Start by marking “Bound” as Want to Read:
Bound

Bound (True Desires #1)

The strongest way to be Bound, is by emotion.

Everybody has a dark side. I just never expected mine to come out in my sexuality. But in that quiet time before I drift off to sleep the images that come into my mind shock even me. You see, I’ve always been the good girl. The steady one, the responsible one, but ever since I set eyes on Joe Carson, the dreams have turned into
Published June 26th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound

Heather
Jun 09, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: Marion (Summer) Kingshott
Shelves: erotica
I had wanted to read Bound by Sasha White for quite a while, and it always seemed to be backordered or hard to find, so thank goodness Marion was kind enough to lend it to me! It did not disappoint! My only qualm, was that it is written in that oh so dreaded first person, and even so, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Katie Long is the town good girl. She works at Blacks Casino as a cash girl, and always follows the rules, does everything anyone wants, and never gets in trouble. Until she meets Joe
Talltree
Oct 10, 2015 Talltree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erotic small town romance with a HFN. It was more about h's coming of age / changing of tracks, also a woman's self-discovery of her submissive streak and also about the wonderful man who falls for her. However I didn't like that h never admitted that she loved H, I see the series has more books however, maybe they will appear in those books if only in bits and we will learn more about their HEA. I hope so.
Technically unsafe romance as h does experiment with another Dom other than H, but I still
Jen
Jul 11, 2008 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hotness
Bound is the third book in a series by Sasha White, but technically the first one in the series. I managed to read them completely out of order. The real order is:
Bound
Trouble
Wicked

Bound is about Joe and Katie. Katie lives in a small town where everyone knows everyone else’s business. She is determined to make enough money to leave and move to a big city. Both her and Joe work at a local casino- Katie as a cash manager, Joe as head of security. Katie does something crazy and her and Joe end up h
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Katie Long (sub) is out to prove she can be a bad girl. Not to the world but to herself. She seduces "bad boy" Joe Carson (dom) by showing him her bad side. The chemistry starts hot with these two and stays hot. I loved how Sasha White switches between the love scenes (very detailed) and the characters thinking. It really makes you care about the characters and feel for them. There was a bit back and forth between Katie and Joe and this rest of her life but it mainly focused on her and her think ...more
Zeek
Aug 03, 2010 Zeek rated it did not like it
Shelves: smut, romantica, dnf
Yeah I didn’t like this one so much. How anyone can take a story about a woman’s desire for Dominant sex- and subsequent having of said sex- then make it feel vanilla I don’t know, but White managed to do it. Plus the hero in his dominance was not sexy at all- just seemed like a man who didn’t like women too much to me. I skimmed most of the book and finished it within two hrs.

Ellie
Apr 15, 2010 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. The story is told from Katie's perspective and Joe is really a great character when experiencing him through Katie's eyes. Katie also faces some interesting life dilemmas (I think you could say she's at a cross-road) in addition to her 'secret desires' that she 'explores' with Joe. This makes her a more holistic and realistic character. I also like that people react to Katie in different ways, and some of the conflicts don't lead to bigger life realizations, they just add to K ...more
Lori
Aug 10, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
There is some pretty kinky stuff happening at the casino these days. But who can resist a hot guy in a uniform? I do not blame this girl for wanting more from life, and wanting the security guard, who wouldn't? I loved the way this story came together. A lot of this story I can imagine actually happening, and so much was unexpected. The romance is a real sizzler. It is a great read, I am looking forward to more True Desires.
Anna Low
Aug 04, 2016 Anna Low rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I met Sasha White at a book convention in Canada and although this is not the usual type of book I read, I agreed to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
If your looking for a well written hot sexy read, this is the book for you. Joe and Katie came to life for me and they explored their fantasies together and take the reader along for the ride.
Christine
Aug 05, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc review For honest review. wow this story was hot and I really enjoyed how the characters katie and Joe were in their play to get to know each other. Katie wanted more out of life then a small town and Joe came from a big city .see their story you will enjoy the journey.
Chandler
Apr 26, 2013 Chandler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One thing to say about this book. It ended on an abrupt note, so abrupt I thought I was missing pages. But other than that I really loved this book. I love ALL sasha WHite's books actually!
Val Paquette
Aug 24, 2013 Val Paquette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I enjoyed this book. I loved the whole series.
Melanie
Dec 22, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm-erotica
Loved this story and really enjoyed the characters. Can't wait to read more from this author!
Daemon Grendl
Dec 24, 2010 Daemon Grendl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed by this book because it did not deliver what the front cover photo and back cover text promised. The front cover image of a harness and the back cover text of "Master and slave" promised a level of kink that never materialized. After 266 pages, Katie is still the good girl she was on the first page. It took quite an effort for me to finish this book and I suggest that you don't bother.

Katie lives a few hours outside of Vancouver and dreams of leaving the small town where every
Ladiibbug
Oct 14, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks, Jen, for telling us this is part of a series, and giving us the order in a previous post:

#1 Bound
#2 Trouble
#3 Wicked

I liked Bound ALOT! Set in BC (British Columbia, not way back when), Katie works the cash cage in a small town casino. The new head of security, Joe Carson, catches her interest right away, and one day at work, she ******** *gasp* no spoiler!

This sends Katie & Joe's flirtatious relationship into high gear ... especially when Joe turns out to be a Dom - but a kind and lo
Alexia Chantel
Oh the classic tale of desperately wanting to move away from small town life to the city, then moving and finding out life is empty there and home really is back in that small town.

Despite the plot line not having much of a surprise, White does a great job writing characters that you will fall in love with. Joe is very stern and unapproachable, but he is also drop dead gorgeous and has that whole dominant male thing going. How can you not fall for that! Add to that mix you are not sure what his
Mignon Mykel
Jun 08, 2016 Mignon Mykel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read of a girl who feared what she wanted as abnormal. I loved when we first meet Katie, she tells the reader what she wants, the darker, grittier side to sex, and how she knows she won't get it -- because it's not 'right'. I loved her meeting Joe, and what Joe brings out in her. Joe is meant to be the distraction, the meeting, the ability for her to ask for what she wants. Therefore, there's a bit more to the story than simply Joe and Katie, there are a few other players ( ...more
Lena Tumasyan
Aug 06, 2011 Lena Tumasyan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book.
It's really fun. It's a story about a girl who lives in a small town and wants to get onto to bigger, better things, in a big city. Sound familiar? Well in the small town she meets a guy, Joe, who fulfills her every sexual fantasy and more (of course, it's an erotic novel, hello!). Then comes the conflict btwn staying in the small town with her fantastic lover, or move out??
Based on the title "Bound" I was expecting more naughtiness and S&M. The author kept it on
Sharon
Feb 11, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
All in all a pretty good book! Warning: you may be thrown by the beginning (as I was) because the story starts a couple hours after the couple initially has sex....and so you may feel cheated! The author does go back and describe it, so you will get the story. It feels a little off balance but keep on truckin' because it won't ruin the story.

The only reason this doesn't get five stars is I feel sad for missing the hero's thoughts and feelings. This is solely from the heroine's point of view so y
Ali
Nov 13, 2008 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book by Sasha White. Hot hot hot. I actually liked My Perogative better but this one was good in a whole different way. Sasha explores different kinds of "preferences" in each of her books and she took this one (bondage) all the way. Yes, the editing left a little to be desired but it was easily overlooked as I read some of the better parts out loud to the hubby! Gotta get more Sasha!
Donna
Jun 05, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot, kinky and fun. The author mixes kink and romance in a believable way. I’ll admit it took me a bit to warm up to these characters but as they grew so did my appreciation for them. The story will keep you turning pages but fair warning break out the fan and a cold drink.
A gifted copy was provided by author/publisher for an honest review
Nl
Apr 25, 2013 Nl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is hot...White hot. I loved it! Bound has steamy but believable sex scenes, characters that you care about and an interesting plot. After finishing it I immediately went looking for more.
Jessica Alcazar
Aug 23, 2012 Jessica Alcazar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: white-sasha
Loved the story. I found it entertaining. Gave a good laugh. Loved it. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Sharalea
Decided to read all of this authors books, like the characters.
Nancy Hogan
Jan 04, 2011 Nancy Hogan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nicely written erotica by one of if not my favorite erotic author.
Victoria Newman
Oct 27, 2016 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Joanna
Dec 22, 2016 Joanna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blech. Neither hot erotica nor satisfying romance, this book fell flat on all fronts. I'd anticipated kinky sex scenes in novel form. Instead, this author took what should have been fun and made it feel pointless. I know it's part of the romance trope that the main characters have to end up together and have to be in love, but it just didn't feel at all plausible here. These two meet at work at a casino, play a few sex games, then move in together a few weeks later. There must be an audience for ...more
Becky Gates
Jan 15, 2017 Becky Gates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot

Oooooh what a hottie Joe is! Just the right man for the adventurous Katie. Loved the soft Dom touch of Joe, wasn't too over the top. Really enjoyed the character interplay and story line.
Kelly
Read my full review here: Book Review: Bound

Wow, this was a wild ride through a roller coaster of emotion and sexual fantasies!

Sasha White doesn't hold back and delivers life blow by blow to her protagonist, Katie. She starts us off in the story with Katie taking charge and living out her first fantasy. But that is where Katie lets go and turns full control over to Joe and things really heat up. But to Katie, letting go of control is her escape from a world where she is in control 24/7. Her job
Nichole (Dirrty H)
I have two things to complain about this book that will not have any impact on whether or not someone else will want to read it, but I have to get it off my chest:

1. There are a lot of errors in this book. Missing words, misspelled words, periods where there should be commas, commas where there should be semi-colons... it was annoying.

2. I am so tired of "I live in a small town where everyone knows who I am and I have no privacy" stories. Here's a hint: if you are dropping off your mom to get he
Elizabeth Connor
The writing was good, the characters were fairly well-developed, but ultimately I didn't have a strong feeling about the outcome because I didn't care much about the main character, Katie. Her feelings were explained in a cogent way, but I didn't feel her feelings. And I didn't sympathize with her. If anything, I identified with Joe and felt like he deserved more from her. She was surrounded by people who cared about her, yet she was so self-absorbed that she was connected through obligation rat ...more
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Learning to Drown
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Submissive Desires
  • Skin Deep
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Voyeur
  • Unfair Advantage (Diablo Blanco Club, #1)
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Bound to Please
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Kink
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Slave To Love
  • Behind the Mask (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • No One But Madison
Read Something White Hot.
Gifted with a salacious imagination, National Bestselling Author Sasha White’s brand of Romance with Heat, and Erotica with Heart is all about sassy women and sexy men. With a voice that is called “distinctive and delicious” by The Romance Studio, this Canadian author has become a reader favorite.

After over 20 years as a waitress/bartender and world traveller, Sasha now wo
More about Sasha White...

True Desires (5 books)
  • Watch Me
  • Trouble (Dungeon #2)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
  • My Prerogative (True Desires #5)

“It was nice to be around people I knew cared for me, but at the same time, the more time I spent with all of them, the more alone I felt” 1 likes