Start by marking “H Is for Haunted House: A Halloween Alphabet Book” as Want to Read:
H Is for Haunted House: A Halloween Alphabet Book

H Is for Haunted House: A Halloween Alphabet Book

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Little ones will love learning about Halloween in this alphabet book. Rhyming couplets that flow through the alphabet help kids celebrate everything from Ghosts to Mummies to Zombies.
Published August 12th 2010 by Price Stern Sloan

To ask other readers questions about H Is for Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about H Is for Haunted House

Kristine Hall
Oct 29, 2014 Kristine Hall rated it it was amazing
ADORABLE! This book does a great job of giving a hint of the spooky and then explaining it away. I loved that every inch of the pages was colored, so it's really a colorful treat for the kids. The illustrations are vibrant and friendly, but again, with just a touch of spooky to be found when the readers study the backgrounds. The rhyming is good and flows nicely and kids will love looking around for what each letter of the alphabet represents. Highly recommend for read-alouds and for returning t ...more
Alison Durbin
I loved this book mainly because Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and this book really gets you into the spirit! I loved how this wasn't only an alphabet book, but it was also sort of a poetry book. Because of that, this book can be read (and enjoyed) by beginning readers who are trying to learn their ABCs, and older children who enjoy poems (or Halloween). If I end up teaching younger children, I would love to have this book in my classroom library.
Jordan Williams
Mar 08, 2015 Jordan Williams rated it it was amazing
Fun book for children who are learning to read, and learning the alphabet. Pictures are beautiful and truly help the children learn their ABC's.
Ash
Aug 20, 2014 Ash rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
Decent story, but the wording felt a little awkward.
Mariah Christensen
Nov 13, 2014 Mariah Christensen rated it really liked it
Bright, colorful pictures. Good alphabet book.
Samantha
Jan 11, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hoildays
Halloween is a staple in American culture, although I was told it was unacceptable to read to my Pre-K class due to negative religious connotations. I personally do not believe that this book touches on anything of the sort. It is a well written, creatively illustrated, and tastefully presented alphabet book about a commercialized Halloween holiday. This book could be used for teaching the alphabet as well as rhyming sounds and words.
Andrea
Oct 29, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it
cute rhyming alphabet book. I'm not a big fan of alphabet books because they seem so forced. This book was good without seeming forced.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Nov 10, 2011 Jess (Shepherdjel) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: we-give-books
Such a great book, very cute with wonderful illustrations and a wonderful way to learn the Alphabet around Halloween :-)
Dialma
Jan 26, 2012 Dialma rated it it was amazing
Love the rhyming and a great way to review the alphabet with the kids. My girls love Halloween, so it was perfect.
Beth
May 05, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
This is a nice mix of the alphabet and Halloween. You always wonder about X and it was eXtra large.
Tina
Oct 23, 2013 Tina rated it liked it
I absolutely love the illustrations, bu for some reason A to Z books are never all that fun.
Stacy
Jul 02, 2013 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wegivebooks
This is a cute halloween alphabet book.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Kristy
Kristy added it
Feb 25, 2016
Colby Harris
Colby Harris rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Library Project
Library Project marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
LESLIE ROSEBERRY
LESLIE ROSEBERRY rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Jeani
Jeani rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Renae Hukill
Renae Hukill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Leah
Leah added it
Jan 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tanya Lee Stone is an award-winning author of books for kids and teens. Her work, which includes YA fiction (A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl), picture books (Elizabeth Leads the Way and Sandy's Circus), and nonfiction (Almost Astronauts and The Good, the Bad, and the Barbie) has won national awards such as the ALA's Sibert Medal, SCBWI's Golden Kite Award, YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction, Jane Add ...more
More about Tanya Lee Stone...