Start by marking “Whistle While You Work: Heeding Your Life's Calling” as Want to Read:
Whistle While You Work: Heeding Your Life's Calling

Whistle While You Work: Heeding Your Life's Calling

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Everyone has a calling with a unique purpose to fulfill in the world. Heeding it is about deliberately choosing a way of life and work consistent with individual gifts, passions, and values. Through powerful stories and a guided exploration of 52 possible callings, Whistle While You Work helps readers discover how to make a living doing what they were born to do. The autho ...more
Audio, Abridged
Published January 1st 2001 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Whistle While You Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whistle While You Work

Janet
Sep 09, 2014 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book about life calling.

Since I got it from the library, the cards didn't come with it but I was able to download them for free and do the exercise with them.

This book was to help me learn to make a living doing what I was born to do. I didn't agree with all they said but I did add some of what they said to my Words to Live By doc I keep on my computer to refer back to at certain times of my life.

It did make me laugh that a lot of the stories were about taxi drivers but
Todd Kruse
Overall a good, not great, book with some inspiring life stories. However, several of the stories seem to be about taxi drivers so perhaps the authors needed to expand their range of data collection!

The primary lesson for me was two fold - 1.) instead of hiring high school guidance counselors students could read a book like this one or even better the wonderful book - "The Monk who sold his Ferrari" (highly recommended.) 2.) the "gap year" concept of waiting a year (to work, travel, study on you
Inayah  Lie
Mar 18, 2014 Inayah Lie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
edisi indo
Betsy
Aug 04, 2009 Betsy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Michelle
Recommended to Betsy by: I'm faciniated with callings
This is one of those books you think is boring then you find yourself going in the direction this book encourages. I learned to accept gifts you have, let others question. The people that do not question are usually intellegent , sensitve, and most important genuienly happy. Feels good when you get to "the calling". Lots of struggle for me (the journey to get to the calling). Pieces adhere to your subconscious and boom one day you arrive.
Sheridan
Mar 23, 2009 Sheridan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting and insightful book that helps you discover your "calling". I liked that the authors did two things: encouraged you to follow that calling into whatever work will best fulfull it. AND, practically, helped readers see ways to fulfill their calling in the work they are already doing.
Jen
Jan 04, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book would have been a 3 except that I specifically enjoyed the calling card exercise included in the book. They had very pointed, thoughtful questions throughout to get you thinking about your own journey and that was useful.
Eliot Fiend
enjoyed this book. good exercises.
Emily Dusenberry
Emily Dusenberry marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
meliss
meliss marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Megamus
Megamus marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
JJ Hogan
JJ Hogan marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Lisa Montanaro
Lisa Montanaro marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Ckar51707
Ckar51707 rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Beverly Hayes
Beverly Hayes rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Steve Kenow
Steve Kenow rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Weihua Cai
Weihua Cai marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Sherry Getz
Sherry Getz marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Lisa Boyle
Lisa Boyle marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Brian
Brian added it
Dec 31, 2015
Danielle Viau
Danielle Viau rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Richard’s ten books, including three best sellers, have sold over one million copies and have been translated into 20 languages. Repacking Your Bags and The Power of Purpose are considered classics in the personal development field. Richard’s “inventures” in writing books have taken him to events with readers in all 50 states, every Canadian province, and 15 countries.

As co-author of Life Reimagin
More about Richard J. Leider...