Start by marking “Knit. Sock. Love.” as Want to Read:
Knit. Sock. Love.

Knit. Sock. Love.

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  181 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Published February 1st 2011 by One Leg (first published November 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Knit. Sock. Love., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit. Sock. Love.

Ann
Dec 21, 2010 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
I think the patterns in this book are even more gorgeous than in 'Sock Innovation.' As technically amazing as those were, I think these seem a lot less overworked and more wearable.

Can't wait to cast on a pair.
K Elizabeth
Mar 30, 2014 K Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I have been knitting about 6 years, and am relatively new to sock knitting (meaning I have knit 2 pairs of socks before this book, both were 2 at a time toe up). I found these patterns easy to understand and very beautiful for the level of simplicity. I like the way the heel is worked, and the socks have a good fit.

I have decided I enjoy this more than that 2 at a time toe up socks, I think these fit better and the patterns were so easy I found it relaxing. I have about 5 sock books but this is
Jackie Fowler
Apr 11, 2011 Jackie Fowler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
When it comes to knitting pattern books, I'm not sure what you would consider as "read." I've made a few socks from this book and have thoroughly viewed those patterns that I've not yet made. Such a fantastic sock knitting book - one that every sock knitter should own! Everyone already knows what a great designer Cookie A is, and on her reputation alone, I would blindly purchase this book. Sock Innovation, her first book, regards the mechanics behind pattern and chart design of socks. This secon ...more
Michelle
Mar 17, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: arty-crafty
Truly beautiful knitting. I can see how it looks highly intimidating, though.
Shannon
Aug 19, 2015 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
These patterns are so gorgeous! I can't wait to try them out!
Carolyn
Jun 03, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
Absolutely gorgeous sock patterns !
Stefanie
May 27, 2012 Stefanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting-books
When I saw the cover of Cookie's book, I so wanted a copy! Then I got blessed w/an Amazon gc which I used immediately. I love the way every FO was staged. I would never have thought to photograph socks that way.

I've only knitted Monkey Socks but these were the first, lace socks I have ever knitted. I have gotten lots of compliments on them.

The patterns of Cookie's socks look so amazing. Her creativity is off the charts in this arena.
Kristine
Feb 12, 2011 Kristine added it
Shelves: knitting
there are some cool stitches in the Marilinda. I want to make a pair of Monkeys, there's a toe-up variation on my queue. the diagonal chapter has cool concepts, pointelle is really neat. I wish she would design some toe-ups! some of the pics are a little dark.
Chris
Jan 01, 2012 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: art-design
As with Sock Innovation:
Beautiful designs, but most aren't in a gauge I ever get in a sock yarn nor are most of them sized for my feet (or easily adjusted to my foot size based on my gauge).
Kate
Aug 21, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Great patterns, and very nice to see four people I know (including my cousin-in-law!) as test knitters. The only thing holding me back from the five star review is the intimidation factor!
Heather
Mar 15, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sock knitters!
Shelves: knitting
LOVE Cookie A's work and this is no exception. Lovely complex pieces. Currently in the middle of Wedge, for the hubby, and Gothic Spires, for me. Enjoying the expanded directions and sizes, too.
Michelle
Jan 29, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok
Gorgeous patterns, but some were published long ago and are available online for free. I definitely prefer the first book.
Anne
Apr 05, 2011 Anne rated it it was amazing
Again, I love it. I struggle with some of her patterns, but they are great! Does anyone ever finish with a pattern book?
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 18, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Knitty
Shelves: non-fiction, knitting
Recommended by
Knitty emagazine

thistle
(Yes, I read knitting books randomly without knitting the contents--though I do mean to do so eventually.)
Kristie
Dec 04, 2010 Kristie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting, own
Another fantastic book from cookie a. Great projects vivid detail and gorgeous photography!
Sue
Dec 31, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
Socks to make you drool. Too complicated for this knitter, but inspiring anyway.
Meredith Neal
Aug 25, 2011 Meredith Neal rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, 2011-reads
Beautiful and so creative! I can't wait to knit ALL of them...
Debbie Brown
Debbie Brown rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Lene Jaqua
Lene Jaqua marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Thorn
Thorn marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Vicki Matthews
Vicki Matthews marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Josiah Bain
Josiah Bain rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
VJ
VJ marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Lynnell
Lynnell marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
HyoSook Oliver
HyoSook Oliver marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Kelle Giese
Kelle Giese marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Anita Themer
Anita Themer rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Knitted Lace of Estonia
  • Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn
  • Vogue® Knitting The Ultimate Sock Book: History*Technique*Design
  • New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One
  • Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • Victorian Lace Today
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • Aran Knitting: New and Expanded Edition
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • The Knitter's Life List: To Do, To Know, To Explore, To Make
  • More Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock