Start by marking “Sins of Omission” as Want to Read:
Sins of Omission

Sins of Omission (Sins #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  344 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Beloved "New York Times" bestselling author Fern Michaels sweeps readers from war-torn France to the dawn of Hollywood's golden age in this spellbinding novel of love and deception. . .When Reuben Tarz meets Marchioness Michelene Fonsard, known as Madame Mickey, he is a wounded American soldier desperate to escape the hell of the French trenches. Madame Mickey offers anoth ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Zebra Books (first published October 14th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of Omission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of Omission

Jessica McReaderpants
Well written but I has some serious problems with the logic of this book. (Spoiler alert) I am supposed to believe that someone can get so drunk that they mistake a short 17 year old for a 42 year old woman with whom you have been sleeping with and that that extremely inebriated person would be able to pin down and maintain an erection (whiskey dick not withstanding) forcibly rape said 17 year old. Really Fern, really? Then he loves Mickey (the 42 year old) so much that he can't tell her the tru ...more
Laurel
I picked up this book and was immediately hooked and bought it. The beginning setting is WWI in a French hospital filled with injured American soldiers. It was well written, but none of the characters were someone with which I could identify. It was definitely interesting, and the beginning is really good. As I continued to read I realized the book was rather smutty.

The title is very appropriate. Everybody "omits" telling somebody else and these sins of omission change the outcome of their live
Diane
This was definitely not what I was expecting when I chose this book. The characters are deceitful, deceptive, and a whole host of other things that are not pleasant to read about. I was anxious to get to the end but was not happy with the ending. I'm guessing the second book will answer some of the questions that were left hanging though I'm not looking forward to reading it.
Alissa
This book is pretty long (like 600+ pages!) and really good. I was always lost in the story and how it flowed. Even though it is set back in the early 1900's I could relate to the story. I sometimes have a hard time understanding what life was like back then since I have no clue, but this story was a story of the characters not the settings. Also, I loved how human the people are. They aren't some fluff that nobody can understand. Bebe is a spoiled brat but also someone who can love deeply. Reub ...more
Krishna Feldman
I finished this but didn't enjoy the horrible relationships which just continued through out. The next book was more of the same so I stopped reading it.
Jill
This book truly surprised me. Picked it out from a stack of "fluff" books that Aunt leant to me. I love historical fiction and I can't wait to read the sequel to this one!
Susan Reed
Sometimes you just need a little fun, easy, mindless popular fiction for beach reading.
Missghana77
Wow what an amazing story. long book but very good.
Ashley
There are not many positives to say about this book. I was bored through most of it and to be frank, it just was not good. This book is a love triangle gone all wrong. Wealth, power, or love? Seems like wealth and power were much more important, which is unfortunate. Some spots leave you hanging and saying what?? There were many characters that had no relevance to the plot of the story. If there was a question below this review asking if I would recommend this book to others, I'd say no.
Maureen Wasacase
I was disappointed in this book. Very shallow characters and they are not really defined well, therefore the reader can't invest themselves in the characters and/or the story. I am reading the second book and am still not enthralled but will plug along and finish the book. I am a huge Fern Michaels fan and have read just about everything she has written. These 2 books do not, in my estimation, live up to her high standards.
Rachel
I am not tpyically a romance novel fan, my mother left it at my house and well, it was a book so I decided to read it. The plot was actually really good, the character development was good. As a personal opinion, I would have liked for more to have been revealed to the main characters but alas, the title would not be the title if there weren't some things "omitted"
Rebecca
If I didn't give it one star you wouldn't know I had rated it but one is a gift. If character development were as completely handled as the sexual encounters, the book might have had a chance. The sex scenes were traditional bodice ripper trite and the characters were plastic and caricatures. Not wasting any more time on this when there are so many more choices.
Dendera
I'm a big fan of Fern Michaels, but I had to give this book a 3.5 stars rating, cuz it was not one of my favourites of hers. She has written other more captivating books than this one. And the heroine, the blonde American girl "Bebe" was a complete shrew!! I wanted to smack her silly all through the novel..Can't believe I even put up with such a character!
Amos
of Walmart 8/6/2010. Started pm 11/9/2010 (busy) slow start. I am not that much into Movie trivia and much of this was just like that perhaps even imitation movie trivia. I don't follow current movies let alone the details of the silent films.
The reminises of the battles of WW1 were stark mimimalist. perhaps true but filtered. finis late pm
Cali
Mar 11, 2012 Cali rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cali by: my mom
I do like this book but I guess I just assumed there was going to be a happy ending (which still might happen; I know this is book 1 of 2) but I have a feeling it's going to be more of a bittersweet ending. I think that by the end I'll get what it's all about but right now the characters just aren't doing what I want them to do. :)
Patricia Solla
Interesting storyline. The author starts with WWI and end just before WWII. The characters are well developed if a little strange. This is a very wordy book. It held my attention and it's a sort of to be continued. I liked the descriptions of the War, the French countryside, and the interaction of the characters.
Rose Hardee
I really struggled to get through this. I could not believe how stupid the characters were how completely unbelievable the story line was. Why on earth would a girl/woman woo and marry a man who hates her and has rapped her? And then stay married to him after he has rapped her again?
Christine US
Drudgery...it had a few moments of being good, but they weren't enough to earn it even an "eh, it was ok". Honestly, if they'd cut out about 100 pages of the whining, the constant descriptions and the pointless nattering, it might've been better
Terri
Finished this yesterday and enjoyed it a LOT! Great characters, wonderful women's fiction plot that reminds me of all the "greats" I read in the 70's and 80's. Now can't wait to read the sequel, Sins of the Flesh.
Karen
takes to post WWI the goldenage of hollywood silent stars and scandal. Two friends are challenged by the presence of Bebe Rosen --The friendship is tested. I like this but it is not as good as the texas Trilogy etc
JANET
I ENJOYED THIS BOOK. IT CONTAINED MANY SECRETS AND THEY WOULD HAVE ALL PRODUCED TOTALLY DIFFERENT RESULTS IN EVERYONE'S LIVES IF THEY HAD BEEN REVEALED. IT KEPT THE READER GUESSING OF WHAT WAS NEXT.
Heather

Dragged on. Felt as if the author was trying to fill the pages with pointless info. Was very disappointed because it started off well.
Maggie61
There were two books in this series, another great release from Fern Michaels. I miss her books that were like this one.
Licia
One of my favorite series of all time. Fern Michaels at her best. I was captivated by the story and the characters. LOVED it!!!!
Jen
Overall this was a good book, although I got frustrated with the characters at different points during the book.
marilyn
I have both in hardback,autograaphed by ms.Michaels,wanted her to write a sequel.
Laura Lee
Paris after WWI, Hollywood in the 20's and 30's, so of course I loved.
Carol Holcomb
This book seems like there should be a sequel to finish the story.
Katherine Totten
Slow start, but picked up and was worth the read.
Joan
Another excellent duo of books!
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Deconstructing Lila
  • The Last Good Man
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • The Wonder Worker
  • The Boss's Wife For A Week
  • To Kiss a Frog
  • Killing Spree
  • The Next Mrs. Blackthorne (Bitter Creek, #6)
  • Riding the Waves
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
  • Stand-in Groom/Time Enough for Love
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • A Woman's Heart (Irish Castlelough Trilogy, #1)
  • Match Made in Wyoming (Wyoming Wildflowers, #2)
  • Tangled Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Two Days of a Dream
  • Something Wicked
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)