Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy, #1)

Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Blush: This is a suggestive romance (love scenes are not graphic) Samantha Wells has lived through more hell in her short life than most. At the age of eight her serene life was turned upside down. Her parents were brutally murdered and Sam barely escaped with her life. But she didn't do it alone — a soft calm voice led her to safety, the voice of her spirit guide.Disguise...more
Published (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Black Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Smoke

Kristina
Wowza! I'm not even sure where to begin!! People, (that's you) go get this book now! If you're a fan of steamy paranormal romance then you need to pick up "Black Smoke." I was really impressed with Robin's action-packed and quick paced writing.
This book had me from the first page and I kept reading because I NEEDED to know what would happen. The action didn't stop till this book was finished and boy, I was so sad when it finished!
The characters in this story were totally engaging and I wanted t...more
Bridget
Samantha hasn't had an easy life. Actually, that is an understatement. Samantha lost both of her parents at the hands of a murder and she nearly shared their fate. How did she survive while her parents did not? A spirit helped her escape and now the spirit is working through Samantha to help others in similar situations. Everything is going well until she has to help a military team who do not want a beautiful woman distracting their rescue tactics and saving a scientist in Afghanistan. Can Sam...more
Chrissy

I enjoyed reading this book from the beginning to the end. It is action packed threw and threw, a can't put down read. I describe it as action packed, Romance with a hint of Paranormal. Defiantly a book to pick up and enjoy.

The characters in the book (Sam, Boomer, Ricochet and Kong) are easy to follow and get to know. I love a book that allows me to get to know and leave me wanting to know more and more about the character.

Sam is so use to being on her own not relying on any one and certainly no...more
Ellen
Read from April 20 to 21, 2012
This is the first book by Robin Leigh Miller that i have read. I got it free from Amazon and I have to say I really enjoyed this story. I love a strong heroine that can kick butt and still be a women. The story made me smile and cry at times and that makes it a great read. It pulls you in and you don't want to but it down till the end.
Will be checking out other book by Miller.

Reread from March 1-3 2014
I enjoyed it just as much the second time around.
Linda
Samantha Wells had been eight years old when her parent's had been brutally murdered in their own home and although she tried to helped them the door seemed to get farther away the more steps that she took to it and finally a soft voice whispered in her head to go out of the window. Since then, she had nightmares about their deaths and her being stabbed in the back three times and left for dead by the evil men that made her an orphan. Now, Sam was an adult and had taken fighting classes once her...more
Jeanie Jackson
When I first notice Ellorah's Cavern books, I never imaged they were books that I would add to Goodreads. I am only doing casual reads and still I am a snob. This book, this trilogy deserves to be recognize in the just for fun romance and adventure category.
I thought it sounded kind of interesting but it was MUCH more than I expected. I, absolutely loved it and had to get the other two immediately. Solid action adventure with a female protagonist. Loved the guys as much as I did Sam.
Because her...more
Lance
This story of a woman who lost her parents at age 8 and was called to help other people not suffer the same horrible fate is a nice story for readers of several genres. There is action as Sam, the heroine, teams up with three Special Ops men to rescue a hostage in Afghanistan. There is romance as Sam falls for Lt. Mark "Kong" Lowe, who also is fighting demons from his childhood. There is a strong paranormal element as both Sam and Kong are guided by spirits from their pasts.

While reading the bo...more
Lyndi
This was a freebie from Amazon for Kindle.

Can I just say, DAMN! Sam, the heroine, is one kick ass chick! I don't want to give spoilers, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say otherwise.

The story was quick, interesting, sad, and romantic. I've never read a story with 'spirit guides' before and I was quickly hooked on the concept. I felt like Kong, the hero, was a decent guy, but so much time was spent on his learning to trust Sam, we didn't get to learn much about their feelings for...more
Maria Murray
The passion between Sam and Mark was incredible. However, the writing wasn't the best and I wasn't a fan of the supernatural/ghost spirit aspect. I think I would have liked it better if Sam just was that good at being a badass. If you're looking for a quick read, I'd suggest reading it. It's interesting for sure.
Bitten_by_Books
A contract operative who specializes in retrieval, Black Smoke’s identity is known only to one man and he isn’t telling. With countless missions to learn from Black Smoke has more than a good memory to rely on...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Black Smoke in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Paullei Mumme
Holy smoke was this a good book. Ms. Miller created a strong female protagonist and supporting cast that weaves story with mystery and intrigue combined with a hint of humor, an undercurrent of animal magnetism and enough realism to captivate the reader. As soon as I finished Black Smoke I started the second book of the series.
S.
I'm afraid I can't even muster the energy to feign interest long enough to get to another that may or may not actually be interesting later on in the novel. Filed under feelings labeled "Not worth the time of day."
C.L. Parks
This book was really good! Sam was a strong female, Kong was sexy, and I want to hang out with Ricochet and Boomer! I can't wait to read more from this author!
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 18, 2014
Mikki Bicknell
Mikki Bicknell marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Phuong
Phuong marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Nurka
Nurka marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Katreia
Katreia marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sid333
Sid333 marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Alcandian Quest (Alcandians, #1)
  • Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf #1)
  • 'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Let Them Eat Cake (Vampire Sentinel, #1)
  • Distracting the Duchess
  • Wildblossom
  • Vampire Justice (d'Argent Honor, #1)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Be My Vampire Tonight (Darklander Lovers, #1)
  • Midnight (Dark Promises, #1)
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Maneater (Special Investigations Agency, #12)
  • All In (Be-Wished, #1)
Robin Leigh Miller resides in central Pennsylvania with her husband, three children, German Shepard Tae' and mutt hound Bailey. She now lives a quiet, subdued life in comparison to her younger years of dirt track racing in stock cars. An adrenaline junky, these days she enjoys putting her characters through their paces.

Action, adventure and a touch of paranormal can be found in her books. "Enter a...more
More about Robin Leigh Miller...
Spliced Boomer’s Fall (Agent of Mercy, #2) Ricochet's Rogue (Agent of Mercy, #3) Marauder Tempest’s Gift (Elemental Challenges #3)