Start by marking “The Unforgiven (The Watchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Unforgiven (The Watchers, #1)

The Unforgiven (The Watchers #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Seven thousand years ago, angels descended from heaven to guide a fledgling human race. Known as the Watchers, they were forbidden to partake in carnal pleasures. But they could not resist the temptation, and as a result their descendants have been cursed—unnatural magical beings that belong neither to heaven nor fully to earth.

Cade was ordered to claim her for his clan. S

Published August 6th 2011 by Dorchester Publishing Trade (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unforgiven

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

I’m just going to say this right up front – I loved this story! But before I go into the reasons why, I want to give you a little background about me and my obsession with the Nephilim –

For as long as I can remember, since the first time I heard the word Nephilim, I wanted to know more about this race of beings. Were they truly the offspring of “fallen angels” and human women? Were they really cursed for the sins of their fathers? Giants or heroes, wicked or valiant, there are so few biblical r
All Things Urban Fantasy
THE UNFORGIVEN opens like a mid-series book; characters have complex and painful pasts, there are rivalries and vendettas, all of which were introduced through summaries or asides or context clues. I’d applaud this book for being easy to jump into, but when I circled back to find the start of the series I found... THE UNFORGIVEN.

While part of me is still in denial (looking for prequel novellas or books on another imprint), when I judge THE UNFORGIVEN as a true first in the series, the opening le
Jen (Red Hot Books)
As a frequent reader of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance, I can just tell when I'm jumping into a series midway through. It's something about the way the author talks about the backstory... in the way the characters are introduced... like there's all this stuff we're supposed to know already, but the author gives a quick recap/ info dump for the new readers just joining in. After reading the first chapter of this book, I would have bet you money that I missed a previous book in the series. T ...more
Hbeebti
This started kinda slow. There was a lot of info going on. For most of the book I was upset that Cade was going to enslave Maddie. That just bothered me to no end. The more he lied and led her to believe otherwise was killing me. Arthur was the biggest A**. I could not stand him. I would give this about a 3.5. I would read the next one if and when it comes out. Overall it wasn't bad for a first in a series .
Melindeeloo
When a rival clan, breeches the wards protecting Watcher/Nephalim Cade's clan, killing Cade's infant son and nearly anihilating his people, Cade's leader sends Cade on a mission to transition a woman from human to Nephalim, but in such a way as to enslave her in order to use her as a weapon against their rivals.

I really enjoyed the kick off to Nash's new Watcher series. There is sort of a romance in the Unforgiven, but there is so much more going on, as Nash brings to life a world in which the
Tracy
Jun 29, 2011 Tracy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of dark PNR/fantasy.
A Dark Debut Steeped In Mythos and History
They call themselves Watchers after the angels from whom they descend, but to those who hate and fear them they are called archdemons, abominable, vile beasts who feed on flesh and blood, who manipulate and corrupt the cherished humans around them. They are the bastard children of angels and humans. Abominations to heaven and cursed for it, denied heaven, denied hell. They are the Nephilim.

And it so sucks to be them.

Grouped in clans based on their angel
Julia
I would applaud this book for being easy to jump into, but I was shocked to find it's the first in the series. I would not be surprised to find prequel novellas or novels on another imprint, there is so much backstory laying on the table it would be a shame if this was truly book 1. While I picked up the overall gist of the plot, none of the characters other than Maddie were introduced in a way that felt like a true "first time introduction".

Well paced with an interesting mythology, my main com
Laura the Highland Hussy

The beginning starts out with a bang, but shortly thereafter, I feel as if there is some sort of backstory I’m supposed to know. There are two characters who right off the bat feel as if it’s their story-Artur and Cybele. But it isn’t their story, and I’m sure they’re being set up for one, but they are not the hero heroine. I actually had to read the blurb again to see if I was wrong, but nope, the H/h are Cade and Maddie, and they were introduced later on
Karen
I'm still looking for that perfect Angel story. Unfortunately, The Unforgiven, although steeped in angel mythology wasn't quite what I was looking for.

There is a coming war between the Nephilum clans (the cursed offspring of forbidden Angel/human matings) also known as The Watchers. Each Watcher holds a magical gift and obviously the clan with the stronger collective magic is at an advantage.

Cade is part of the Clan Azazel. It is learned that there is woman, Maddie, who is a dormant Watcher read
Amber  Read
Joy Nash has a way of weaving a tale to make you fall completely in love and become throughly engrossed in the story.

I love the complexity of the characters relationships in this book. It draws you in quickly. Artur, Cybele, and Cade's triangle is something to behold. Artur and Cybele were bonded but when Cybele finds Cade in the middle of his transition she anchors him over to become truly Nephilim so he doesn't die. Artur then takes this as betrayal of his and Cybele's bond and will not forgiv
Rania Melhem
First of all thanks go to netgalley and Dorchester who allowed me to read this book ahead of its publication date.
And now on to the review, I will keep it spoiler free so dont be afraid to read it.
Let me start by saying that I was looking forward to reading a new book by Joy Nash, I had really enjoyed her contributions to the Immortals series (the other authors were Jennifer Ashley and Robin Popp) but I have to say that I was disappointed in The Unforgiven (The Watchers #1), the first two third
Becca
I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit confusing in the very beginning but once it got going then it was engrossing. Definitely a different take on the whole angel, nephilim premise. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I like the fact that the author had more than one storyline going on in the book, it kept you interested in the secondary characters and gave a richer depth to the story as a whole.
If you can get past the beginning where it seems to be Artur and Cybele's story then i
Heather
I was suprised that this was book 1 as it opens like a series in play. I actually went to my computer and checked to ensure this was book 1. The series has potential. I was a bit grossed out with one of the relationships in the book ( if you read you will see what I mean ). It isn't a book that I was running around telling my friends to read....I will see how book 2 is to make my call.
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Vit
Vit marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Lesa
Lesa marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Ali Cox
Ali Cox marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Jody Graf
Jody Graf marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Awakening (Immortals, #3) The Crossing (Immortals, #6) A Little Light Magic Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1) Christmas Unplugged