Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 06” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 06

Twin Spica, Volume: 06 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #6)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Asumi's latest and most challenging flight simulation trial continues. She along with her classmates have been put into small escape pods, the actual pods that the International Space Station currently uses, to simulate traveling through space and an atmosphere re-entry. The pods are then covered and transported into the Japanese wilderness where after some rough handling ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Vertical (first published April 23rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Apr 06, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Lara
Mar 29, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it
Took a long break from this series because my library only has the first 5 volumes and I didn't want to read the e-versions if I could avoid it. So I got this one through ILL (thanks, Denton!).

Anyway, since I'd had such a long break from it I had sort of forgotten how much I like this series. It's quiet and sweet and just follows a bunch of kids training to be astronauts and the different struggles they face with family and health and history and friendship. I'm glad I kind of rediscovered it!
Sarah Sammis
Jul 09, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 06 by Kou Yaginuma resolves the cliff hanger of Asumi and her friends racing to the goal from their escape pods dumped into the nearby forest. It also introduces more glimpses into the history of the Lion and the mystery of Mr. Lion's on going friendship with Asumi.

Asumi risks her own success in the program by mounting a search party for one of their missing classmates. It's an unexpected turn of events and something that takes even the test designers by surprise.

The survival c
Ashley D--
Oct 13, 2012 Ashley D-- rated it it was amazing
These books capture every kind of sadness you can have, including the happy kind. This one looks at a friendship Mr Lion had when he was alive. I like the subtle exploration of really deep themes, like the guilt people carry around with them when a friend has died. This volume also gives more clues about Marika's mysterious past. As with all other volumes, the story is slow but interesting and emotionally engaging.
Titis Wardhana
Masa lalu Lion sedikit demi sedikit mulai kelihatan... dan kisah pendeknya so adorable...
Joy
Mar 26, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it
And...once again, this series has managed to make me cry. Lots of great moments in this one: Asumi and the others going back for Marika, the origami stars, watching the meteor shower. But my favorite bit was definitely the episode about Mr. Lion and his childhood friend.
Cherish
Jan 29, 2014 Cherish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
This volume was once again very moving. There was even two short stories after the main comic and I was very intrigued. i feel that Asumi is growing not only in height but as a person throughout this volume.
Shannon Phillips
Shannon Phillips rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Cloudcluster
Cloudcluster rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Tom De
Tom De rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Daniel Benayun
Daniel Benayun rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2016
DW
DW rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Crusty
Crusty marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Amanda Holland
Amanda Holland marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
GreenRune
GreenRune rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Sadie
Sadie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Farrah
Farrah rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Nick Serjeantson
Nick Serjeantson rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Jeremy G
Jeremy G marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Jeremy Gajeski
Jeremy Gajeski marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Cin-Ru
Cin-Ru added it
Nov 10, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Natalia Soldevila
Natalia Soldevila marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Rebekah Gordon
Rebekah Gordon rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Rachelle Uy
Rachelle Uy rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
MJ Paredes
MJ Paredes rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
  • Saturn Apartments 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 15: The Door to Memories (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #15)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Cross Game 2 (Cross Game, #4-5)

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8