Start by marking “P.S.- I Made This . . .: I See It. I Like It. I Make It.” as Want to Read:
P.S.- I Made This . . .: I See It. I Like It. I Make It.

P.S.- I Made This . . .: I See It. I Like It. I Make It.

It’s a movement. It’s a call to action: reimagine, reuse, and reinvent. P.S.- I Made This . . . will inspire and encourage readers to embrace the concept of I see it, I like it, I make it.

Part designer DIY, part fashion and lifestyle inspiration guide, P.S.- I Made This . . . was born from Erica Domesek’s popular website of the same name. Domesek’s collection of unique pro
Published September 1st 2010 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about P.S.- I Made This . . ., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P.S.- I Made This . . .

Jul 07, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
Really disappointing. I saw Erica on Craft Wars and thought her book sounded interesting. Most of her crafts are ridiculously impractical and tacky!
Crystal Puckett
Oct 18, 2010 Crystal Puckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: want, borrowed, how-to, crafty
This book is great--simple quick ideas for those days you want to make something, but don't want to start A PROJECT. I made the leather-like boot covers, the blinged-up shoes, and the lace cuff (except I used leftover faux leather from the boot covers instead of lace) and intend to make a couple more things, like the triangle ruler necklace and the painted jeans. I do wish the author had included some basic estimation of amounts for materials needed on some of the projects; FYI, for the shoes, ...more
jess
Oct 20, 2010 jess rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, craft
Most of these projects are completely unwearable, as the judges panel would say on Project Runway. Some of them wouldn't even survive one wearing (uhm, ruffled neckline made out of toilet paper). And most everything is just completely not my style, but even if I wouldn't wear it and it's not terribly practical, there are some creative ideas in here. More than the actual execution of any specific project, the strength of this book is in the way it tries to teach you to think about creating ...more
Jodi
While several of Domesek's ideas are both cute and creative, many of them aren't made to last. A headband made with drink umbrellas, a neck ruffle made from coffee filters, a belt made from tape and ribbon don't seem like items that could handle more than one wearing.

I guess that I'm more of a "purist" when it comes to my crafting. If I'm going to put an effort into doing something, I like to get some use out of it. That said, there are still some fun projects in this book, but I would recommen
Rachel
Jan 04, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok
I like the idea of making some trendy pieces instead of spending money on a passing fad, but there wasn't much in this book that I would actually wear. Like a ruffled collar made of coffee filters? or a necklace of protractors and paper clips? hmm....I think I'll pass. Plus I'm pretty sure the stuff would fall apart as I was wearing it.
I thought some of the bangles were cute though, and the fringed scarf made of a t-shirt. You'd have to be a real DIYer to appreciate this book.
Emily
Oct 18, 2010 Emily rated it did not like it
I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. The blog that the author writes is occasionally referenced on the craft blog I read almost daily, so I thought I would find projects I would want to do. But this is all fashion couture. I would never wear anything I saw in the book, and I wouldn't even want to try to make any of it. Just not for me.
Tracey
Dec 30, 2010 Tracey rated it did not like it
adult nonfiction; non-sewing craft/fashion. Only a very few of these projects are actually wearable; most of it just looks like something a tweenager might make (yes, these ruffles on my shirt are actually coffee filters. And they're hot-glued on.). Skip the book and just browse the author's blog instead if you're needing some inspiration.
Yuuki Nakashima
Sep 18, 2013 Yuuki Nakashima rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, how-to
Some of the projects are ridiculous. However, some of them are attractive. It's much different from other craft book. The works are so cool that they may fit even professional models. They don't look like handmade and I learned how to get what I want but so expensive.
Beka
Apr 08, 2014 Beka rated it really liked it
Though I'm not inclined to make any of the projects in this book, I still really enjoyed it. I like the author's easy writing style and inventive way of recreating what she likes from the fashion world.
Marie
Jan 08, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
Fun book! Creative ideas, though some are a little nonfunctional. I liked the pictures and bought the visuals gave nice simplified directions for the projects. I especially enjoyed her inspiration pages for each idea and the fringed scarf idea.
Deanna
Oct 27, 2010 Deanna rated it liked it
Some over the top stuff that I would never make, like gold spray painted shoes, earrings made from champagne corks, etc. But there are a couple of good ideas that I might make, or at least adapt to something a bit different.
Maddie
Dec 13, 2010 Maddie rated it it was ok
Shelves: craftin
I thought the projects in this book were gorgeous and creative, and I really like how the layout of the book mirrors the blog it stemmed from. The only problem was, despite the awesomeness of the projects, I didn't actually want to try any of them.
Emily
Sep 12, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
I was hoping to see a step by step guide to making your own patters for clothes. However, I bought this book without digging into what it was about, so it's all good. I love how innovative the ideas are, and I'm excited to make my own quirky jewelry.
Mortalform
interesting, like the inspirational collage and full color step by step pictures
favorite projects
-Bow belt
-Denim messenger purse
*-fringe scarf
-hippie headband
-sailor shirt
*-ruffle tank

good list of interesting websites

also avaliable on the website so why buy the book
Kate
Jan 06, 2014 Kate rated it did not like it
Shelves: crafty
Sadly, no projects that I wanted to make. End results a little to obviously DIY and rough around the edges.
Judith
Aug 27, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, crafts
Some of the ideas were awesome and then some were like 'really'? I loved how the book detailed the steps with photographs. Very helpful
Sonia
Jan 26, 2014 Sonia rated it really liked it
I follow her blog and have tried some of her ideas. This book is just the blog on paper so it's good but I like the blog better.
Michelle
Jul 10, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
This book is a joke, right? Shirts embellished with coffee filters? Necklaces made out of triangle rulers? No. Just---no.
Susie
Jul 30, 2011 Susie rated it did not like it
Shelves: diy
It was all accessories and most of the ideas looked homemade, which they are, but the hope is always that you can produce something that doesn't look like it.
Hollis
Jan 06, 2011 Hollis rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book more than I actually did. Things were a little too trendy/easily outdated for my taste.
Some of the jewelery was fun.
Liz
Sep 24, 2012 Liz rated it did not like it
Really disappointed with this book. I have seen better projects in craft books aimed at children and teens.
Nov 01, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked how easy it was to understand the instructions. More craft books should have pictures for each step the way that this one did.
Kara
Feb 13, 2011 Kara rated it did not like it
Definitely not my style, and the craftsmanship is, well, lacking. Kind of surprised this book was published.
Kate Blue
Aug 08, 2011 Kate Blue rated it liked it
just grabbed this off shelf by accident and it really has some super cool teen ides! My daughter wants me to make her the scarf and the bracelets out oF there! VERY CUTE.
Jan 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
There are some pretty cute DIY craft ideas in this book. Even if there are projects you don't like, just looking over the projects and materials spur creativity.
Paula Mckinley
Nov 28, 2013 Paula Mckinley rated it liked it
What I enjoyed the most about this book is that the crafts are actually do able and in style. It's also easy to customize some of the projects she suggests in order to make the style more you. :)
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Gale
Gale rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2010
Náda
Náda rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • World of Geekcraft: Step-by-Step Instructions for 25 Super-Cool Craft Projects
  • I Spy DIY Style: Find Fashion You Love and Do It Yourself
  • Craftivity: 40 Projects for the DIY Lifestyle
  • Handmade to Sell: Hello Craft's Guide to Owning, Running, and Growing Your Crafty Biz
  • The Book of Doing: Everyday Activities to Unlock Your Creativity and Joy
  • 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art
  • Photojojo!: Insanely Great  Photo Projects and DIY Ideas
  • The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos: The Best Techniques for Showcasing Your Handmade Creations
  • The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop, and Live
  • We Dare You: Scrapbook Challenges about Real Life
  • The Big-Ass Book of Home Décor: More than 100 Inventive Projects for Cool Homes Like Yours
  • Mod Podge Rocks!: Decoupage Your World
  • 101 Things I Learned in Fashion School
  • Inner Excavation: Exploring Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media
  • Creative Thursday: Everyday Inspiration to Grow Your Creative Practice