Start by marking “Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)” as Want to Read:
Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)

Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  591 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Tsubasa thinks that her pretty and popular twin sister, Arisa, has the perfect life. Everyone at school loves Arisa—unlike the hot-tempered Tsubasa, whose nickname is “the Demon Princess.” But when Arisa attempts suicide, Tsubasa learns that her seemingly perfect sister has been keeping some dark secrets. Now Tsubasa is going undercover at school—disguised as Arisa—in sear...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Del Rey (first published September 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Arisa, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arisa, Vol. 02

Av Wexx
At first I thought that this was a manga about suicidal teens and heavy stuff like that, but by the second volume, I can tell that its not. There is this dude named King that the kids worship. Every Friday, fourth period, they have a cult-like meeting to get King to grant a wish.
No one knows who King was,and they all seem to know some things about Arisa's attempt that Tsubasa doesn't.
Possible suspects: Arisa herself
Manabe
Possible reasons for Arisa's attempt: A wish was made to King to goet...more
Jamie
Suspects as to who the KING really is:

Manabe (Arisa's classmate):
-I consider him to be a suspect because he comes out of no where and hits Tsubasa with a wooden poll. However, it seems as if he also hates the KING... maybe this is an act to fool Tsubasa.
-Tsubasa's friend sneaks into Manabe's home to find out tons of pictures of class 2B pinned to his wall. On his wall, it also contains the card that states that Arisa was a traitor. Manabe admits to Tsubasa that was all of his doing.

Arisa:
-Manab...more
Mike
Apr 20, 2013 Mike rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Arisa is a multiple layered story with mystery elements. I highly recommend starting at the beginning and reading in order.

** This review contains no spoilers for Arisa 2 but will have them for volume 1. **

Tsubasa, the delinquent "Demon Princess" of her high school, is investigating her seemingly perfect twin sister's secrets after Arisa's suicide attempt and has started to learn about the mysterious King controlling the class. She may have a lead on the King's identity, but how long can she pre...more
Robin Conley
I like this manga for the mystery. The story is basically that there is a mysterious person acting as "the King" who is granting wishes for a bunch of school kids. The wishes are turning dark and people are getting hurt. One of the hurt people is Arisa, and her twin sister is trying to find the "King" and stop them. The story is developing well, and I like the slow reveal going on with the characters. So far, it has been just fast enough to keep me interested. I look forward to see where the sto...more
Fara
Ternyata dua king di sekolah and udah bisa nebak who's king
Tanya
Wow, read this on my way to work and couldn't believe how much ground was covered. (view spoiler) I did not expect this volume to be so gripping, and I'm curious about where the story can go fr...more
Elissa
The plot thickens! :)

Yeah, you could see some stuff coming from a mile away, but it doesn't change the fact that I really liked the second installment. We get a real suspect, discover that Arisa may not be all that perfect, and develop more character relationships. The whole "missing" incident at the hospital was a little far-fetched and there are some forehead slapping moments with Tsubasa, but overall, great second book. Can't wait to read more!
Annette
Here, arises sister is well within the high school and has managed to convince everyone that she is in fact her twin sister. However, she has yet to discover who this king person is, and when she attempts to discover his identity, she is almost drowned in a pool! How's that for a twist? As she gets closer and closer to the secrets of king time, she realizes that this is not a game, and that the king may be behind arisas attempt at suicide.
Megan Sanchez
A strong first volume is followed by an absolutely stellar volume 2! The mystery of The King gets much darker and there are more twists and turns than I can possibly describe. Some where a little out there and some I could see coming, but I now have some series suspects in mind and I'm excited to get volume three!
Robert J. Roland
Arisa is really is an amazing book. I'm shocked how Arisa goes missing from the hospital but it is a little farfetched though. On top of that I don't trust Manabe. I don't know what it is about him but I can't figure it out. I'm possitive though that he isn't the king though. I do wonder who the king is however.
Lara
Wooo, the plot thickens! While Tsubasa gets closer to finding out the secret of who the King really is, others are onto the secret of who she actually is as well! Definitely a fun series--I'm going to keep going with it!
Emmy Lou
The twisted mystery continues!

Turns out Arisa was originally the King, but now someone has taken away her power and is threatening her. And Tsubasa's cover has been blown... the wrath of the King is heading her way!
Selena
The plot thickens.

Currently it's skating along the border of "getting ridiculous" but staying on the right side. Still in the realm of believable for now, though. On the border is a good place for this one, though. :)
Miriam
Sep 26, 2013 Miriam added it
I love graphic novels! Again, such a good series especially for you manga geeks out there like me, it is very sad as well as funny and the plot is so cool. It is basically one big mystery!
Sara
Instead of revolving around a love triangle, this series revolves around a mystery and it's kinda fun. Not amazing like Kitchen Princess, but still pretty good.
Sandy
Love the entire series! I kept hoping Manabe and Tsubasa were going to fall in love but they never did!
Rachael Graham
A bit different from your average shojo with elements of mystery, suspense and LOTS of twists. Good fun.
Leah Webber
I wish the pacing was a bit faster in this volume. I felt like barely anything got done.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Four stars only because there was a scene in the middle that I found very confusing.
Kristine Pratt
Just what has Arisa gotten herself into? The suspense builds. Arisa in danger?
Brittany
The more I find out the more questions are brought up. Will def keep reading.
Ceci
I loved book 1&2 especially 2 were she relized arisa was part of the king.
Meghann
Aug 21, 2014 Meghann rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
I liked it a lot better then vol 1 cant wait to read vol 3 !
Katy
This story has me hanging on every page! Love it.
  • Special A, Vol. 15 (Special A, #15)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 05 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #5)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 04
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 5
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 4
  • Kieli, Vol. 2
  • Papillon 2
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)