Start by marking “Moor Love” as Want to Read:
Moor Love

Moor Love

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  25 reviews
On the moors of North Yorkshire, American college student Caleb Winters falls in love, not only with the rolling hills of heather, but with the man who hired him for the student work program. To Caleb, Jon Cook is a mystery.

Rendered mute years earlier in the automobile accident that killed his father, Jon lives a life of secrecy. From the beginning, Caleb begins to suspect
Published December 28th 2009 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published December 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Moor Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moor Love

Michael
Moor Love is a charming and sexy little story that really grabs your heart. Sexy men, romantic setting, improbable romance and passionate sex.

The length of the book is definitely a case of wishing for more but being happy and satisfied, with the delicious taste that you got.

I'm a sucker for books set in the British isles and Carol Lynne uses the setting nicely. Quaint farm, picturesque scenery, sheep in the fields, chilly nights, it's the type of place that breeds love.

The main characters are b
Veronica /  V
A very sweet lovely story, I felt so sorry for Jon, I wonder if in real life men like Jon exist, it would be a real shame to be that lonely for so long. Loneliness is something that I detest, and my heart broke for him, He was such a charming character.
Beautiful story and I love the ending.
Ale Rivero
Caleb y Jon!!! Los amé!!! Me encanta la forma de narrar que tiene Carol y cómo desarrolla a sus personajes. La forma en que Caleb logra sacar a Jon de su cáscara y que este comience a sentir de nuevo es de lo más tierna y romántica. Y Champ es un punto extra a la historia. Muy recomendable
Sue bowdley
Caleb and Jon....Oh i think i knew what would happen in this...It was such a sweet story....I thought they were perfect for each other...and yes this is the second book today of Miss Lynnes that made me cry...loved it x
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Caleb is doing a year abroad for his education at Jon's sheep farm.
Jon has been mute for 19 years, afte an accident that left his leg injured and his father dead.
In the months together they fall in love, but there is a 13 year age difference, a disability and an ocean separating them.
(view spoiler)
Jenre
I’ve heard lots of great things about Carol Lynne’s books, but up until now I haven’t read anything by her. After reading this lovely novella, set in my native Yorkshire, I shall certainly be picking up more of her books.

The book begins with US agriculture student Caleb arriving for a year’s placement at a sheep farm on the North Yorkshire Moors. He’s surprised to find that the farmer he is to work with is a very attractive man in his mid-thirties. Jon is mute and has reluctantly arranged for Ca
Tam
Caleb is studying agriculture in college and gets the chance to do a work term of a year on a sheep farm in Yorkshire. Jon is mute and has aggravated and old injury and does not WANT help but accepts it grudgingly. Eventually Caleb and Jon admit their attraction and start a relationship. Caleb’s mother comes and stirs things up a bit but it all works out in the end. I find many Carol Lynn books have insta-love which doesn’t work for me but this is not the case here, the relationship develops ove ...more
Serena Yates
I really liked this story about a young American student who goes to the UK to gain some work experience and an older sheep farmer who has been mute since the accident that killed his father. Jon thought he'd never find love and hides behind his gruff exterior. Soon Caleb decides he needs to draw him out of his shell, back into the land of the living.

The relationship between the two men isn't easy as they overcome the fact that Jon doesn't speak. Emotions run deep when they realize they're in lo
Plainbrownwrapper
Oooooooo, I wish I could rate this one higher. It's a sweet story, for the most part. Butbutbut --

1. It lapses waaaaay too far over into sappy territory at the climax
2. There is very little conflict of any sort throughout
3. It's short, with little character development
4. The editing is atrocious -- really really bad punctuation, and obvious errors like "pass-times" instead of pastimes, "passed" instead of past, and "immanent" instead of imminent. Oh, the heartbreak of being stuck with an illiter
Deryncarm1970
Too short for my liking... but otherwise quite good.
Ryan
I generally lower my expectations for short stories. However, Moor Love was a surprisingly good story. The characters are well developed and I quickly cared about Caleb and Jon. This really could have been a much longer book. When it was over, I wanted more.

Note: I added it my "gay cowboy" bookshelf despite the fact it was set in the UK. Not really sure what one calls a sheep (rancher/farmer?) in the UK so it is close enough.
Meggie
I really enjoyed to re-read this short novella today. Both main characters Caleb and Jon were sweet and innocent pair. I really liked them a lot. Even if the plot was short, I loved it. It was short, sweet and complete.
I really Recommend this novella it was awesome.
Pushubuu
I would've preferred to have had a yorkshireman sheep farmer, albeit a mute one, know how to train a sheep dog.
Maybe my mood was just too rotten to appreciate a sweet short story, but sadly there were just a few too many things that pulled me out of the story.
Bookwatcher
good short story... but, sort of meh
not bad... but... meh
[image error]
Stacey Jo
This was one of those "healing power of love" stories. It's short but very sweet with a great HEA. It's not very explicit and is more sweet than steamy.
Emmie
Cute story. Jumps a bit, wraps up any issues within a paragraph. More like a 3.5. But a cute happy ending.
KellyJo
Pretty good HEA but it was so short.. Felt like there was so much missing over the year they had together..
Linda-Grace
It was a lovely sweet book. Only thing didnt like was that it wasnt long enough.
Claudia
I thought this was a sweet story, although it could have been a little longer.
Gaa-chan
Read in Fabulous Brits anthology.
Vikki
Very Very sweet book.
It needed to be longer ;)
Kathleen Thomas
Kathleen Thomas marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Tammy Kuhlmann
Tammy Kuhlmann marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
  • Finding the Words
  • Last Call
  • The Sight of Home
  • Wheels
  • Jesse
  • Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)
  • Talker's Redemption (Talker, #2)
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • Henry and Jim
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • The Crush
  • What To Do With Lore (Contact,#1)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • Blind Blondie
  • Signed and Sealed
  • Permanently Legless

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)