Start by marking “Fire” as Want to Read:
Fire

Fire (Losing Christina #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  849 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In the final book of this thriller trilogy, the evil Shevvingtons try to make Christina (and the town) believe she is obsessed with fire. Christina fights desperately for her sanity, but can she finally conquer the evil?
Hardcover
Published September 1st 2001 by Turtleback Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire

Mitch
Sometimes, I like to review classic books of the 90s, stuff from my earlier reading days that made a big impression on me. This one, unfortunately, I remember for all the wrong reasons. Fire's a psychological thriller and the third book in the Losing Christina series by the same author as Face on the Milk Carton. The first book, Fog is actually genuinely creepy, while Snow was one of those wrecks I just couldn't turn away from, so I just had to read Fire.

I wish I hadn't. The entire series is abo
Susan
Out of all three books from the series this was my favorite one. I think since I had been reading the books for so long I was able to connect more with the characters and have their emotions. The one thing I don't like is that the dialogue seems very childish even though at times I didn't understand all the vocabulary. As I read more Caroline B. Cooney books I've come to realize she writes very twisted ideas and I don't seem to understand why. The ending of the book was pretty pleasing and what ...more
Tracy
Viktoria Jean
Oct 28, 2007 Viktoria Jean rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: for all the forgotten
Losing Christina Trilogy
-Fog
-Snow
-Fire

Story Summary
Fog:
Christina leaves her home on Burning Fog Isle, off the Maine coast, to go to school on the mainland. She can handle the work, she can handle the kids who scorn her. But there's one thing she can't handle.
The Evil.
Something very dangerous is going on in the home of the principal, Mr. Shevvington, and his wife where Christina boards with the beautiful, dreamy Anya. It's driving Anya mad. What will happen to Christina?
Snow:
The Snow is
Jing
In the final part of the sequel, Christina attempts to survive her final days of school before being terrorized by the Shevvingtons to the point of being looked at as the mentally disabled. At the same time, she must continue to hide Val while learning the secrets of how to beat the Shevvingtons

To be honest, I did not find it as great as the second book. However, since the this is for an age group lower than mine,I guess it is good. I did not like the part where the person continues to talk ab
Jayne
I want to find copies of the series first before I write a full review. I want to be able to remember details I may be forgetting since these were a few of my favorite books ever.
Lugosifan
Great conclusion to the trilogy!!!!! Loved the whole series, and it was action-packed, thrilling, and totally AWESOME!!!!!!
Kim
Only because the psychological torture really got to me. Too real.
Nathan
Young Nathan LOVED this book. I haven't read it since the early 90s.
Sa
This is one of my all time favorites.Christina is a strong heroine who helps girls who are victims.She is not perfect or invincible.She has her weak moments.I think her character is realistic for a teenager trapped in a horrifying situation.
Elizabeth Jones
This series was a real page turner
Kelly
The sudden prominence of fire didn't make much sense, compared to the other titles. Why the Shevvingtons did what they did was finally put into a straight sentence (tho it had been alluded to all along), but the reason wasn't satisfactory. Also that Christina fell prey to them, even for a short bit, was disappointing, but she was only a little girl. With such flighty teenage hormones - in love the second she laid eyes on one guy and another she viewed as her brother a moment before. The ending w ...more
Louisa
really enjoyed it - couldn't put it down
Lori
I read the 3 books in this series just to get to the end and see what happened. I almost felt that the three books could have been combined into just one book, especially if all the repeated descriptions of people and places had been left out. I don't know why the author felt that we needed to know over and over what color hair someone had, or what someone else's face looked like.
Jenna
I usually love Caroline's books, but this was utterely painful to read. It was boring and kind of seemed like a sorry attempt at a mild bit sci-fi or something with the house and sea calling her name. There is no really big climax so I found it dragging on and on.
Jessie
I don't know why it took me so long to get around to finishing the trilogy but I finally got the last book. I wouldn't read the trilogy a second time but I did quite enjoy each of them.
Suzie
The Losing Christina series is really suspenseful! I was looking up books by Caroline B. Cooney and the title caught my eye so I read it! And I really enjoyed it.
S.K. Munt
As someone who was bullied, by both peers and a select number of adults, these books touched me in a way that no series ever will. I'm so grateful for them.
Julie S.
I don't remember much of this book, but I remembered reading it as a young teen.
Patrick
Old Children's Book. Liked it as a kid, but haven't read it in years.
~❤FRiiSKii❤~
AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!
Katherine Couch
Katherine Couch marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Shannen
Shannen marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Aileen
Aileen marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
  • The Mall
  • The Invitation (Point Horror, #20)
  • The Dance (Final Friends, #2)
  • Party Line
  • Don't Look Behind You
  • Hostage
  • Through the Hidden Door
  • The Burning (The Fear Street Saga, #3)
  • The Yearbook
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...

Losing Christina (3 books)
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • Snow (Losing Christina, #2)
The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1) Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2) The Voice on the Radio (Janie Johnson, #3) What Janie Found (Janie Johnson, #4) Code Orange