Start by marking “Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Death Run (Rich and Jade, #2)

Death Run (Rich and Jade #2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  298 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A mafia banker wants to defect and give evidence against his former bosses, and John Chance's boss Ardman is handling the exchange. But when the criminals realise they might be able to get at Chance by getting at his children, Rich and Jade, the twins find themselves in the firing line.
Published October 1st 2007 by HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks

To ask other readers questions about Death Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Run

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterPoint Blank by Anthony HorowitzScorpia by Anthony HorowitzEagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz
Spy Kids
78th out of 234 books — 470 voters

More lists with this book...

Mark
Jun 09, 2011 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: spy-thriller
My second foray into Higgin's young adult arena...so-so...not going to continue in this Higgin's area
Robbie
Aug 09, 2010 Robbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading Sure Fire from Jack Higgins, I'd have to say that this book was better than the first. Again, Higgins who wrote "The Eagle has Landed" crosses into the young adult market with the help of Justin Richards to create a fast paced teen action novel.

Again we follow Rich and Jade the twins who have finally settled down with their dad after all the spy action. But of course, sooner than expected both are launched back in when unfinished business from the last dangerous encounter reaches t
Alex
Nov 19, 2008 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: series
Jade and Rich are on vacation with their father, a known spy for MI5, when they run into a mysterious group in Italy with possible mafia connections. As Jade and Rich start school the same group of people turn up and then Rich is kidnapped from their school.
As Jade and their father mount a rescue operation, someone highup in MI5 is exposed as a double agent. Lots of explosions and gunfire and action.

Fans of the Andy McNabb or Alex Rider series will enjoy this light yet fun read.
Scott Vout
May 08, 2012 Scott Vout rated it liked it
Jack Higgins was for the longest time my favourite author.

This book was one of a couple he collaberated on for the young adult crowd. I gave this one to my teenage son in hopes of getting him hooked on Higgins just like dad.

Being Higgins i of course had to read it.

It is what it is, ok at best, prefaced with the sentament that i had started to turn away from higgins at the time i read this one.

Good for the young adult but not a great Higgins effort
Lauren Hutkin
Aug 29, 2012 Lauren Hutkin rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book as well. It is similar to Sharp Shot as it is a book that is very hard to put down because every chapter ends with a cliff hanger. It's a really good book to read if you are looking for something that is entertaining and fun to read.
T.M. Carper
A lite YA novel that's good for younger teens or those who like their books short. A watered-down thriller featuring a set of twins and their spy father.

Mostly dialogue and action, little description. Decent.
Trevor Valdez
I liked it. It was about two kids and their father are in a conflict with a brittish spy and they are doing very dangerous things throughout the book.
Tricia
Feb 28, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable story about teen twins in over the top, impossible situations, but definitely very fun to read.
Bibliom
May 24, 2011 Bibliom rated it really liked it
It was pretty good. Not as good as a full blown Higgins. It's a good intro Higgins book, well written with a good plot.
Joleen
May 15, 2009 Joleen rated it it was amazing
This series is full action and keeps you going from the first. It is great for kids who really don't like to read.
Rich
May 17, 2009 Rich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See my review of Sure Fire. If Higgins and Richards want to make more of this series, it's fine by me.
Hazel Roberts
Apr 09, 2011 Hazel Roberts rated it really liked it
PLENTY OF ACTION I KNOW I'M AT LEAST 50 YEARS OLDER THAN INTENDED AUDIENCE BUT WHAT THE HECK
Omg-books-are-my-thing!
It was good but not as good as the first one. It was kind of slow.
Al Cormier
Feb 22, 2012 Al Cormier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good story. Action packed from the beginning.
Hannah
Jul 10, 2010 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Much like the first book: lots of action and plots.
Leo D.
Dec 01, 2011 Leo D. rated it did not like it
Shelves:
Worst book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d:(

Monique
May 09, 2012 Monique rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eh. Too violent a series for me!
Penny

Stephanie
Nov 16, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
4/5 stars
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Kalman
Kalman rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
May 23, 2016
Beata
Beata rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
David Breen
David Breen rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Cole Staniger
Cole Staniger rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
  • Twister (Code Red, #5)
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Avenger (Boy Soldier, #3)
  • Revenge (Jason Steed, #2)
  • Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
  • Ice Claw (Danger Zone, #2)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Rich and Jade (4 books)
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)
  • First Strike (Rich and Jade, #4)