Start by marking “Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)

Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,549 Ratings  ·  258 Reviews
Isabel, a world-weary photojournalist, is grounded back home in Oklahoma, when her car plummets off a bridge into a lake. On the edge between life and death, she's miraculously saved by the Water Goddess, but with one tiny caveat: Isabel must travel to another time to seduce the legendary Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere.
Published December 1st 2010 by Piatkus Books

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Legend, please sign up.

Jamnheart No. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek…moreNo. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek Mythology I'd read 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. The 4th one has more to do with a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and the 7th one has to do with King Arthur's time.(less)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareSoulless by Gail CarrigerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDearly, Departed by Lia HabelSpirit Storm by E.J. Stevens
Over Your Head
14th out of 172 books — 35 voters
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie RyanTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Worst Ending Ever !
17th out of 32 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara
Sep 12, 2013 Cara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. My intelligence as a reader is insulted, and I am so angry with the horrendous laziness of this book that I can barely think straight. The Goddess Summoning series, once terrific, is turned to absolute garbage in this book. It can't even redeem itself with passionate love scenes between the main characters. I'm trying desperately to find something nice to say for the author of Goddess of Spring, a book that I adored, but I cannot. This is just lazy, lazy writing. You can't leave the he ...more
Gemmoi
May 01, 2011 Gemmoi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to enjoy this book as I am a Goddess fiction fan, however I was very disappointed. This review may contain spoilers.

Cons:
The book was difficult to get into at the start as it kind of dragged.
As a fantasy Romance tale targeted at a younger audience similar to HON, this heroine Isabel was too old.
Isabels profession as a photographer had no relevance to the story
The old English was a bit difficult on the eye and detracted from the story, although I guess it's there for authenticit
Nightfalltwen
May 18, 2011 Nightfalltwen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Okay that is 309 pages of my life that I will never get back. This woman writes like a 17 year old girl.

I regret reading this book.

Okay... So here's something a little more in depth.

The writing was choppy at best. And everyone seemed to cotton on to Isabel's way of speaking like it wasn't ridiculous. None of the characters had any meat to them outside of Mordred. Isabel was the epitome of a Mary Sue. She was perfect in every way, everyone enjoyed her company, everyone loved her.

And okay, I'll ex
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Dec 17, 2010 Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Pixie
Jun 15, 2012 Pixie rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
*WARNING SPOILERS*

It was alright, I guess.

That's probably the worst thing anyone can say about a book. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was meh.

Now, this came as a bit of a disappointment to me. The first book in the series was weird, but I was prepared, thanks to your lovely selves. I really enjoyed the rest of the series, and then came this one.

It was really confusing at the beginning, and I often had to read the page twice before I understood it. The writing was stilted and muddled, and don
Patrícia
Chuckie Palmer-Patel
I didn't think there could be a book that is worse than Twilight...
Noortje de Graaff
Apr 12, 2011 Noortje de Graaff rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! I'm a great fan of the House of Night series written bij Pc Cast and her daughter, and this one is just as good!
It's about the king Arthur legend, but shed in a whole different light as Isobel, a modern age woman dies and is send back in time to the age of camelot bij the Lady of the Lake. There she needs to fall in love with Lancelot (to bring Gwen and Arthur back together) but fate takes a funny turn when she falls in love with Arthur in stead.
I loved reading about how Isobel an
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Isabel, back from spending time with the troops in Afghanistan, is trying to rediscover the beauty in the world. At the same time, yet not quite, the Water Goddess - also known as Vivianne - is looking for someone who can save Camelot and restore Merlin into her loving embrace. When Isabel's car goes off a bridge on her way back home, Vivianne brings her back to King Arthur's court with one mission: seduce Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere, thus restoring the balance. But Isabel - and Ar ...more
Tara van Beurden
This was by far the worst of the Goddess Summoning books, which perhaps had something to do with the fact that Cast wrote this in conjunction with another writer. Not that Cast is necessarily a stellar writer, but her lack of attention to this story in light of her work on the House of Night series seems to be the key driver behind the poor storytelling in this one. The one thing that helps it is the humour in the second half, but that’s if you can get to it. The language is jarring, and somehow ...more
Bookaholics
Nov 16, 2010 Bookaholics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goddess of Legend by P. C. Cast
Paranormal Romance –Dec. 7th, 2010
4 stars

Goddess of Legend is the 6th in P.C Cast's Goddess series and I hope not the last! This book centers around the King Arthur legend as the heroine Isabel is sent back in time to seduce Lancelot!

In this story the heroine, Isabel has a car accident but is saved by the Goddess of Water. The Goddess makes a deal with Isabel. If she can make King Arthur happy by seducing Lancelot from Queen Guinevere she can have her life back. I
Cris
This was my least favorite Goddess Summoning novel. Only the verbal humor in the latter half of the novel lifted this book from a 1 star "didn't like" to a 2 star "it was okay". The character development was spotty and inconsistent with many characters being nauseatingly perfect. The plot also seemed rather weak and the ending while very 'perfect' and romantic was unconvincing and *way* too convenient.

Some issues that, in my opinion should be major issues causing much angst and dissension, are a
Steph
Feb 09, 2011 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and have read the 5 previous Goddess summoning books. However, this one is a bit too similar to goddess of the sea, and became ultimately forgettable. Compared to the rest especially, this one is a bit of a let down. It's not awful or anything, still quality writing and a good read, but while the others in this series manage to maintain a completely individual plot and characters from each other, this one is too similar to goddess of the sea. It was almost as if this were a s ...more
Jordan
Dec 06, 2012 Jordan rated it it was amazing
Wow!
Wow!
Yes I said it again because frankly it bore repeating.
I am personally going to thank my Liberian for recommending this series to me.
This was one of my two favourite books I this series because I just love stories that have a connection to the middle ages. There’s just something about a knight you know.
Anyway this book is for mature readers and l love P.C Cast for them. The concept is totally amazing. Yes there are books were the person is from the middle ages or were the person goes bac
Naomi
Awful, just...just awful.

I had to read this book for this library club that I'm doing and it is absolutely awful.

Are there any other words I could use to describe this?

(terrible, horrible, the epitome of evil, an insult to literature)

Isabel was so completely up herself! She was NOT charming, she was NOT funny, she was just irritating and irrationally impulsive.

I just...URGH! And the ending was so predictable that my 9 year old brother could have written it. Actually no, Joshua would have at leas
Debbie
Jan 22, 2011 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorites series and feel it took much to long for this newest book to finally come out. Once again I was transported and enchanted by the story woven by PC Cast wherein a present day woman is transported in the realm of mythological legends - this time to Camelot. A departure from her typical stories based on Greek mythology, but no less enjoyable. I so thoroughly enjoyed it I did not want it to end. A series recommended to all who love both great romance and mytholog ...more
Anne Bücherwelt
Jul 11, 2015 Anne Bücherwelt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt:

Eine göttliche Zeitreise und eine gefährliche Begierde. Die Journalistin Isabel stürzt mit ihrem Auto von einer Brücke. Als sie von einer Wassergöttin gerettet wird, muss zum Dank zurück in der Zeit reisen. Auf Camelot soll sie den attraktiven Ritter Lancelot verführen, damit er aufhört, Königin Genoveva weiter den Hof zu machen. Nichts leichter als das denkt sie. Doch wer hätte gedacht, dass ausgerechnet König Artus sich in die schöne Fremde verliebt?

Cover:

Dieses Cover ist einer der be
Jodi
Jul 24, 2014 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book the only reason i gave it 3 stars instead of more was because like other reviewers i was a bit disappointed in P.C Casts lack of research also the ending was a bit weird... like all the reincarnations having exactly the same names. Also Merlin's character was truly pathetic.. woe to me sort of stuff.

pros:

Quite a good, fun book to read when you don't want to take things to seriously.
Gwen.. My favourite character she truly is a spoilt teenager and i think that it is pro
Clark
Sep 22, 2014 Clark rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I guess I spoke too soon when I said that I was sure this book was sure to be as good as the last 2 books I read from PC Cast. I did not like this book at all. I thought the characters were a little too forced and had no chemistry with each other. It was trying too hard to be funny when it wasn't.

I dislike that the heroine was already 43 years old. At that age, she should already be married and the least of her troubles should be looking for a mate! I also found it repugnant that she was lustin
Jade Klinger
Sep 16, 2015 Jade Klinger rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: light readers
Isabel, who's a photojournalist goes back home to Oklahoma after a traumatic event, to get back in touch with photography. When one day her car plummets off a bridge and into a lake. Struggling between life and death Isabel is saved by a Water Goddess named Viviane. Running out of time the Goddess sends Isabel on a quest back in time to seduce the legendary Sir Lancelot away from Queen Guinevere.

Isabel thinks that's it's going to be a simple quest,how hard is it to seduce a man? It wouldn't be
Ciera
Mar 08, 2016 Ciera rated it did not like it
Burak
Nov 23, 2013 Burak rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yine bir günde bitirdim evet bu seriyi çok seviyordum ama bu kitap diğerlerine benzemiyordu. O masalsı hava yoktu bunda. Hani beğenmemek değilde sinir olduğum bir nokta vardı herkes resmen kralla kraliçeyle laubali bir şekilde konuşuyordu. Abi siz kral kraliçesiniz ya ne bu saçmalık az ağırlığınız olsun. Yok sen benim dostumsun yok arkadaşımsın bla bla bla. Son da çok dandik bağlandı ya neyse.
Mrs Wilson
Feb 27, 2016 Mrs Wilson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: p-c-cast
Goddess Summoning Series: Goddess of Legend (No Spoilers)

This is the seventh book in the Goddess Summoning Series and I have got to say that unfortunately if wasn't as good as the others. This one tells the tale of Camelot with our heroine Isabel being transported back into the past and falling for King Arthur. Although not as good as the other books in the series I did still enjoy it however I was a little bit disappointed as other reviewers appear to be with the fact that the story seems to ha
Katie
Jun 19, 2015 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading books by P C Cast, I loved them and couldn't get enough of them. However there is only so much repetition I can take!
I have grown tired of the constant middle aged woman being summoned by a goddess story. I am not someone who is against age but I don't find a forty something or other woman to be a capturing protagonist. And surely for an author who constantly gives details on how age makes you wiser and more experienced, it is a little ironic how she then transforme
Merve  Özcan
Feb 21, 2014 Merve Özcan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Çok güzel başlayan bir seriye rezil bir son. Dedim ama kimseye dinletemedim. 1. ve 2. kitap gözümde tapılasıdır. 3.'nünde gideri vardır ama ondan sonra aklımdaki tek düşünce bir seri bu kadar rezil edilemez. Bu kitap içinde aklımda iki şey var; 1 kötü adam nerde, 2 sonunu yazarken yazar pembe baloncuklar kusmuş mu?
Adriana
Nov 04, 2015 Adriana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
This is a retelling of the Arthurian legend that is full of laughter, action, and romance.
The beginning leans towards corny, so much so that I almost put it down. Bear with it and you’ll get a great story with strong female characters and lots of fun with your romance.
Maya Manalao
Mar 15, 2013 Maya Manalao rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. I gave it 4 stars since I'm not an avid fan of s*x, but all in all, this book is a must read.

The plot, the characters and the story is irresistible. I love them. Can't wait to buy the other Goddess Summoning books. :)))
Ashley
Aug 25, 2015 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series, except for this one. I'm completely biased though, I have a hard time with anything relating King Arthur... it's just not my cup of tea. If you like that legend then this will be a nice twist on it.
Selin
Aug 07, 2014 Selin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-summer
Sevmedim ben bu kitabı ya... Çok basit geldi. Ben daha çok aldatma psikolojisi daha çok aşık bir adam beklerdim. Uğruna öleceğin kadar sevdiğin bir insan seni aldattığında bunu öylece kolay atlatamazsın yani en azından depresyona girer kimseye güvenemezsin. Bir de bu adam kral!
Emretmeye ve ittaat edilmeye alışık biri nasıl olur da bu kadar rahat olabilir?
Peki ya o kadın güya aşık olduğu adam savaşta ölmüş blah blah... Hiç mi üzülmez, tamam hayatı değiştir falan da yani romantizm yönünden hiç et
Maxi Shelton
Apr 30, 2012 Maxi Shelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
P.C. Cast has a way of taking you out of this world, into a different time, place and sometimes body. Each book is bursting with passion, love and adventure. Thoroughly enjoyed the complete series.
  • Dustin Time
  • Illumination (Curse of The Bond Riders, #3)
  • Royal Rebel
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Beast's Bride (Once Upon a Time Travel, #2)
  • Almost a Goddess (Goddess, #1)
  • Kalina’s Discovery (Return to Wonderland, #2)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • The Waking Dragon (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #8)
  • Bastian (The Lords of Satyr, #6)
  • Vampyr Legion (Legendeer, #2)
  • The Pleasure Slave (Imperia, #2)
P.C. Cast was born in the Midwestern United States, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. With her tour in the USAF completed, she taught high school for 15 years before retirin ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6)