Start by marking “Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days” as Want to Read:
Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days

Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  333 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A new cover and additional questions for study and discussion grace this bestselling 28-day study (more than 525,000 copies sold) by respected teacher and author Kay Arthur. Readers of little or great prayer experience will discover practical insights to help them know how to pray, what to pray, and what to expect when they pray. Arthur sheds light on the instructions Jesu ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers (first published December 31st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days

Gina
I appreciate being given guidelines, an outline, indexes on how to pray, what I ought to be thinking about and allowing God to speak to me through prayers. I loved the insight & illumination I obtained in reading this book. Page 47 Names of God is now memorized along with Mat 6:9-13! This is good for everyone that wants to strengthen their walk with Jesus. Jesus prayed all the time for all things. Go & do likewise!
Andy Valadez
Enjoyed reading this over 28 days. Really helps the reader to understand the power of prayer and why Jesus gave us a powerful index on how we should pray. It is important to ask God for our daily bread and that it come from him, not from our own efforts. When we ask him directly, he clears the way for our future in his service. Lot's more to write about here, but limited in time. Read for yourself.
Melanie
I was unable to separate her writing style from the substance of what she was saying. Her voice as an author was just too intrustive for me - down to telling me how and when to annotate my own Bible? I don't think so.
Kristie
This book can definitely help with your prayer life, esp. if you don't know what to say or where to start. (Or if you've ever wondered how people could possibly pray for more than a few minutes. Or if your prayer just sounds like a list of requests.)

The book is based entirely on the Lord's Prayer. According to the author, it shouldn't be used as a prayer itself, but rather as instructions for how a prayer should be set up.

I didn't realize the set-up of the book when I started. First, I was tryin
Katy Foster
Kay Arthur is obviously diligent and Spirit guided in her Bible reading. Very Informative and enlightening! I loved the book. I love Kay Arthur's teaching style. I followed along with her instructions on marking my Bible, and was able to understand her points more clearly. I learned more than I knew I needed to learn. It was very needed in my life, and I highly recommend the book, not just to strengthen prayer, but to re-evaluate and strengthen one's own relationship with God.
Debra Wagenecht
Great, quick study on praying
Ki
Of all the Bible Studies I've gone through (a whooping three) this one is the most impressive. It's scripture references were applicable, vast, and thought-provoking.

But I still have to say, it's hard to beat just getting into a good Bible with a great topical guide.
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
In my search for strengthening my relationship with God, I found this book and wanted to build my skills to pray. I made it through page 40, then life got in the way. I'm sure I didn't even make it to the 28 days! But I will, in God's perfect timing...
I thoroughly enjoyed this Bible study. It made a huge difference in my marriage. It finally dawned on me that I am to submit to my husband, not because he deserves it, but because God, my Father, Jesus, my Savior asked me to... out of obedience to Him.
Kara

Loved,loved, loved this! Changed my prayer life for good. Now I understand why and what I say in the Lord's prayer. This has forever changed me, and I love her complete use of the Scriptures...life changing!
Debra Moorer
This was a wonderful book! This has helped me so so much and taught me to grow int faith! I would love to teach this ! Fantastic! I m learning the inductive method and it has opened my understanding up so much !
Christian Painter
I found this book to be incredibly helpful as a new Christian. The exercises really make you think and if you follow them word for word you will get the a lot out of this book.
Susan
This was an excellent study on prayer. Kay Arthur does a great job once again. Her Precept upon Precept Studies are very solid too!
Denise
I am no better at praying now than I was before I read it. Didn't learn enough in the 28 days to justify reading it.
Sheila
Challenging and life changing book and a whole new take on the Lord's Prayer. Fantastic.
Jan
4.5 stars. Did this with an online Precept study group 4 or 5 years ago
Miranda
I read this at age 13 and benefitted a lot spiritually.
faithful
Great book ... but you still have to DO IT.
Ang
Nov 05, 2008 Ang marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Heard about this on my Woman's retreat
Andy
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Gugulethu Tsambe
Gugulethu Tsambe marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
C
C marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Jennifer Bonn
Jennifer Bonn is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2015
  • A Woman's Heart
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman: A Bible Study with Martha Peace
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • True Woman 101: Divine Design: An Eight-Week Study on Biblical Womanhood (True Woman)
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • A Woman After God's Own Heart
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • God Loves Broken People: And Those Who Pretend They're Not
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • Life's Healing Choices: Freedom from Your Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits
  • Let Prayer Change Your Life
  • Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy - Member Book
  • The MacArthur Study Bible (NKJV)
  • Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Be Complete (Colossians): Become the Whole Person God Intends You to Be
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
Kay Arthur (born November 11, 1933 in Jackson, Michigan) is an international Bible teacher, four-time ECPA Christian Book Award winning author, and co-CEO of Precept Ministries International. Kay has systematized studying the Bible, developing a set of steps to follow so as to "mine" the details of the given book under study. Being systematized, it is accessible to lay persons, rather than scholar ...more
More about Kay Arthur...
Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God How to Study Your Bible Israel, My Beloved As Silver Refined: Answers to Life's Disappointments Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me to Stand: A Devotional Study on Spiritual Victory