Knit. Sock. Love.

Knit. Sock. Love.

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published November 25th 2010 by One Leg Press

Ann
I think the patterns in this book are even more gorgeous than in 'Sock Innovation.' As technically amazing as those were, I think these seem a lot less overworked and more wearable.

Can't wait to cast on a pair.
K Elizabeth
I have been knitting about 6 years, and am relatively new to sock knitting (meaning I have knit 2 pairs of socks before this book, both were 2 at a time toe up). I found these patterns easy to understand and very beautiful for the level of simplicity. I like the way the heel is worked, and the socks have a good fit.

I have decided I enjoy this more than that 2 at a time toe up socks, I think these fit better and the patterns were so easy I found it relaxing. I have about 5 sock books but this is...more
Jackie Fowler
When it comes to knitting pattern books, I'm not sure what you would consider as "read." I've made a few socks from this book and have thoroughly viewed those patterns that I've not yet made. Such a fantastic sock knitting book - one that every sock knitter should own! Everyone already knows what a great designer Cookie A is, and on her reputation alone, I would blindly purchase this book. Sock Innovation, her first book, regards the mechanics behind pattern and chart design of socks. This secon...more
Michelle
Truly beautiful knitting. I can see how it looks highly intimidating, though.
Kepanie
When I saw the cover of Cookie's book, I so wanted a copy! Then I got blessed w/an Amazon gc which I used immediately. I love the way every FO was staged. I would never have thought to photograph socks that way.

I've only knitted Monkey Socks but these were the first, lace socks I have ever knitted. I have gotten lots of compliments on them.

The patterns of Cookie's socks look so amazing. Her creativity is off the charts in this arena.
Kristine
Feb 12, 2011 Kristine added it
Shelves: knitting
there are some cool stitches in the Marilinda. I want to make a pair of Monkeys, there's a toe-up variation on my queue. the diagonal chapter has cool concepts, pointelle is really neat. I wish she would design some toe-ups! some of the pics are a little dark.
Chris
As with Sock Innovation:
Beautiful designs, but most aren't in a gauge I ever get in a sock yarn nor are most of them sized for my feet (or easily adjusted to my foot size based on my gauge).
Kate
Great patterns, and very nice to see four people I know (including my cousin-in-law!) as test knitters. The only thing holding me back from the five star review is the intimidation factor!
Heather
Mar 15, 2011 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sock knitters!
Shelves: knitting
LOVE Cookie A's work and this is no exception. Lovely complex pieces. Currently in the middle of Wedge, for the hubby, and Gothic Spires, for me. Enjoying the expanded directions and sizes, too.
Michelle
Gorgeous patterns, but some were published long ago and are available online for free. I definitely prefer the first book.
Anne
Again, I love it. I struggle with some of her patterns, but they are great! Does anyone ever finish with a pattern book?
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 18, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* marked it as to-read
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Knitty
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
Recommended by
Knitty emagazine

thistle
(Yes, I read knitting books randomly without knitting the contents--though I do mean to do so eventually.)
Kristie
Another fantastic book from cookie a. Great projects vivid detail and gorgeous photography!
Sue
Socks to make you drool. Too complicated for this knitter, but inspiring anyway.
Meredith Bric
Beautiful and so creative! I can't wait to knit ALL of them...
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014