Start by marking “Bound” as Want to Read:
Bound
Preview

Bound (Dungeon #1)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  624 ratings  ·  34 reviews
More information to be announced soon on this forthcoming title from Penguin USA
Published June 26th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound

Heather
Oct 09, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Marion (Summer) Kingshott
Shelves: erotica
I had wanted to read Bound by Sasha White for quite a while, and it always seemed to be backordered or hard to find, so thank goodness Marion was kind enough to lend it to me! It did not disappoint! My only qualm, was that it is written in that oh so dreaded first person, and even so, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Katie Long is the town good girl. She works at Blacks Casino as a cash girl, and always follows the rules, does everything anyone wants, and never gets in trouble. Until she meets Joe
Jen
Bound is the third book in a series by Sasha White, but technically the first one in the series. I managed to read them completely out of order. The real order is:
Bound
Trouble
Wicked

Bound is about Joe and Katie. Katie lives in a small town where everyone knows everyone else’s business. She is determined to make enough money to leave and move to a big city. Both her and Joe work at a local casino- Katie as a cash manager, Joe as head of security. Katie does something crazy and her and Joe end up h
MK (Food actvist)
Katie Long (sub) is out to prove she can be a bad girl. Not to the world but to herself. She seduces "bad boy" Joe Carson (dom) by showing him her bad side. The chemistry starts hot with these two and stays hot. I loved how Sasha White switches between the love scenes (very detailed) and the characters thinking. It really makes you care about the characters and feel for them. There was a bit back and forth between Katie and Joe and this rest of her life but it mainly focused on her and her think ...more
Zeek
Yeah I didn’t like this one so much. How anyone can take a story about a woman’s desire for Dominant sex- and subsequent having of said sex- then make it feel vanilla I don’t know, but White managed to do it. Plus the hero in his dominance was not sexy at all- just seemed like a man who didn’t like women too much to me. I skimmed most of the book and finished it within two hrs.

Tam
What a great book. The story is told from Katie's perspective and Joe is really a great character when experiencing him through Katie's eyes. Katie also faces some interesting life dilemmas (I think you could say she's at a cross-road) in addition to her 'secret desires' that she 'explores' with Joe. This makes her a more holistic and realistic character. I also like that people react to Katie in different ways, and some of the conflicts don't lead to bigger life realizations, they just add to K ...more
Alexia Chantel
Oh the classic tale of desperately wanting to move away from small town life to the city, then moving and finding out life is empty there and home really is back in that small town.

Despite the plot line not having much of a surprise, White does a great job writing characters that you will fall in love with. Joe is very stern and unapproachable, but he is also drop dead gorgeous and has that whole dominant male thing going. How can you not fall for that! Add to that mix you are not sure what his
Daemon Grendl
I was disappointed by this book because it did not deliver what the front cover photo and back cover text promised. The front cover image of a harness and the back cover text of "Master and slave" promised a level of kink that never materialized. After 266 pages, Katie is still the good girl she was on the first page. It took quite an effort for me to finish this book and I suggest that you don't bother.

Katie lives a few hours outside of Vancouver and dreams of leaving the small town where every
Ladiibbug
Thanks, Jen, for telling us this is part of a series, and giving us the order in a previous post:

#1 Bound
#2 Trouble
#3 Wicked

I liked Bound ALOT! Set in BC (British Columbia, not way back when), Katie works the cash cage in a small town casino. The new head of security, Joe Carson, catches her interest right away, and one day at work, she ******** *gasp* no spoiler!

This sends Katie & Joe's flirtatious relationship into high gear ... especially when Joe turns out to be a Dom - but a kind and lo
Sharon
All in all a pretty good book! Warning: you may be thrown by the beginning (as I was) because the story starts a couple hours after the couple initially has sex....and so you may feel cheated! The author does go back and describe it, so you will get the story. It feels a little off balance but keep on truckin' because it won't ruin the story.

The only reason this doesn't get five stars is I feel sad for missing the hero's thoughts and feelings. This is solely from the heroine's point of view so y
Lena Tumasyan
I just finished this book.
It's really fun. It's a story about a girl who lives in a small town and wants to get onto to bigger, better things, in a big city. Sound familiar? Well in the small town she meets a guy, Joe, who fulfills her every sexual fantasy and more (of course, it's an erotic novel, hello!). Then comes the conflict btwn staying in the small town with her fantastic lover, or move out??
Based on the title "Bound" I was expecting more naughtiness and S&M. The author kept it on
Ali
Good book by Sasha White. Hot hot hot. I actually liked My Perogative better but this one was good in a whole different way. Sasha explores different kinds of "preferences" in each of her books and she took this one (bondage) all the way. Yes, the editing left a little to be desired but it was easily overlooked as I read some of the better parts out loud to the hubby! Gotta get more Sasha!
Nl
This book is hot...White hot. I loved it! Bound has steamy but believable sex scenes, characters that you care about and an interesting plot. After finishing it I immediately went looking for more.
Chandler
One thing to say about this book. It ended on an abrupt note, so abrupt I thought I was missing pages. But other than that I really loved this book. I love ALL sasha WHite's books actually!
Melanie
Loved this story and really enjoyed the characters. Can't wait to read more from this author!
Jessica Alcazar
Loved the story. I found it entertaining. Gave a good laugh. Loved it. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Nancy Hogan
Really nicely written erotica by one of if not my favorite erotic author.
Val Paquette
I enjoyed this book. I loved the whole series.
Kelly
Read my full review here: Book Review: Bound

Wow, this was a wild ride through a roller coaster of emotion and sexual fantasies!

Sasha White doesn't hold back and delivers life blow by blow to her protagonist, Katie. She starts us off in the story with Katie taking charge and living out her first fantasy. But that is where Katie lets go and turns full control over to Joe and things really heat up. But to Katie, letting go of control is her escape from a world where she is in control 24/7. Her job
Nichole (Dirty H)
I have two things to complain about this book that will not have any impact on whether or not someone else will want to read it, but I have to get it off my chest:

1. There are a lot of errors in this book. Missing words, misspelled words, periods where there should be commas, commas where there should be semi-colons... it was annoying.

2. I am so tired of "I live in a small town where everyone knows who I am and I have no privacy" stories. Here's a hint: if you are dropping off your mom to get he
Crystal
This was the most awkwardly written attempt at a steamy romance I've ever read. It was like listening to someone's prim mom trying to explain in first person the dirty things she did with someone. I was especially amused by the sex scene where "hands roamed over all the usual erogenous zones" and by the romantic lead's use of his "talented finger". Then there's the fact that the main character has sexual interaction with someone other than the guy she's been with and obsessed with the entire boo ...more
Erica
Very intriguing BDSM story...without the whips and chains! It's a little quirky to say the least...set in a very small town in Canada called Chadwick where everyone knows everyone else's business. Katie and Joe work in a casino, which is also a little quirky. And Katie herself is quirky. She's such a "good girl", but yet she is really good at playing poker, competes in a wet t-shirt contest, and can hold her liquor better than most, not to mention what she gets up to with Joe in and out of the c ...more
Kazen
Meh. The sex scenes were alright but I didn't like any of the other plot. Like the main character I also grew up in a small town and wanted to get away... I just didn't join high stakes poker games to do it.
Sharalea
Decided to read all of this authors books, like the characters.
Dee
The use of "frigged" in this book really threw me off. It is not my favorite slang word for teasing and just pushed me out of the story. While the story itself was "okay" it wasn't great. Sex scenes were decent but just as the story started to heat up, it went all college girly and ended abruptly. Not my favorite.
Darth
Nice...
With a Janet Evanovich feel, Sasha White spins her tale of sexual depravity - in a good way.
The story is passable, and the sex is not so repetitive as to become boring. This is light reading, but worth the time if you are interested.
Joan
One thing to say about this book. It ended on an abrupt note, so abrupt I thought I hadn't downloaded the whole book and had missed some final pages. A pleasant read, but I preferred "Wicked" by this author more.
Bosley
Jan 24, 2009 Bosley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I read the first three chapters. Basically BDSM erotica, first person, with a lot of tiny info dumps instead of character development. Not a book for me. Taking it back to the thrift store.
Linda C
Katie is a good girl who wants something more and finds it in Joe. This is an erotic master/slave contemporary that was OK, nothing outstanding.
Aimee
Apr 20, 2007 Aimee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotica Lovers
Sexy Sasha, who I'm honored to call a friend, is an amazing writer and this book is positively delicious. Trust me, it is.
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Learning to Drown
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • No One But Madison
  • Voyeur
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • Bound to Please
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • As She's Told
  • Skin Deep
  • Unfair Advantage (Diablo Blanco Club, #1)
  • Kink
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword #1)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
Read Something White Hot.
Gifted with a salacious imagination, National Bestselling Author Sasha White’s brand of Romance with Heat, and Erotica with Heart is all about sassy women and sexy men. With a voice that is called “distinctive and delicious” by The Romance Studio, this Canadian author has become a reader favorite.

After over 20 years as a waitress/bartender and world traveller, Sasha now wo
More about Sasha White...

Dungeon (4 books)
  • Trouble (Dungeon #2)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
  • My Prerogative (Dungeon #4)
Wicked (Dungeon #3) Trouble (Dungeon #2) Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1) My Prerogative (Dungeon #4) Meandros: An Erotic Short Story