Start by marking “How to Kill Your Husband: (And Other Handy Household Hints). Kathy Lette” as Want to Read:
How to Kill Your Husband: (And Other Handy Household Hints). Kathy Lette

How to Kill Your Husband: (And Other Handy Household Hints). Kathy Lette

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  1,146 ratings  ·  143 reviews
All wives sporadically want to kill their husbands - 'where there's a will, I intend to be in it' wives half joke with each other. But when Jazz Jardine is arrested for her husband's murder, the joke falls flat. Life should begin at 40. Not life imprisonment for killing your hubby.
Published March 1st 2007 by Pocket Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Kill Your Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Kill Your Husband

This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store by A.K. TurnerI Am America by Stephen ColbertAre You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea HandlerWhen Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George CarlinIsland of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore
Hilarious Titles
16th out of 127 books — 107 voters
Alexei Maxim Russell's Field Guide to Assholes by Alexei Maxim RussellJudd Goobey by M. Tompson LaneHow to Kill Your Husband by Kathy LetteDog Days by Jeff KinneyAngry Little Girls by Lela Lee
Funny Book Covers
3rd out of 18 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Celia Powell
I think I've outgrown Kathy Lette - her over-the-top exaggerated style of comedy just no longer hits the mark for me. I disliked most of the characters in this book - I found it incomprehensible that the three women were friends, or that they remained married to their husbands. The murder case was all rather silly. I mean, I finished it, it wasn't dreadful, but I felt it was trying far too hard to be funny and didn't succeed, in the most part.
Julietta
I expected this book to be a light and easy read but it turned into one of the few books I just could not finish. The characters annoyed me too much and the author was trying too much to be funny and failed miserably at it!
Katy
Review pasted from reading group on FB, as I wrote it to save anyone else from reading it!

I just moved house and in packing and unpacking all my books, I found all the ones hiding at the back I hadn't read in ages. So thought I'd pick this one up and realised why I'd never reread it. Think I bought it from a remaindered stock place, and the only reason I kept on til the end was so I could slate it on here rather than having it kick around half read on my good reads list! A series of cliches, pu
Sybele
I read this book because it was a present from my very good friend and as she recommended it I was really looking forward to reading it because I consider her as a very intelligent woman. Wow! When I was a teenage girl this was called a romantic short novel and never had more than 40 pages. We used to take those to the beach for light reading. Nothing more in that. No literal value. So this reminded me so much of those short novels, just this one wasted more paper. I couldn't refrain myself from ...more
Ashlee
I really wanted to like the book, it has some of the best witty one liners I have ever heard. But I just was disappointed with how the story panned out.

***THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS***

The narrartor Cassie is a delightfully funny woman, but the frustrating thing about her is that she has absolutely no back bone until the end of the book. So she would reply back to a comment with a brillant joke, but then corrects herself saying what she actually said.

With her constant lack of backbo
Got to about the third chapter and couldn't go on because it was too stupid. Unrealitsitc, over-the-top characters and situations and ENDLESS lame wisecracks, puns and 'witty' asides. Insufferable.
Louise H
I found this silly and annoying. I struggled through it all.
Julia
Aug 29, 2011 Julia rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
What is this book really but a rant about husbands, marriage, horrible bosses and back-stabbing best friends? Other than being way too exaggerated, completely unbelievable and incredibly melodramatic, it's also a horrible story. We all know that in real life Cassie, Jazz and Hannah would never be friends and their husbands wouldn't all turn out to be so heartless, or so conveniently discovered in the same year. Everything fell into place too perfectly and with way more drama than anyone really e ...more
Sara
I have to say I didn't actually finish this book, I thought I was someone that could read anything but this book proved me wrong.

This was one of our book club choices and one of the members called it "A vapid, vat of vomit!" lol.
I just thought it was "a shower of s**t! I thought it was crude, not at all amusing and I only read two chapters! If you like that sort of thing you'll love this as members of the book club, who managed to read it, say it is riddled with it.

Do not waste your money on th
Shruti Rao
Just WHAT in hell did I read? I don't get it. When my friend bought the book and was reading it out loud, it sounded so funny. But when I finally picked it up, it came across like one big, fat marathon of those douchey, hair-slicked-back, beefed up "dudes" on that show that teaches other normal men how to "score chicks" by using the worst puns and pick up lines possible.

She's funny off and on, yeah? I give her that, but I can't respect a book that painfully looks like a story was hastily slapped
Francesca
I enjoyed it. I liked the events in the lives of these three friends and the end, no matter what. Easy to read, funny, a little bit vulgar but, to me, very enjoyable.
Dawn
Chose this one on a whim and likely would not have finished it except I was stricken with strep throat and had nothing else to do. The book is basically the saga of 3 women who have few morals and do little to nothing to save their marriages from breaking into a million pieces. When one of the three manages to reconcile with her husband in the end, it was too little too late for me. This is a book that would likely be enjoyed by a woman scorned by her husband, but it's not one that I would recom ...more
Tara Anderton
hmmm I dont want to diss this book - butit just didnt hold my attention. It took me so long to read and normally I can finish a book in two days. By the last page I wa like for F's sake just end! I feel bad for my reaction but its the truth! There where some funny one liners but I felt like the author was trying to hard! I didnt really have a clear piture of who Hannah was at all I couldnt picture her in my head..... Anyway that is all!
Gotherella BioVenom
I always saw this book sitting in my school library, never thought to pick it up and read it until I saw a drama student perform a monologue based off it.
I picked it up, read it and fell in love with it straight away.
Such a good read, very tongue in cheek.

Kathy Lette is a fantastic author and this book is gush-worthy xD
Tracy
Dumped this at the end of chapter 4. Couldn't be bothered as I found the style of writing very annoying. Over the top commentary with smart arse one liners and never a proper sentence in sight. It was tedious to read and not enjoyable. Usually enjoy Kathy Lette so this was disappointing.
Donnac
I only read this because my kids brought it for me for Mother's Day. They thought i'd like it because the cover looked funny.

I read it to the end only as an act of reading OCD which forces me to finish any book i start no matter how annoying or pointless.

I get that Kathy Lette's style is completely over the top characters in dark comedic situations. I dont expect Booker award winning literary tomes but i was hopeful of at least liking a character or two.

I found them all equally revolting and we
Rachel
Jul 30, 2011 Rachel added it
Awful! I got to p.68 and just couldn't read anymore. It was full of tedious gags and corny jokes. In the end I just wanted more of the story and less of the terrible humour!
Anna
i like the idea of the story but if you want to become upset at your husband and wish for more this is the book. How many divorces have been spurned on by reading this book?
Jayne
Jul 27, 2011 Jayne added it
I think you might have to be in the right mood to read this. I could see that it might be funny, but I wasn't amused. Lots of witticisms, with some story thrown in.
Phillipa
Loved this book, absolutely loved it. The number of times (many, many!) I found myself reading out loud (over the phone even) paragraphs and sentences from this book to my boyf ... it was a truly hysterical read. Definitely good for light entertainment if you're between deep and dark reads and one I could definitely recommend as a holiday read or just to lift your mood. Although, I must say it does leave those of us (me) who are more than a little cautious about spending the rest of our lives wi ...more
Brooke
Jul 30, 2011 Brooke added it
Very funny in places but not a cracking read. As someone who doesn't generally read fiction I found it dragged on and I struggled to finish it.
Anniina
Most likely the worst book I've ever read. Don't know why I even went through this annoying and inane load of rubbish.
Daphne
I really didn't enjoy this book. I thought it would be funny chick lit, but it turned out to be depressing and bitter.
Ralitsa  Koleva
This was the most shallow book I ever read... Total waste of time... Damn even Twishit is better...
Fiona Castelli
Pissed myselfe laughing at that one... soo much fun (only for married couples).

She is great.
Alexandra Cornwell
My mum gave it to me for Christmas! She must have thought getting a divorce needed some humour!
MaRia
Would come in handy if you want to make a dictionary of yiddish insults.

Vulgar :(((
Kylie
One of the funniest books I have ever read. Just brilliant
Vinisha Valsan
I am seeing nothing but negative reviews for this book .Let me start by saying i loved this book.Sarcasm is not for everyone so i can understand why most people would never get why this book is so good. You need to set your judgement aside and read a book for just fun.I loved lette's dark ,witty humour that borderlines raunchy and morbid. All characters her are well written and i love how they all seem to be rise up from dumps and keep the story interesting.I loved the dialogues. Very quotable . ...more
Anna
I started reading this book a few months ago but put it aside as the first few chapters didn't quite grab my attention but upon picking it up again, I zoomed through the rest of the book in just one night!

The story is about three women in their forties, all best friends but each representing a different outlook on marriage based on their own relationships and experiences.

Jasmine is going through a wretched marriage after discovering that the husband she has financially supported throughout his c
  • Three Dog Night
  • The Accidental Family
  • Silver Wattle
  • Daddy's Little Girl
  • Marrying for Money
Kathy Lette divides her time between being a full time writer,
demented mother (now there's a tautology) and trying to find a shopping trolley that doesn't have a clubbed wheel.

Kathy first achieved succés de scandale as a teenager with the novel Puberty Blues, now a major motion picture.

After several years as a singer with the Salami Sisters and a newspaper columnist in Sydney and New York (collec
More about Kathy Lette...
The Boy Who Fell To Earth Puberty Blues To Love, Honour And Betray (Till Divorce Us Do Part) Mad Cows Foetal Attraction

“Не можех да повярвам, че толкова дълго съм стояла на ръба на пропастта. Понякога се налага да докоснеш дъното, когато пропадаш в защеметяващата вълна, за да си спомниш пътя нагоре...
Англичаните си мислят, че оптимизмът е очна болест. Ами аз? Аз съм от онези, които винаги избират слънчевата страна на улицата. Открай време тая надежда, че будилникът на Жулиета ще звънне тъкмо навреме, за да я събуди, така че да спре Ромео и да не му позволи да изгълта отровата. Надявам се, Дездемона да каже на Отело да престане с параноята и да го прати на курс по овладяване на гнева. Хамлет ще отиде на психотерапевт, за да преодолее мъката и ще се ожени за Офелия...”
1 likes