Start by marking “A Study in Scandal” as Want to Read:
A Study in Scandal

A Study in Scandal (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society #1)

Who are the Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society: Four unconventional beauties banding together to unravel real-life mysteries?

or

Four best friends past the age of twenty with no marital prospects and nothing better to occupy their time?

Lady Amelia Watersfield's lighthearted detecting club becomes more than simply an intriguing diversion when her father's priceless Egyptian

Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Study in Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Study in Scandal

Vilia
Jan 01, 2014 Vilia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Review from Backchatting Books

Lady Amelia Watersfield is so fascinated by the idea of solving mysteries she sets up an amateur detecting club. She and her friends have an opportunity to hone their skills when an Egyptian bust belonging to her father is stolen. Inspector Colin Brindley who bears a strong resemblance to Amelia's fantasy vision of Sherlock Holmes finds Amelia and her friends intervening repeatedly in his investigation.

Amelia and Colin both irked me. For someone so enamoured of prop
ChloeLeeNH
May 06, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun. Robyn DeHart's website is great about background and I love that she gives pictures of who her H/H look like to her.
nurmawati
Dec 22, 2011 nurmawati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, hr, mystery, buku-eng

lupa bikin ripiu yang ini.....:p

gak gitu panjang ripiu nya soalnya udah agak lupa...

lady amelia : seorg lady yang sudah cukup umur untuk menikah tapi memilih buat enggak menikah dan menemani ayah nya yang eksentrik....

Inspector Colin Brindley : di sewa oleh ayah lady amelia buat mencari patung nefertity kesayangannya yang di curi dari rumahnya sendiri..
patung tersebut sangat berharga karena merupakan peninggalan ibunda amelia untuk ayah nya sebelum meninggal....

collin co yang tertutup, gak suka
Sep 01, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A copy of my amazon review.

This is my first book by this author and I grant it's not really my preference. The blurb sounded really interesting and what drew me in. The premise was good, if a little out there.

***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, READ AT YOUR WILL***

The hero (Colin) was alright, everything a hero in a romance book should be. I must say though that he was quite incompetent as an inspector. JMO of course.

Now for what really bugged me, the heroine (Amelia). On page 48 my opinion of her was ceme
Anne
Feb 15, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever and cute story of four spinsters who pretend they are amateur sleuths. When one of the girl's (lady Amelia Westerfield) father's priceless Egyptian head study of Nefertiti disappears, their sleuthing begins in earnest. The detective assigned to the case, Colin Brindley becomes a Sherlock Holmes substitute to Amelia and she is determined to "help" him find the culprit. at first he finds her annoying, but her wit and persistence soon has him seeing her in a different light.
Recommended.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also found at http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

The book is set in late 1800s just around the corner to the turn of the century. It is the first book in the series called Ladies Amateur Sleuth Society. Well, it was a fun read. I really like the quotes from Sherlock Holmes book. The two main characters are Amelia and Colin and they are trying to solve the mystery who stole her father's bust of Nefertiti.
If you are looking for a little mystery with your romance you might like reading this book.
That's
April Hollingworth
Fabulous and intriguing, it is a wonderful start to a four part series. I adored the characters, how they dealt with their fears and insecurities as well as the puzzle before them. Filled with humour and mystery, A study in Scandal is a delicious read.
Sarai
Oct 23, 2007 Sarai rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay and simply okay. Every once in a while I was surprised but for the most part it was just okay the characters were cute but nothing specific the lines were dull. This would be nice for a filler and nothing more.
Diane Peterson
A cute, sweet book. DeHart has a breezy, comfortable writing style that I enjoy. The plot was cute, but sort of silly. It was the developing relationship between the characters that made the book enjoyable. Nice.
Katie
Nov 13, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I picked this up for $2 at Garden Ridge, and I was surprised at how good of a read it was! Engaging characters and plot. I am interested to read her other novels.
Sally Kinane
Somehow the mystery got lost with too much dwelling on their passions. Result weak but predictable plot.
Christina
Least favorite of the Lady's Amateur Sleuth Society Series. Amelia just seems slightly immature for her age
Melanie
Waffled between a 2/3 star. It is a cute book for a quick weekend read but it is a bit silly.
Jewel
Mar 22, 2012 Jewel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thinking about it as it is 0.99$ at the moment
Angela
Dec 24, 2014 Angela marked it as to-read
9/10/2012: $0.99 on Kindle
Goddess of Chaos
Goddess of Chaos marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
DJ
DJ added it
Aug 15, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Katie Webster
Katie Webster marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2016
Burçak Kılıç
Burçak Kılıç marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Szilagyi
Szilagyi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2016
Jajungna
Jajungna rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Sgurbet
Sgurbet marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Gargoyle
Gargoyle marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
  • A Secret in Her Kiss
  • The Chance of a Lifetime
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • In My Heart (Donally Family, #1)
  • Tempting
  • How Miss Rutherford Got Her Groove Back
  • Tainted By Temptation
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Secrets To Seducing A Scot (Highland Knaves, #1)
  • Deceived
  • Night Life
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Dream Castle
  • A Candle in the Dark
  • The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits
  • The Scarab Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #5)
  • A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #1)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
National Bestselling author, Robyn DeHart’s novels have appeared in the top bestselling romance and historical romance lists. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages. Her historical romantic adventure series, The Legend Hunters, were not only bestsellers, but also award-winners, snagging a Reader’s Crown and a Reviewer’s Choice award. She had three releases in 2013 and 2014 wi ...more
More about Robyn DeHart...

Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society (4 books)
  • Deliciously Wicked (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #2)
  • Tempted at Every Turn (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #3)
  • A Marriage Most Convenient (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #4)