Start by marking “Sunrise” as Want to Read:
Sunrise

Sunrise (Stargate SG-1 #17)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When a Stargate malfunction throws Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Lt. Colonel Sam Carter, and Teal'c back in time, they only have minutes to live.

But their rescue, by an unlikely duo - Major General Jack O'Neill and Vala Mal Doran - is only the beginning of their problems. Ordered to rescue an Asgard also marooned in 1947, SG-1 find themselves at
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 16th 2011 by Fandemonium Books (first published October 16th 2010)

Ashley
This really . . . was not a great book. It had its moments (mostly in the exploration of the consequences from the fourth season episode "Beneath the Surface", consequences being something Stargate SG-1 wasn't normally interested in). But mostly I just wanted an SG-1 fix, I realized there were in-universe novels, and my library system only had this one and another to check out. So I did. NO REGRETS.
Kati
3.5 stars. An interesting premise but towards the end, the story started to drag. I loved that they showed the consequences of one of the common episode plots, something we haven't see on the show itself. And I also didn't notice any canon mistakes - that's a thing that really turns me off in tie-in novels, when the writers get basic canon facts wrong. What I liked best about the book was how much the team cared about each other and how in-character they all were, no OOC behavior. More books lik ...more
Johnny Martin
Nice to have a story with roots in Celtic mythology but I was hoping it would explore the link with Earth more and the culture from which the people came. Also was disappointed in not having a Goa'uld antagonist based on a Celtic deity! But it was a good story overall.
Pat Hauldren
Solid SG1 adventure

I like it when the story includes characters beyond SG1. A little romance, a lot of tension, and SG1 coming together after a tuff assignment. Solidly written, fun to read.
Craterdweller
A little uneven at times but worth the read.
Beezus
This book gives us a lot of inner thoughts for Sam and Jack about their relationship (mostly Sam if
i recall correctly but I read it so long ago) so I should have been deliriously out of my mind happy, but... the adventure theteam went on started out so well as far as a unique premise that the citizens of the world the team visited gets only one channel of, i think it was, a soap opera. But that is never dealt with as far as - is the government sending subliminal messages? Are they being kept fr
Meg
This was my first read of a book based on a TV show, that I can recall anyway. I thought that it was well done, the characters were captured well and the repercussions from a previous traumatic episode were explored which is something not often seen in the show. I love the show and the storyline seemed a good fit to something that could have been on the show. I liked that we got to see a bit into each main character and even into the "guest star" characters.
Cash'Lion Elud'Ox
Apr 20, 2015 Cash'Lion Elud'Ox rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Cash'Lion by: Myself
Shelves: own
Its a book of religious vs. technology debate. Similar to some scientist vs. religious aspects of reality. Except the twist is the tech' came first and religious came after and instead of a bible book, all their "scriptures" are scripted into giant billboards to living room size televisions of two actors acting out the message of the day. And repeated several times a day.

Great tie-in to the season 4 series. Excellent capture of the personalities of them mixing in with misidentifying one self and
Liv Heller
This wasn't the most engrossing SG-1 story. The plot seemed a bit too similar to some of the actual television episodes. The characters themselves were well written but I never got the sense that they were in any real danger. It could also have benefited from more proofreading, as the text was littered with typos and missing words.
Angela
SG1 go to a planet to get a shield for their planet. They inhabitants worship a daytime soap and don't like anyone who does not share their faith. This is a fun read, with all the characters acting like they should. A good read.
Gene
A good solid SG1 adventure. Would like to have had more background on the planet this book takes place on, but that fact did not detract from the story at all. Just Curious.
Miau Meow
Miau Meow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Jennifer Phillips
Jennifer Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Ryan Dragon
Ryan Dragon marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Arrietty
Arrietty marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Kiri
Kiri added it
Feb 04, 2015
Amrita
Amrita marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
  • A Matter of Honor
  • Alliances
  • Sacrifice Moon
  • City of the Gods
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2)
  • Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)

Stargate SG-1 (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Trial by Fire
  • Survival of the Fittest
  • Alliances
  • Roswell
  • Relativity

“The ship was old, patched and ramshackle, as if repairs were done on the hop with whatever materials could be scavenged.” 1 likes