Start by marking “Hearts Afire: January” as Want to Read:
Hearts Afire: January

Hearts Afire: January (Hearts Afire #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  142 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
"Ignite" – By Bonnie Dee

Fireman. Firestarter. When the two come together, their world ignites!

Pete Santori is a New York City fireman who is committed to his job and doesn’t take any time for personal relationships. That all changes one night when he saves a man from a fire that the victim appears to have started. As the man in his arms makes a confession, a strange connec
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts Afire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts Afire

Alina
Nov 08, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a big fan of paranormal stories and that's why I kept putting off readidng it and man - how stupid it's been!

Both stories are awesome! Ignite! - the paranormal one - was real beautiful! I loved how at first Alan appeared as a mistery and then we see how vulnerable and alone he is, how human, depite his abilty. And Pete's loyal and brave and just a good guy :) Great story and personally I liked it's relatively short, I think it's tight and solid, absolutely not rushed and with a satisfyi
Elisa Rolle
I like both authors in this anthology, so it's not a surprise that I liked the anthology too. It's a good example of hot wo pair two authors to make happy the reader with both of them.

Ignite by Bonnie Dee: Bonnie Dee is one of the few author I read also when she is writing het romance, but, as you can imagine, I prefer her when she writes M/M. Pete Santori is a firefighter and he should hate everything, or everyone causes a fire, but he seems unable to hate Alan. Alan is a firestarter, a man abl
Marlobo

2,5 stars

Ignite byBonnie Dee - 2.5 stars

Where The Devil Dances byT.A. Chase - 2,5 stars
Stacey Jo
This is an anthology of sorts. It has two stories about firemen. The first is a paranormal story called Ignite by Bonnie Dee and the second is called Where the Devil Dances by T.A. Chase. Both stories are phenominal!

In Ignite, Pete, a fireman saves a mysterious young man from a fire who claims he is a firestarter and is the source of the fire. Pete is drawn to the guy and goes back to the hospital to seek him out and ends up rescuing the guy, Alan. He soon learns about Alan's past which is a pre
Erotic Horizon
Jun 11, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IGNITE by Bonnie Dee
Finding out that the man whom you have just saved from been burnt to a crisp may have started the fire in the first place is not what New York City fireman Pete Santori wanted to know. However something about the vulnerability of the man lures Pete into checking up on him in the hospital and he ends up giving him more than bed side assistance.

Firestarter, and not arsonist, Alan Delaine, has just gotten his first taste of freedom, but it all seems to be going wrong. Unable to
Kassa
Aug 15, 2009 Kassa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In Ignite by Bonnie Dee, Pete Santori has his world turned upside down when he rescues Alan Delaine from a burning building but Alan confesses that not only did he set the fire, he also doesn’t want to be saved. Alan was trying to kill himself. Pete feels an undeniable connection with the disturbed young man and against his better judgment, just can’t stay away. This leads them both on a bit of an action packed adventure.

Alan was young when he discovered his fire starting talent and he had no id
Brenda (b)
Jul 25, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2-read-2009, 1-ebooks
This ebook has 2 short stories. The first is "Ignite" by Bonnie Dee. I thought it was pretty good for a short story. I learned a lot about the characters and liked them. This was a story of instant attraction. Pete accepted Alan's unusual abilities very easily, but it's fiction so all things are possible, right? The ending is definitely a HFN (happy for now).

T.A. Chase wrote the second story, "Where the Devil Dances". I loved this one. David and Eric were wonderful characters and while their rel
Katrina Passick Lumsden
The Bonnie Dee story was enjoyable enough, but the characters in the T.A. Chase story were so stupid, they gave me a headache.
Wicked
Jul 31, 2015 Wicked rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is sort of difficult to rate as a whole. The first story 2.5 although I do think if it would have been longer it had potential. The second story was 3.5 and kept me on edge. Overall enjoyable.
Ana
Jul 22, 2013 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jen
Had some good ideas in it, but the dialogue left much to be desired. The two main characters sounded alike and more like a woman narrating it as opposed to two men living it. The end was a bit too sappy for me. I actually skimmed past the entire last sex scene as I was ready to be done with it.
Meggie
Overall, the way this story began, I liked it. Alan was mysterious, crazy guy. But after the first fire, the way this story developed it simply didn't make sense. Every action felt rushed and undeveloped. I couldn't connect with them. Anyway, there are to many holes in this novella.
Gwengwel
"Ignite" – By Bonnie Dee
3 stars.
Easy read, ending simplistic. Love Alan.
(Paranormal, First Time)

"Where The Devil Dances" – By T.A. Chase
4 stars.
Not what I expected and sometime it's not a bad thing!
(Put architect on my The-Art shelve)
Kelsey
Sep 25, 2009 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I read Bonnie Dee's story and I enjoyed it. A great short piece for when you don't have time for a full length novel.
Serena Yates
Jan 03, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Where the Devil Dances, T.A. Chase: 4 stars

Ignite, Bonnie Dee: 4.5 stars
Christa
Christa marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Skm
Skm added it
May 05, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Mar 09, 2016
Elina Heikkinen
Elina Heikkinen marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Ain
Ain marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Alicia J
Alicia J marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Jamie's Sassenach
Jamie's Sassenach marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Marija
Marija rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
A
A marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • To Serve and Protect (includes: Firefighters, #4)
  • Fabulous Brits
  • Burnin' for You (Burnin' for You, #1)
  • On Fire II: Still Burning (On Fire, #2)
  • Hell Cop
  • Cheek to Cheek (911, #2)
  • Two In Two Out (Hero, #2)
  • His Hero Anthology
  • A Brush of Wings
  • Code Blue (EMS Heat, #5)
  • Blue Fire
  • Reflections of Love
  • The Other Man
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • The Sight of Home
  • Here Be Dragons (Dragons, #1)
  • Cowboy Up
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

I enjoy dabbling in many genres. Whether you're a fan of contemporary historical or fantasy romance, you'll find something to enjoy among my books. I'm interested in flawed, often dama
More about Bonnie Dee...

Hearts Afire (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hearts Afire: February