A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)

A Taste of Twilight (Crimson Carousel #1)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Crimson Carousel, Book One

When a string of apparent suicides leads Jessie Curtis to a famous rock band, she's convinced nothing can shock her anymore. Then she comes face-to-face with Rafe Steele, the enigmatic lead singer and centuries-old vampire. He's darkly charismatic and sensually compelling in a way almost impossible to resist.

Rafe is infuriated when an old enemy's...more
Published (first published 2009)

Nikki Wilde
This was a freebee on Amazon when I got this and I know that Ellora's Cave is for erotica. So I knew what to expect when reading this one. Lots of erotica with a bit of story thrown in for good posture. I don't mind that sort of story at all. I thought this was really good and lived up to my expectations.

This is the first book in a series so I realized they had to get through a lot of explanation so that we would have an idea of what was happening.

Jessie is fiercely loyal to her one time lover a...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Interesting short story about a Vampire Rocker. We don't really get much of the rocker side of this vampire. We're only at one concert and don't interact with his band members much or his groupies.

Jessie has the "gift of sight" and uses it to help solve cases. She's led to Rafe and his rock band based on a series of "suicides".

Rafe and jessie embark on an adventure to stop the "suicide" which are really homicides.

Aubrey Rose brings a slightly new element to vampires in this novel. They don't onl...more
Michele Crimson
Erotic fiction and the erotic part was decent but could have been better. The story was great in theory but the author seemed to have rushed to get to the end which left out a lot of material. Was a quick read but I would have enjoyed it much better if it had been longer with more plot and character development. I tend to like my sex scenes with a little more substance.
Amanda Callender
This was a kindle freebie and a very fast read for me. Great storyline, very unique. First adult vampire book ive read... lots and lots of crazy sex lol. Also, was very fast paced. I thought the ending was too rushed but overall this was a smutty, but good, read.
Micheale
Thankful I did not pay for this. Was not the worst I have read. The story was fine until the addition of two other characters toward the end. Gratuitous sex and a tidy ending is what made this not so great for me.
Kbee
Good modern day vamps romance.
Musician vamp band with murders to solve.
Another way of how vamps came to be with the jealous couple who seek revenge on the father and his protegé.
Mya A.
OK this book was a little boring at times but I still liked it. to me its kinda like any vampire book. If you want a plain or good vampire book then this is it.
Kelli Scott
This had is all...vampires...rock stars...psychics. The sex was too hot to handle.
Diane
a kindle freebie from EC with vampires in a rock band involved in murder
Kath
3stars only because it's a short story, very erotic, and interesting storyline
Christine Hayes
Was good,want to read more by this author.
SandraE
Not a good story at all.
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Linda Cullen
Linda Cullen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Sarah Stone
Sarah Stone marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Jeana
Jeana marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers, #1)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Private Property (Hauberk Protection, #1)
  • 'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1)
  • His Bare Obsession (Bare Love, #1)
  • Alcandian Quest (Alcandians, #1)
  • All In (Be-Wished, #1)
  • The Wishing Hour
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Be My Vampire Tonight (Darklander Lovers, #1)
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
Award-winning author Aubrey Ross writes an eclectic assortment of erotic fiction. From power struggles between futuristic clans, to adventurous Mystic Keepers, her stories are filled with passion and imagination. Some of her recent awards include an EPPIE finalist, two Passionate Plume finalists, and a CAPA Nomination from The Romance Studio.

With a pampered cat curled on the corner of her desk, Au...more
More about Aubrey Ross...
Untamed Hunger (Alpha Colony, #1) Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1) Pirate's Price United Passion (Alpha Colony, #2) Unwanted Desire (Alpha Colony, #3)