Start by marking “Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)” as Want to Read:
Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)

Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  626 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Clymene O'Riley is in prison for killing her husband-though Diane Fallon is sure she killed another, and suspects she may have left a veritable graveyard of dead men in her wake. Either way, Diane was happy to help put her behind bars. So when Clymene informs her that one of the prison guards may be in danger from a serial killer, Diane is suspicious.

And when Clymene esc
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Hunt

Elvan
Another fun read dealing with stolen Egyptian antiquities and some fairly complex revenge attacks. It was nice to see the new DNA lab put to use so effectively. I continue to enjoy the witty dialogue, the forensics and the strong characters in Connor's novels. They get into sometimes unbelievable situations but she carries the reader with her intricate plots. Good stuff.
Bigd_041555
Great read - twists and turns and lots of red herrings tossed in for good measure. A couple of intertwining cases involving the museum. A lot of angst in this book and lots of forensics to keep your mind reeling! Just exactly who is behind all the goings on?

2 thumbs up and 5 stars
Denise
4.0 out of 5 stars Multifaceted mystery keeps the reader turning the pages..., August 3, 2009

This review is from: Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, No. 5) (Paperback)
This fifth in the series is another entertaining and educational read. The author, pedigreed herself, has written a character who is smart and spunky. Diane Fallon is the director of a museum of natural history (RiverTrail) and also heads another division housed in the same large building - a crime lab that has everyt
Gail
Diane Fallon is the director of the museum in a small town in Georgia. In addition, she's the director of the crime lab, housed at the museum. She administers both with knowledge, understanding, and expertise; to me she is too much the perfect, flawless administrator. Yes she works very hard but also seems to make no mistake.

Nevertheless, her exertise and knowledge and ability to work the politics and with various law enforcement makes for really great suspense stories.

In this book, she's asked
Baoyi
Diane Fallon once again brings us through her life as museum director and forensic anthropologist. Dead Hunt is one exciting thriller, that's for sure. The intricate plot-weaving by Clymene O' Riley - Iris - is almost genius. It's not that the sibling plot hasn't been used before, but Beverly Connor really knows how to build up the suspense and blow the readers' minds even before the Big Reveal. Her sub plots also complicate matters because they usually don't form part of the big conspiracy even ...more
Trina
Mary
Although the number of crimes in the area and violent attacks on the main character is totally unrealistic, this series of books is very addictive and compelling. Great storytelling.
Jane
Connors excels at setting up nice twisty plots. Sometimes, as in this book, the twisty plots don't always get as fully resolved as I'd like. With so much going on, she sometimes loses or drops one of the story threads and I'm left scratching my head a little.

That being said, Diane Fallon is a hugely competent heroine and I appreciate that. She runs a Natural History Museum as well as a crime lab, and as strange as the mis sounds, it works well to diversify the mysteries from book to book. Good e
Samantha
Another excellent instalment in the Diane Fallon series I find them ridiculous but gripping reads, this one has a particularly high body count and I'm amazed she is still alive after the number of times she has been attacked. Kept me guessing the whole way through and I'm not sure at the end that I got it properly sorted in my head with the number of different Clymenes there were and who did what!
Anne
Awesome, new author and I love her!
April
I liked this installment in the series, but I thought it was a bit brief. I would have liked to have explored the storylines and history of the triplets a bit more. As with all the other books in this series, I was not able to put this down. I like how the story keeps you guessing, although for the first time I had one of the mysteries figured out before it was revealed in the book.
Shirley
Beverly Connor always packs a lot into her books, and this one is no exception. Full of interesting forensic information in addition to a good picture of what the daily life of a museum involves. Plus the mystery plot itself is always exceptional. In this book the "thrills" just kept coming. Not sure how one woman survives all she does in such a short space of time, however!
Nicole
This book was not what i was expecting, its so different from the others so far, which is a nice addition. The inclusion of the affair involving Kendal was a wonderful twist, the murders had all to some degree been similar and this case was very refreshing. It is starting to get redundant how often Diane is attacked at her own museum, but still hilarious nonetheless.
Ivy
This is the first book I have read by this author. I found it a little confusing because I didn't know the past history but for the most part was a good book. Once I got past the history I was able to get into the book and enjoy the story.
Phillipa
Okay, I think this has been my absolute best book in the series so far. I mean, aside from the happens-every-time attack on Diane Fallon, which is getting beyond predictable and is well into the realm of ridiculous now.
Beth
The plot twists in this were interesting -- a convicted serial killer who escapes, blood (lots of it) and no body, Egyptian antiquities. I am amazed at the way Connor can tie everything together!
Jen Shapiro
I like the Diane Fallon forensic mysteries. This one was a quick read with a lot going on. There were a few too many attacks on poor Diane, but overall a good (not great) book.
Brenda Kirton
Good plot. As usual I love the main character. It is great the way supporting members are slowly being added to her team. Very challenging escapee
Kay Childs
I really enjoy forensic novels and Beverly Connor writes a good one. This is the 5th book she has written and each one is different and interesting.
Tracy
This one was a little slower than her other books, but I liked the twists and turns we took with Clymene. Highly recommend Beverly Connor!
Clare
Even though I have read this before I couldn't remember the plot so I thoughly enjoyed it for the second time.
David
Love the juxtaposition of Crime Lab and Museum. Poor Diane doesn't get much time to sleep but the story is very pacy.
Ashley
Loved the latest installment, the black widow character she is dealing with is really intriguing as well.
Forensics mystery with lots of twists and turns. Quick read.
Kathryn
I have thoroughly enjoyed everything Beverly Connor has written.
Michele bookloverforever
another suspense/mystery in the diane fallon seies.
Ricardo
It was okay. Not a bad book but not something memorable
Digitaldolf
A real page turner with interesting story lines.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
  • Nothing Gold Can Stay (Liam Campbell, #3)
  • More Bitter than Death (An Emma Fielding Mystery #5)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2)
  • Sympathy Between Humans (Sarah Pribek #2)
  • While Galileo Preys (Esme Stuart #1)
  • Hades
  • 2 in the Hat
  • Evanly Bodies (Constable Evans, #10)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet
  • The Bone Yard (Body Farm, #6)
  • The Devil's Closet
  • Bamboo and Blood (Inspector O, #3)
  • Brunswick Gardens (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #18)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Private Sector (Sean Drummond, #4)
  • Mortal Evidence: The Forensics Behind Nine Shocking Cases
I'm Beverly Connor and I love archaeology. I worked in Georgia and South Carolina as an archaeologist doing both fieldwork and analyzing artifacts. I also love mysteries. I combined these two loves and now write mysteries in which I weave my professional experience as an archaeologist into stories of murder and intrigue in both my Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation series and Lindsay Chamberlain ...more
More about Beverly Connor...

Diane Fallon (9 books)
  • One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1)
  • Dead Guilty (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #2)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4)
  • Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)
  • Dust to Dust (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #7)
  • The Night Killer (Diane Fallon, #8)
  • One Grave Less (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #9)
One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1) Dead Guilty (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #2) Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3) Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4) Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)

“I don't think we should have a dinosaur that poops kids.” 2 likes