Start by marking “All Up In My Business” as Want to Read:
All Up In My Business

All Up In My Business

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  39 reviews
In this first novel of a new trilogy, Lovely takes her fans outside the church and explores the inner workings of a family--the lives, loves, and scandals of a modern-day dynasty.
Published March 1st 2011 by Dafina (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All Up In My Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Up In My Business

Introducing the Livingstons, an affluent African-American family in Atlanta, Georgia. They own Taste of Soul, a fast casual soul food restaurant. The Livingstons are trying to ensure that they remain profitable in these tough economic times. Siblings Malcolm and Toussaint have been competitive since their youth. With the chance to take the company to the next level, each brother has a different plan. Whose will be the winning idea?

Malcolm, a married father of four, is having issues at
Family First

The family that cooks together stays together. The Livingstons are one such family. They own a chain of soul food restaurants, Taste of Soul. Though they are a tightly knit, loving family, they are no strangers to drama.

Lutishia Lovely brings the drama with ALL UP IN MY BUSINESS. But for this reader, the book takes a wrong turn with too much drama stretched all around. And every time drama reared its ugly head, many times without explanation, it was neatly packaged and put away, thu
Staci Zirkle
I picked up this book mainly because of what the title says. This book is the first in a trilogy. The second book is called Mind Your Business and the third book is called Taking Care Of Business. This is a good book about what happens when lust gets the better of you, you're not happy with the mate you are currently with, parents who want you to live the life THEY want you to live and scandalous people who will do ANYTHING to get their hands in the pot. This is also a good book about dealing wi ...more
Rhea Alexis Banks
Very intriguing and interesting have family, romance, thrill, drama and suspense. This book is centered around the Livingston family. There are twin brothers and one of their sons that run the family business that was established by their father. On top of this well established family business this family has a long, rich history that is a noted legacy for the and long marriages.

As you read, you are hurled into the lives of these people as individuals, couples, fami
African Americans on the Move Book Club
This story engages the reader from the very beginning with a tale woven from a family business that spans a couple of generations. The Livingston family has built an empire from their love of and ability to cook soul food. The entire Livingston clan is involved in the business with the brothers Malcolm and Toussaint in charge. There is more than one story being told but all are connected. While all appears to be the picture of perfection, beneath the smiles and wealth of the Livingston’s, there ...more
This was my first time reading a book by Lutisha Lovely and now I'm hooked. This book was full of drama and I can tell that the drama has only begun for the Livingston clan. Lutisha threw me a bit of a curve ball at the end of this book that left my mouth hanging wide open. I can't wait to read what's next.
Carmen Blalock
All Up In My Business is a new series by the fantastic author Lutishia Lovely.

This new series is all about family and how they are minding your business was well at their own. Taste of Soul is a family-owned restaurant empire that is doing very well but is having minor problems but it is nothing that the Livingston clan can't handle!

This is a fast-paced, all up in your face, won't let you put the book down type of read. Once you pick it up and start reading, the characters are so high-energy and
Marva Tutt
Couldn't put it down!

I was looking for a book to capture my attention and keep me until the end. This book was a great read! I highly recommend!
I really enjoyed this book...great flow. The Livingstons were a family to be reckoned with. They were no joke and had honor among them. The more you learned about them the better they seemed. Don't get on their bad side though. That is a force to reckon with. I would highly recommend this book.
This book reads fast and interestingly! I never was bored or disappointed. I think this should of been label the Levisngston family business based on how it reads. The only down fall is that there are too many characters to keep up with. This book should be at the very least been 4 separate stories. I still gave it a 5 star because I truly loved this family, their relationships and their drama! I think I'll miSs them out of my life :o loved this story
This is very well written book. One deterrent I have from reading black authors , is that a lot of the urban novels are ( in my opinion ) poorly written. This book is an exception to that stereotype. The characters are developed well, adn the storyline is very easy to follow. This is not "hood" novel, it is about a business family and the trials they face with that. I look forward to the second novel in the series.
I loved this book, it is a great start to a wonderful new series. Ms Lovely is a great storyteller. I can hardly wait for the next installment of the series to come out. The characters where great and the story itself was something straight from real life. I think she did a wonderful job and this series is a great addition to the Halleluijah Love series. Great Great Great!!!!
This is the first of 3 books introducing the Livingston family. They own a chain of restaurants called Taste of Soul, which is striving to stay on top. This story includes drama, intrigue, romance and suspense. It will keep you turning those pages to find out what happens next. A couple of sub-plots are told that include characters that help to bring the drama.
Rolanda Davis
this book was so good i laughed enjoyed this family
Ms. Lovely, I like that the book flows and is a quick read. However, you know you wrong for having the mama creeping like that. The character Bobby, I was coming to like until he started... well you all who haven't read it will have to because its a "Say What" moment. The sequel so far is good too.
Lutishia Lovely always has juicy gossip in her books and this one is no different. Ms. Lovely is starting with a new family who owns several Soul Food restaurants in the Atlanta area. There is plenty of drama and I am looking forward to how the Livingston clan plays out in future volumens.
Feb 05, 2012 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love a drama filled story.
On to book 2; The Livingston family is an all for one and one for all family who fight among themselves.If an outsider dares to cross a Livingston they have to deal with the entire Livingston clan, starting with the Marietta and Marcus Livingston the matriarch and patriarch of the family.
This is a real page turner and I couldn't put this book down, it took me two days to finish. I am looking forward to the next book. This is a great read I recommend it to all my friends. Love your work Lutishia Lovely. I am never dissapointed with your work. Keep up the good work.
Easy read with relationship issues throughout. I wanted more character development and for the storyline to focus on a few rather than an entire clan. Lovely has definitely set up another series that many will get into as I'm ready for the next one...
Jessica Terry
I loved this book. The characters were engaging and believable, and the storylines kept me intrigued throughout. I was disappointed when it was over, and that's always a good sign. I can't wait for the sequel 'cause I will definitely be getting it.
This was a good story full of twist and times to many.....still a good read that will have you wanting to skip pages or read faster to see what happens next...Can't wait to read more about the Livingston's.....
Christina Hanchett
Jul 16, 2011 Christina Hanchett rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Christina by: Black Expressions
The plot, the characters, the settings..... I was in "Bookworm Heaven". Awesome book!!!! The ending was perfect. I did not expect the final twist. Lutishia Lovely has definitely earned her way onto my bookshelf.
It was a story full of family drama with the works: sex, money, scandal. It is a book in a series, and while it made me want to read the other two books, it was not urgent enough for me to want to read them right away.
I enjoyed this book! I am definitely a fan of Lutishia Lovely. I think she's created a new series with the Livingston family, and I can't wait to see what happens with them next in Mind Your Own Business.
Loved it! I can't wait to read the next books in the series! I always enjoy Lutishia Lovely's books and this one does not disappoint. The Livingstons are hot! @lutishialovely
Bettye Griffin
Great story! I really like the way she introduced the people who will take center stage (presumably) in the next installment at the end, or else it would be too many people.
Pretty good read. It is the first book I've read by Lovely in an attempt to branch out from the same African-American authors I tend to read on a regular basis.

I enjoyed this well written urban book. It was refreshing to say the least. I love the detail the author put into the characters.
Trelani Michelle
The beginning was confusing, the middle was a little boring, but the ending brought it all home. Wanted to give it 3.5
Quick, drama-filled read. I'm looking forward to picking up the next in the series, Mind Your Own Business.
  • Beautiful, Dirty, Rich: A Novel
  • Mistress, Inc.
  • The Secret She Kept
  • Exposed
  • Confessions
  • Lady Elect
  • What a Sista Should Do
  • The Choir Director
  • If I Can't Have You (If I Can't Have You, #1)
  • Never Enough (View Park, #2)
  • Fortune & Fame: A Novel
  • Sexy Little Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #2)