered on your favorite character. Questions like, will the author do it justice, will I love it, what if I hate it, run through your mind before you read it. Well this book taught me very quickly to shut my mind up and trust in Lynsay Sands because damn can she write. She gives Lucian the precisely the partner his character ...more
Fatima Miranda
Oct 31, 2014 Fatima Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so fun and it makes you laugh yet fast paced
Lana
Feb 28, 2015 Lana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Lucian!
Samantha Tolleson
Nov 22, 2009 Samantha Tolleson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans, Urban Fantasy fans, Fantasy fans, Erotica fans
Recommended to Samantha by: Goodreads
 photo 131335074302_zpsc904fcc3.jpg

This book and I are not getting off to a very good start. I am increasingly more and more angry the further I'm getting into this series. Some of the awkward moments are a little funny, but there isn't much differentiation between the couples. The main scheme is just so recycled between many paranormal romance series.
Tara
When you read the books in this series, there are no great surprises, but they do offer and light hearted pnr story. In this story Lucian Argeneau meets his match in a bar owner from Kansas. The whole family gets involved to get him his HEA. Except Marguerite who is surprising absent, but in her one cameo does manage to try to play matchmaker over the phone... she just can't help herself. There was no follow up with Vincent and Jackie, but maybe in the next one. And Bastien and Terri are still p ...more
Caro
Sep 06, 2011 Caro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sands-lynsay
A super great read. I loved the characters and the dialog in this book. There was plenty to shock, laugh at, hold your breath, snicker, and sigh. Another great Argeneau book that draws you in and doesn't let go. I definitely lost track of time and was reading until the first rays of dawn and ready for more when it ended. This had plenty of humor, some suspense, strength, courage, great scenes and personalities, and a good HEA. I really enjoyed reading this and the situations that Lucian (of all ...more
Nichole (Dirrty H)
No joke - I read the first two chapters to get a feel for who the characters were and what the story was, then flipped to the end and read the last 5 or 6 chapters to get the resolution. I read nothing in between, and didn't feel like I'd missed a thing.

These books are really fluffy and predictable. If you like your books a little lighter and more on the fun/funny side (think chick-lit with vampires), then these books are for you. But I prefer something a little darker, with a bit more substance
Tabitha Murray
Mar 10, 2008 Tabitha Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes,yes I know it's one of 'those' books but it was really good and it really was good at keeping me waiting nervously and anxiously,I could almost feel what the characters had felt except for at 'those' points....I'm not one for 'that' genre but it was a vampire book and it was really good.My friend Jen recommended it too me so I think you may enjoy it as well.
Nikki
Jul 18, 2015 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
Oh dear Lord.. It was so funny!!! I was chuckling every few pages! I love grouchy Lucian. He's hilarious! I think grouchy men have the best one liners... LOL!

The best part was at the end of chapter 19... The part where Leigh was talking to Lucian's penis.. Too funny!!!
Stephanie
Dec 13, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, ebook
The best of the series by far!

Lucian was not the vamp that Sands leads you to believe he is in the beginning of the series. This book is a little more serious then the rest of them. I liked it more for that reason, so apparently I don't like campy vamp books....
Megan
My favorite from Lynsay Sands' vampire romance series. I just loved the hero! A vampire who is REALLY old, never thought that he'd find love, let alone with a pretty newly turned vamp!
Adaiah
Mar 30, 2017 Adaiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I adore, Lucian Argeneau, hunter of rogue vampires, and his abrasive personality. Lucian lost his lifemate, and daughters when the destruction of Atlantis happen. A thousand, and more years later, Lucian get's a second chance at love, and having a modern day lifemate. It was so nice to see Lucian, and Liv find there way to each other.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
OMG I couldn't put this book down. I had stop stop practically everything else so I could read this.
The book consumed me!!!! Then again most of the books in this series are awesome
Man Lucian really was a hard ass. I have been reading this series all out of order. So I loved being able to go back and see the "old" Lucian.
I just can't say enough good things about this book
Fangs for the Fantasy
Leigh is walking home after closing down her bar when she is approached by a friend who she thought was missing. Unfortunately, he is not alone and brings his vampire sire with him. Donny's big plan is for Leigh to be turned by his sire so that the two of them can be together forever. Thankfully for Leigh, Lucian, one of the oldest vampires has been hunting down Morgan on behalf of the vampire council. He and his crew manage to save Leigh but Morgan escapes.

Lucian has always been the grumpy old
Blodeuedd Finland
My thoughts:

Another good and light Argeneau vampire novel. I truly like that about this series. And once again, this one can easily be read as a standalone novel. I have only read 3 out of 6, but it works. There is a new couple in each, and the whole vampire thing is explained to the newbies. Trust me on this.

In this one a woman, Leigh is out walking and gets attacked. Luckily for her Lucian comes to the rescue as he is hunting down her attacker. Since she is bitten he explains things to her *co
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Yes, I'm finally warming up to the series!

Description:

The "New York Times" bestselling author of "A Quick Bite" and "A Bite to Remember" continues her popular vampire series starring the Argeneau family. RClever, steamy, deliciously wicked.S--Kate MacAlister. Original.

One minute Leigh is walking home in the early hours of the morning, and the next a vampire is sinking his teeth into her neck. Turns out it was a rogue vampire marked for termination, but it does Leigh little good because the damag
Inara
I was really looking forward to read the story of Lucian Argeneau and how he found his lifemate but I admit – I was a bit disappointed. Lucian is very old, arrogant and the protection of his people has always priority in his life. So first I wasnt really impressed, even a bit annoyed with his description (wearing an apron, cleaning and scrubbing the floor – sorry not MY imagination of a council enforcer). Leigh, his love interest was turned against her will and because Lucian and his team rescue ...more
Megan
Aug 04, 2016 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 -4 stars.. Okay so I actually liked this book. It's no secret that I have not been a huge fan of the Argeneau family. But this one was actually pretty good.

y whole problem with this series is that I feel like the author tries to hard to make funny situations. They just come off as awkward and there were a few moments in this book that made me cringe and think theres no way in hell this would ever happen but it wasn't the whole book so I can forgive it.

I also liked Lucian and Leigh. I think
CC
Sep 16, 2015 CC rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me, pnr, series
3-3.5 stars

This is my first book by this author. Plus it is the 6th book in the series. I did not feel like I missed a lot by not reading the prior books.

The book was funny, but at times I felt it was trying too hard to be funny and sacrificing the character traits of the Hero (especially) in that effort. Making him at times appear to be a bumbling idiot when he was really supposed to be some badass vampire hunter.

Overall it was enjoyable enough that I am going to try another later book in the
Emily
All Leigh wanted to do after a long night at work was crawl into bed, but when she is attacked and turned into a Vampire. Lucian Argeneau, a hunter has been after the vampire rogue has just captured another victim. Lucian offers protection and training for Leigh, as long as he can unload her on someone else. Over two thousand years old, Lucian has no zest for the life he has given, instead he often makes life difficult for others. When Lucian discovers that Leigh is his lifemate he is thrown off ...more
  • The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, #4)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones #2)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)
  • Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart #4)
  • You're So Vein (The Others, #14)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)

“What is it?”
Leigh glanced up with uncertainty, then back to his groin with a sort of horrified fascination. “Well, um… is there something about immortals you haven’t told me?”
“What? What do you mean?” he asked with bewilderment.
Leigh shook her head, then leaned forward and said “Hello?” to his groin, only to stiffen again and jerk back as if it had hissed at her.
“Are you talking to my penis?” Lucian asked with disbelief.
“It talked to me first,” she said defensively, and frowned. “You didn’t mention this little skill.”
Lucian decided she must be joking and laughed. “So, what did it say?”
“It said, ‘Lucian? Lucian, are you there?’” He blinked.
“Why would it say that?”
“I don’t know. It’s your penis.”
That’s when he recalled the cell phone in his pocket. A laugh bursting from his lips, Lucian reached in his pocket to retrieve the phone.”
40 likes
“I made you something to eat if you’re hungry.”
Leigh peered at the steaming pile on the plate on the tray, then asked uncertainly. “What is it?”
“Prime cuts in gravy.”
“Prime cuts in gravy?” she echoed slowly. “Did you cook it?”
"I opened the can and heated it up in the microwave for one minute. Someone named Alpo cooked it.”
Leigh stiffened, her head shooting up, eyes wide with disbelief. “Alpo?”
He shrugged. “That’s what the can said.”
Leigh shook her head with bewilderment. “You can use a microwave, but not a phone, and don’t know that Alpo isn’t the chef, but the brand name for dog food?” There was something seriously wrong here.”
21 likes