Start by marking “The Great White Space” as Want to Read:
The Great White Space

The Great White Space

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Frederick Plowright, a well-known scientific photographer, is recruited by Professor Clark Ashton Scarsdale to accompany his research team in search of “The Great White Space,” described in ancient and arcane texts as a portal leading to the extremities of the universe. Plowright, Scarsdale, and the rest of their crew embark on the Great Northern Expedition, traversing a t ...more
Paperback
Published June 1975 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about The Great White Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great White Space

mark monday
Copper does Lovecraft, but real classy like. this retread of At the Mountains of Madness does a fairly good job but I prefer intense, excitable Lovecraft to dry, classy Copper.
Joseph
Apr 17, 2014 Joseph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Rather turgid beginning, but once the expedition begins, this was a quick and fun read. Some really good Lovecraftian tropes, though sometimes it is a little too trite...Clark Ashton Scarsdale? Overall, I enjoyed this novel very much though. I have had it sitting on my shelves for years and never felt much of a desire to read it until recently, wish I had discovered it sooner. I am looking forward to reading August Derleth's Solar Pons books and the continuations by Basil Cooper.
Eldrinod
I have loved this book since I first read it in the 1980's. It's atmospheric, creepy, has wonderfully imagined locations. The Great White Space is in the same Mould as Journey to The Centre of The Earth but more of an adult version. I am a sucker for a good trek tale and this is no exception. Journey across deserts and up into mysterious mountains where a cave leads to some big surprises . . .
Brandon
very well written and spooky. however, i give it only three stars because of the goofy ending, which seemed rushed, like the author just got tired of writing and had to blow off coming up with an interesting ending or had a deadline or just plain fucked it up.

could have been a classic. oh well
Mel
An enjoyable Lovecraftian horror story, I really enjoyed the entire story! The atmosphere and style of writing just pulled me along. But I am a big fan of Basil Copper when it comes to light reading!
Dennis
A very good horror novel in the Lovecraftian vein.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Axolotl
Axolotl marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
sweet peas
sweet peas marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Chris Warneke
Chris Warneke marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Neil
Neil marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Kikon9
Kikon9 marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Basil Copper (1924 – ) is an English writer and former journalist and newspaper editor. He has written over 50 books and scripts. In addition to fantasy and horror, Copper is known for his series of Solar Pons stories continuing the character created by August Derleth.

Copper edited a 1982 two-volume omnibus collection of Derleth's stories of the 'Pontine' canon, published by Arkham House, a publis
More about Basil Copper...
And Afterward the Dark Necropolis From Evil's Pillow The Vampire: In Legend and Fact The Dossier Of Solar Pons

“선릉백마((0i0-2i56_3384))강남백마 역삼백마 삼성백마 강남러시아 역삼러시아 삼성러시아 선릉러시아 강남역러시아 역삼역러시아 삼성역러시아 선릉역러시아 선릉역백마 삼성역백마 강남역백마 역삼역백마선릉백마” 0 likes