Start by marking “Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy, #1)

Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy #1)

Blush: This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic) Samantha Wells has lived through more hell in her short life than most. At the age of eight her serene life was turned upside down. Her parents were brutally murdered and Sam barely escaped with her life. But she didn't do it alone — a soft calm voice led her to safety, the voice of her spirit guide.Disguise ...more
Published (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Black Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Smoke

Apr 20, 2010 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowza! I'm not even sure where to begin!! People, (that's you) go get this book now! If you're a fan of steamy paranormal romance then you need to pick up "Black Smoke." I was really impressed with Robin's action-packed and quick paced writing.
This book had me from the first page and I kept reading because I NEEDED to know what would happen. The action didn't stop till this book was finished and boy, I was so sad when it finished!
The characters in this story were totally engaging and I wanted t
Apr 29, 2010 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha hasn't had an easy life. Actually, that is an understatement. Samantha lost both of her parents at the hands of a murder and she nearly shared their fate. How did she survive while her parents did not? A spirit helped her escape and now the spirit is working through Samantha to help others in similar situations. Everything is going well until she has to help a military team who do not want a beautiful woman distracting their rescue tactics and saving a scientist in Afghanistan. Can Sam ...more
Apr 19, 2010 Chrissy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed reading this book from the beginning to the end. It is action packed threw and threw, a can't put down read. I describe it as action packed, Romance with a hint of Paranormal. Defiantly a book to pick up and enjoy.

The characters in the book (Sam, Boomer, Ricochet and Kong) are easy to follow and get to know. I love a book that allows me to get to know and leave me wanting to know more and more about the character.

Sam is so use to being on her own not relying on any one and certainly no
Read from April 20 to 21, 2012
This is the first book by Robin Leigh Miller that i have read. I got it free from Amazon and I have to say I really enjoyed this story. I love a strong heroine that can kick butt and still be a women. The story made me smile and cry at times and that makes it a great read. It pulls you in and you don't want to but it down till the end.
Will be checking out other book by Miller.

Reread from March 1-3 2014
I enjoyed it just as much the second time around.
Oct 30, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Wells had been eight years old when her parent's had been brutally murdered in their own home and although she tried to helped them the door seemed to get farther away the more steps that she took to it and finally a soft voice whispered in her head to go out of the window. Since then, she had nightmares about their deaths and her being stabbed in the back three times and left for dead by the evil men that made her an orphan. Now, Sam was an adult and had taken fighting classes once her ...more
Jeanie Jackson
When I first notice Ellorah's Cavern books, I never imaged they were books that I would add to Goodreads. I am only doing casual reads and still I am a snob. This book, this trilogy deserves to be recognize in the just for fun romance and adventure category.
I thought it sounded kind of interesting but it was MUCH more than I expected. I, absolutely loved it and had to get the other two immediately. Solid action adventure with a female protagonist. Loved the guys as much as I did Sam.
Because her
Feb 06, 2013 Lance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, romance, own-a-copy
This story of a woman who lost her parents at age 8 and was called to help other people not suffer the same horrible fate is a nice story for readers of several genres. There is action as Sam, the heroine, teams up with three Special Ops men to rescue a hostage in Afghanistan. There is romance as Sam falls for Lt. Mark "Kong" Lowe, who also is fighting demons from his childhood. There is a strong paranormal element as both Sam and Kong are guided by spirits from their pasts.

While reading the bo
Laura Duval
May 19, 2015 Laura Duval rated it it was amazing
Loved It...Full of Everything Good

Wow I've read this book three times now and still love. it's packed full of action, adventure, a strong heroine, very strong alpha males, life lessons and all around page turner. Sam is an amazing woman. The guys are awesome. Kong started as an arse but he grows on you. Let's not forget Ricochet and Boomer. Loved those two. Best brothers from another mother any person can have.
Oct 03, 2014 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a freebie from Amazon for Kindle.

Can I just say, DAMN! Sam, the heroine, is one kick ass chick! I don't want to give spoilers, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say otherwise.

The story was quick, interesting, sad, and romantic. I've never read a story with 'spirit guides' before and I was quickly hooked on the concept. I felt like Kong, the hero, was a decent guy, but so much time was spent on his learning to trust Sam, we didn't get to learn much about their feelings for
Maria Murray
The passion between Sam and Mark was incredible. However, the writing wasn't the best and I wasn't a fan of the supernatural/ghost spirit aspect. I think I would have liked it better if Sam just was that good at being a badass. If you're looking for a quick read, I'd suggest reading it. It's interesting for sure.
Lacie (Darkangel78)
Loved this one! I'll definitely be checking out more by this author.
Oct 28, 2014 Priscilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!
Dec 17, 2008 Bitten_by_Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: polly
A contract operative who specializes in retrieval, Black Smoke’s identity is known only to one man and he isn’t telling. With countless missions to learn from Black Smoke has more than a good memory to rely on...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Black Smoke in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Paullei Mumme
Apr 29, 2012 Paullei Mumme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy smoke was this a good book. Ms. Miller created a strong female protagonist and supporting cast that weaves story with mystery and intrigue combined with a hint of humor, an undercurrent of animal magnetism and enough realism to captivate the reader. As soon as I finished Black Smoke I started the second book of the series.
I'm afraid I can't even muster the energy to feign interest long enough to get to another that may or may not actually be interesting later on in the novel. Filed under feelings labeled "Not worth the time of day."
C.L. Parks
May 13, 2012 C.L. Parks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good! Sam was a strong female, Kong was sexy, and I want to hang out with Ricochet and Boomer! I can't wait to read more from this author!
Amanda Halbert
Jul 31, 2013 Amanda Halbert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book
Maggie added it
Oct 19, 2016
Samantha rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
B added it
Oct 07, 2016
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Kyla rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Mz Steph
Mz Steph marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
TheOneTree AU
TheOneTree AU marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Michelle Boyea
Michelle Boyea marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Creating Merry Hell (Natural Charm, #1)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Gatekeeper (Phantom Lovers #1)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • All In (Be-Wished, #1)
  • Chasing Sunset (Sunset #1)
  • Trouble with Harry (Trouble, #1)
  • Lynda's Lace (City Heat, #1)
  • Seven Minutes in Heaven (Naughty Games, #1)
  • Dance of the Seven Veils (Dance, #1)
  • Wicked Desires (Wicked Affairs, #1)
  • Alcandian Quest (Alcandians, #1)
  • Bluestone Song (Welcome to Bluestone, #2)
  • Dark Moon Magic
Robin Leigh Miller resides in central Pennsylvania with her husband, three children, German Shepard Tae' and mutt hound Bailey. She now lives a quiet, subdued life in comparison to her younger years of dirt track racing in stock cars. An adrenaline junky, these days she enjoys putting her characters through their paces.

Action, adventure and a touch of paranormal can be found in her books. "Enter a
More about Robin Leigh Miller...

Agent of Mercy (3 books)
  • Boomer’s Fall (Agent of Mercy, #2)
  • Ricochet's Rogue (Agent of Mercy, #3)