Start by marking “Ride (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ride (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #4)

Ride (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana #4)

Bull rider Risa Forrester and Sheriff Duke Boone have been dancing around their attraction for the better part of a year now. Almost everyone in Quinten, Montana can see it, even though Risa and Duke have never so much as kissed, let alone anything more. Risa has been in love with the sheriff for a long time and senses Duke feels something for her too. He’s so damned rigid ...more
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride

Mspink
Mar 29, 2010 Mspink rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a new author to add to my faves. This is one good writer. Its not your typical quintessential romance novel. The writing was done in such a meaningful way, I was brought to tears more than once. The emotions that so clearly came through the pages were so vivid. You could feel how much these two individuals loved each other, as well as the other characters from previous stories. Even characters from future books in the series shined through in a way that makes you determined to read their ...more
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

I didn't like this book. It's sad because I had high hopes for Duke Boone and was looking forward to his story. Unfortunately, I didn't like how Duke was portrayed. His concern for Risa's safety while bull riding was well-founded but he vacillated from acting like a control-freak to a love-starved teenager. I thought he was better than that and he got ripped off. As for Risa? Well, I liked her even less. She was selfish, bitchy, and uncompromising. I believe and support chasing one's dr
luv2reed
Hmm, well I really wanted to like this book, because I LOVED the rest of the series. I really liked Risa's character, very strong together person. Gave that bonehead way to many chances. For being a guy twice her age he acted like an immature self indulgent child. All I kept thinking - girl you need to kick that ass to the curb. And btw - NO foreplay - none, nada. Wham bam thank you ma'am. I don't think they even got their jeans off half the time. I don't know about anyone else but I want some s ...more
Teresa
Nov 16, 2011 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western, hot
SOLID five stars, and I'm definitely a big fan of Cameron Dane , effective immediately...I loved "The Ultimate Kink" to pieces, and "Ride" is no exception. I don't read m/m-stories, unfortunately, but I hope she will write more m/f...and I found out that there's a big advantage in reading the occasional m/f-book by an m/m-author: Cameron Dane is corageous enough to write men not afraid to let women play with their butts...and thta's so H-A-W-T, dammit...
What's even more important: Dane writes a
Michelle [Helen Geek]
2 stars - maybe less. I really liked a short story I read by this author, so thought to give the longer format a try. Not impressed. Not much to this one really. I liked the story line ... a young female bullrider and an older man -- small town northwest. Sounded good for a change, so why not. It started good and had some hot romance, but about half way through, the story became tedious and the only real difference was an increase in the kink factor.

Erotica, if in a good story, I'm fine with and
Emmie
Mar 13, 2012 Emmie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I guess, meh-ish with moments where I thought I would like it more. It stayed pretty one note, and the author occasionally made Risa sound like a muscle beast a few times. Which was weird. I don't think they had to emphasize her physical strengths so much, that started to be her defining factor to me. I felt like it was used to represent her internal toughness and resilience which is frustratingly blatant. Also- I would have liked her to acknowledge that 20 yrs is a legit age difference and then ...more
Brenda (b)
Very good story. I loved Risa and Duke. I thought the decision Duke made about Risa's bull riding was the right one. I enjoyed the glimpses of couples from previous books: Ren and Cade and Luke and Cain.
Kazza
Feb 20, 2012 Kazza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another 4 star read from Cameron Dane. I love this Quinten/Montana/Hawkins Ranch series.

Both characters are already familiar through Falling onwards and I'm glad to see them get their own book.

Sheriff Duke Boone is 44 and still recovering from his marriage to Brenda. We get to see Brenda's damaged ways in Renecade and more snippets in Ride. He's a very good man, he raised Brenda's son Ren (his non-biological, adopted son) and now it's his turn to get some good sexual healing and loving in his l
Lenore
I was going to give this a solid 4 stars but I changed my mind because of the last part of the book. The reason? (view spoiler) ...more
Judith
Jan 25, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We often encounter the "cougar" stories these days, but here you have a romance which involves a sheriff that is nearly twenty years older than a young woman who is a semi-professional bull rider and who owns the local general story/western wear store. She has been in love with the sheriff for years and he has consistently pushed her away citing age, etc. The road to true love for these two is never easy as he cannot seem to get past his opposition to her bull riding and his fear for her safety. ...more
Karyn
Considering how much i look forward to reading this one given the little hints in the previous books, it turned out to be one big disappointment.
There is nothing more annoying than female characters living out the 'i understand him the best, better than he knows himself. He's suffering deep down inside even though he doesn't know it. All he needs is the LOVE OF A GOOD WOMAN (me) and he'll attain nirvana'

Fuck.
Renee
Jun 29, 2012 Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my absolute least favorite of the series. I guess it's too much to ask that all the hot cowboys in this small town be gay, huh? Oh well one can dream.

And why throw in a word like "snogged". I believe it went like this " she snogged the underside around the base and licked... Bla bla bla. What cowboy or cowgirl is gonna use the term snog referring to kissing.
Frances McNeal
May 06, 2011 Frances McNeal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Another great book in the Hawkins Ranch series. I love Risa again in this book. She is one strong woman who knows what she wants. Duke really fought his feelings throughout this whole book and I'm glad he was able to make it work. I ended up reading the book in one sitting because it was killing me to read what Duke was doing to their relationship. I had to keep going to see how it would end.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
I really enjoyed finally getting to read Duke & Risa's story. It was a long time coming, but worth the wait. I also enjoyed seeing some of the past characters again, Cain & Luke as well as Cade & Ren not to mention Caleb (yum!). As you can tell I am really looking forward to seeing how the next book plays out. I have very high hopes for Knowing Caleb!
Andy
Jun 08, 2013 Andy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Awww man, how disappointing, I really liked Duke but when it finally came to writing his love story it was just a big disappointment, which is shocking because I like Dane's other stories. :( It was like seeing an awesome slice of chocolate cake that looks super yummy, but when you bite into it you find it has very little flavor and when you're finished you feel totally cheated and unsatisfied!
Juniper
Nov 11, 2009 Juniper rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, series
Another m/f mixed within in a series of m/m - I feel I have to read them as I worry that I may miss out on info that may have relevance later in the series. I do, however, like Cameron Dane & so this wasn't too much of a hardship. Likeable characters.
Jessie
Jun 30, 2014 Jessie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just rereading this book. I like Rise for most part... I like that she stands up to Duke and doesn't take his shit, but I thought she was hasty in many of her decisions. Over all I think this is a great addition to any library.
Diane
not a bad book at all, dealing with a younger heroine-24-and the older man she is in love with-44-who has rouble dealing with both the age difference between them and her choice of recreation--she's a pro bull rider! and the smex wasn't bad either!
Emily Moore
Oct 25, 2011 Emily Moore rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, straight
Noor
Apr 14, 2011 Noor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, cops, mystery, r-have
i loved the story.... i love the whole falling for the older man thing... ,the book was very real and fantasy at the same time..=)
Courtney
Jan 19, 2013 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Risa and Duke are one hot couple.
Manda
Aug 31, 2010 Manda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-space-sex
family and bull riding (not pnr)
Suzi
Suzi rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2014
Thaís
Thaís rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Essy.chase
Essy.chase rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Janie
Janie rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
May 05, 2011
Meaghan Hart
Meaghan Hart rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Alyse
Alyse rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2012
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • Jesse
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Hard Ride Home
  • Coming Home
  • Fortune's Return (Good Fortune Ranch, #2)
  • Never Too Old
  • Seeing You
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Double Jeopardy (Strength in Numbers, #1)
  • Riding Heartbreak Road
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Rush in the Dark (Common Powers, #2)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • Long Tall Drink
I am an air force brat and spent most of my growing up years living overseas in Italy and England, as well as Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Virginia while we were stateside. I now live in Florida once again with my big, wonderfully pushy family and my three-legged cat, Harry. I have been reading romance novels since I was twelve years old, and twenty years later I still adore them. Currently, I have ...more
More about Cameron Dane...

Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana (7 books)
  • Demon Moon (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #1)
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • ReneCade (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #3)
  • Knowing Caleb (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #5)
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Quick to the Hunt (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #7)