Start by marking “Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)

Dark Moon (Changeling #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  387 ratings  ·  28 reviews

A few short months ago, Trey Laporte learned the news that would change him forever: He is a werewolf, and the evil vampire Caliban wants him dead. The threat becomes real when Caliban attacks Trey’s mentor, Lucien Charron, and leaves him fighting for his life.

Published February 1st 2011 by Feiwel & Friends (first published August 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Moon

Zaid
This is the second book in the Changeling Wereling series by Steve Feasey, since I read and enjoyed the first book, I couldn't wait to get started!

This book fits the bingo box "A Fantasy book."

Trey had, in the last couple of months, learnt not only that he was a werewolf but that he was being hunted by the evil vampire Caliban who wanted him dead!

Trey remains my favourite character in this book as he now accepts that he is a werewolf and his powers get stronger and he works on his relationships
Arick Strauser
Preview:

How: I did this by looking at the graphics, the chapter headings, and cover.

By previewing the cover, I think it has something to do with being outside. There is a moon and a person floating in the sky. Also by looking at the novel cover, I preview and see it’s going to be erie. Also, the top of the cover states “Is he a Lover or a Killer” I preview and think a main character is going to pose an interesting challenge to other characters in the novel.

By looking at the inside graphic suc
Gmr
Jan 27, 2011 Gmr rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Gmr by: Feiwel and Friends
Okay so if you haven't read the first one, this one is bound to have a spoiler or two...just be warned.

Trey Laporte has spent most of his life hoping to have the one thing that many of us take for granted....a family. Now that he has one, no matter how unorthodox it may be, he plans on keeping it. Unfortunately, there are outside forces that have other ideas...much darker and fouler than the blackest night. Lucien Charron, his new mentor and guardian of sorts, is in grave danger. He may not be a
Alyssa hoffmaster
book reviewd on: http://thebookblogexperience.blogspot...

Dark moon is the second book in the wereling series, this book is action packed with suspense and excitement. Each page you turn makes it even more suspenseful wondering what’s going to happen next.
In the first book Trey found out he was a werewolf, Caliban, one of the most powerful vampires in the world is trying to kill trey but Lucian got him before he could get hurt. Lucian mentored Trey and gave him a place to stay but he wasn’t safe
J.
This book is the second in the WEREling series, the US release of what is known as the Changeling series in the UK. This installment is non-stop and action-packed, filled with excitement. The suspense of wondering what was going to happen to all of the characters kept me reading quickly on the edge of my seat.

Trey's powers as a werewolf are developing and becoming stronger, and this adventure to acquire the Globe, a magical object that can save Lucien's life, fully tests his abilities both physi
Teri
Dark Moon is book two in the Wereling series.
Here is a blurb on the series, from Goodreads:

Gwendolin, a wicked sorceress, holds the only key to saving Lucien. Together, Trey and Lucien’s beautiful daughter, Alexa, must enter the Netherworl
Azalea
I've only speed-skimmed through this one in three hours or so, because the prose reads as entertaining and attractive as a shopping list, with some occasional purple prose thrown in to keep with the fanfiction levels: "White sheets had been stretched smooth over Lucien's body, [...], tracing the hills and valleys of his body to create a miniature landscape of virginal snow." Good LORD. Also, cue Tom still being refered to as "the Irishman". Dude. I know he's Irish, you already told me. In book o ...more
Leanne Bell
The Changeling series is one of those rare ones that are enjoyable for children but just as much (if not more!) for adults! I'm writing this around a year after i read it so i apologise for any mistakes in advance.

Dark Moon picks up where Changeling left off, or there abouts. Lucien is still in a coma after being attacked by his brother and it is now down to Alexa, Trey, Tom and their friend Charles to fine Alexa's mother and the magical artifact she owns in order to save his life.

What follows i
Cheryl
In Changeling: Dark Moon (book two in the series), Trey, Alexa, Tom and Charles are on a mission to try and save Lucien, Alexa’s father, who was bitten by his brother, Caliban. Lucien is now dying because of it and the only thing that can save him is Mynor’s Globe, which is in the possession of Gwendolin, Alexa’s mother, an evil mage who is working with Caliban. There’s still a spy on the loose in Lucien’s offices, so the group has to be careful as they try and track down the location of the Tow ...more
What a great series this is...I am in love with the characters - though, this book was not nearly as funny as the first - I enjoyed it nearly as much - there's still the same old fear that rised with in me while reading it - and the introduction to Charles was awesome, I loved how in the beginning he and Trey were not friends but as time went on, they became that way.

Steve Feasey is a fav. of mine, I love his work - and now I am off to pick up Blood Wolf - as the ending of this one left me dang
Krit-ISB Phosamritlert
Jessica at Book Sake
If a book has great characters, I’m in. This book fits the part. The characters throughout the story are varied and unique. Though the story did have some flaws. There were parts of it that didn’t make any sense from being continued from the first book. But all in all this book was great and I cannot wait to read the next Wereling book.

Reviewed by Kole for Book Sake.
Dayna Smith
The second Wereling novel in this series. Trey and his friends must find a way into Caliban's fortress to steal a magical talisman that will save Lucien's life. But will everyone make it out alive? Will Alexa be able to cope with what her mother has become? As exciting as the first novel, the ending will surprise and whet the appetite for the next book in the series. Boys will really enjoy this series!
~Tina~
I absolutely adore this series!
Changeling: Dark Moon is fun, imaginative and fascinating!
Some of it reminds me of HP with a twist of Percy Jackson.
The plot is thick, the characters are a blast and the writing is brilliant!

Trilling, captivating, compelling! Love it!
Can't wait to get book 3!
Heather Taylor
This is the second Wereling book. The first one I skimmed a little but it kept me interested enough to read the second one. I liked this book. The nice thing is it is a good read for boys and girls and it is really clean.
Callista
Despite the book's cover, this is not a werewolf romance book (thank goodness.) It was actually pretty good, and did a good job of continuing the story from the first book in the series.
Diane
Loved part two of this series! Feasey does not disappoint with this book. YA readers along with adult readers will enjoy this paranormal/werewolf novel. Enjoy!
Austin
This book was better then the first but not by much. Both have had interesting story lines and characters, but there was no action until later in the book.
Thasc
An exciting story. The chapters inside the tower were full of mystery and suspense. I'm glad that Lucien is ok.
Abigail Partis
I read this book thinking it was the first one, but i found it easy to get into and understand and boy did I love it!
Helen Kirby
really enjoyed this book looking forward to read the 3rd installment which i got out the library yesterday
Samantha Hastings
The plot moves quickly to a page-turning climax. The novel ends setting up a sequel.
Stephen Thomas
It was ok but not as good as the first book
Emily
It was unbelieving! Really well written....
Jordan
Completely terrible...
Lauren East
full of action
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Do-Over
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 1
  • Mars, Volume 02
  • On Fire: A Teen Wolf Novel
  • Red Moon Rising
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • Animal Academy: Hakobune Hakusho, Volume 1
  • Pretty Dead
  • The Woman in the Wall
  • Shelter (Blood Haze, #1)
Steve Feasey was born in Watford, Hertfordshire, UK in 1968. From a modest background, he found escape in books, and spent much of his time in his local library. Always an avid reader, he only began writing in his late thirties, but was fortunate to land a publishing deal for his very first book, Changeling.

More about Steve Feasey...
Wereling (Wereling, #1) Changeling: Blood Wolf Changeling: Demon Games Changeling: Zombie Dawn Steve Feasey Collection: Dark Moon, Blood Wolf, Changeling, Changeling Demon Games (Changeling, #1-4)