Start by marking “Dark Justice” as Want to Read:
Dark Justice

Dark Justice (Sean Dillon #12)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,213 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
"It is night in Manhattan. The President of the United States is scheduled to have dinner with an old friend, but in the building across the street, a man has disabled the security and stands at a window, a rifle in his hand." Fortunately, he is not successful - but this is only the beginning. Someone is recruiting a shadowy network of agents with the intention of creating ...more
Published April 1st 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published August 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Justice

Rebecca
Brilliant! I love this series - they just get better and better! The characters are so well done and I love the way they manage to tie in to each other with little references to things that happened in the previous books in the series. I can always rely on Higgins for a good bit of fun easy reading - the perfect pick me up after a bad book! 5 stars.
Massanutten Regional Library
Alan, North River patron, June 2016, 3 stars:

This is the 12th Higgins book in the Sean Dillon series that I have read. I enjoyed the early reads, but the last 4 or 5 have been very similar and predictable. It is as if he took the same template and superimposed it on these books. Themes and events in this book nearly identical to the previous 4 or 5 books in the series are:

*an assassination attempt on the U.S. President and/or the British Prime Minister
*a very wealthy individual or family that co
Lisa James
First read by this specific author. Darkly funny, fast paced, engaging storyline, great action-adventure/thriller/crime genre book. Kind of reminded me of Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler in style. Not my favorite genre as a rule, but I really got a kick out of this one.
Alex Gherzo
Jan 13, 2014 Alex Gherzo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Justice, while not one of the best Sean Dillon adventures, is a worthy entry in the series. This time a British-born Muslim assassin tries to kill the American President and the aftermath sweeps Dillon and his allies into a battle with a Russian oil billionaire, a growing Muslim terrorist umbrella and some hired IRA gunmen.

Spoilers...

The weakest point of the novel are the villains. For the most part they just aren't that interesting. Josef Belov is given an entire chapter dedicated to his
Henri Moreaux
Stories of intrigue are usually intriguing, not so with Dark Justice!

Commencing with a plot to assassinate the US President one has an immediate flashback to a previous novel with a remarkably similar plot development, only this time rather than the perpetrator being an IRA soldier hired by rich industrialist with Islamic fundamentalist views it is a Islamic fundamentalist backed by a rich industrialist.

Naturally the attempt is thwarted by Ferguson/Dillon/Blake&Co at which point they commen
Ed
#12 in the Sean Dillon series.

Sean Dillon and the Prime Ministers secret force act in London, Ireland and Baghdad to thwart Islamic terrorists financed by Russian oil billionaire Belov. Info to the Americans prevents an assassination attempt on the President. General Charles Ferguson is shot and Inspector Hannah Bernstein gravely injured when hit by a car driven by the billionaire's lieutenant.
Francis T. Villante
Final justice

this book was a definite good read. it's main character is Sean Dillon. he's an ex. I.R.A. soldier working with the British secret service. they rampage thru several different country's trying to take down a wealthy Russian oil baron help bent on taking out top political figures. it was exciting and keeps you turning the pages. I recommend it highly.
Debbie
Feb 03, 2016 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it, as I do all the Dillon books (actually I like all of Higgins' books that I have read), but I am a bit worried about Sean...he seems depressed. I hope he perks up in the next book, which I promised myself I would not read right away and get started on another book, but, well, I couldn't help myself and got the next one out!!!
James Bauernfeind
Dec 19, 2014 James Bauernfeind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was introduced to Sean Dillion in this series and found the read to be enjoyable and an easy read. Again, not one of those books that intrigue you as you try to figure out the plot/motive/etc., instead it is plainly laid out path, don't want to say predictable but if you've read enough of these type books iy can seem to be.
Susan
Kind of a crude thriller, but there's a wonderful story about a Russian Oligarch who gets his start in the oil business thanks to saving Saddam's life in bizarre circumstances. Best part of the book. I often think Daniel Silva took Sean Dillon and made a much better character in Gabriel Allon—and much better books.
Bradley L. Stout
Sep 25, 2015 Bradley L. Stout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun stuff!

Good story, lots of action. Sean Dillon is the type that I suspect exists in today's counterterrorism field agencies. I wonder if Ms Novikova somehow survived the explosion and will reappear in another tale. I guess I'll have to get the next several Sean Dillon adventures to find out.
Apolla
Jul 30, 2011 Apolla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another 'stuck in a remote Irish cottage with no television and dodgy internet' read which followed PD James and that Dawn of Empires thing... it was this or something in German, some kind of trashy 'middle-aged woman misery chicklit' thing and Jeffrey Archer.

OK, so I've never read a Sean Dillon book before but my instinct was one of 'Calling Gary-Stu!' If the editor had removed every reference to Sean Dillon being 'the best' at whatever, it would've been a third shorter.

On the other hand, it wa
Wes Baker
Higgins is always good for an escapist read--or in this case, listen. This was another episode in the saga of Sean Dillon, the ex-IRA terrorist turned British intelligence officer. The premise, dealing with a Russian connection to Islamic terrorism in the UK, is timely and Higgins always provides a sense of drawing from some inside information from years of contacts with his sources. Nonetheless, I was put off by Dillon's willingness to, unnecessarily, take justice into his own hands. What I enj ...more
Razvan Banciu
nothing to impress or to remind after. it looks like a twopenny dark policier from 1920. blood, far too many coincidences, the bad guys dumb as night. fight scenes very poor. two stars as a sign of great benevolence...
Michael Sigler
Dec 24, 2014 Michael Sigler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good series to read

I have been reading this series and truly enjoy the main characters. I would recommend it to all people with military background.
Ron
Mar 03, 2014 Ron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I guess that I have read too many of Higgins books with Sean Dillion. This seemed to be the same old story line without much new or exciting.
Raoul Jerome
Good story, good plot. Dillon as his usual victorious self. Had to reconnoiter a couple of times to keep all the bad guys sorted--lots of them and far flung geographically...
Russ Bertetta
Not much of a story; no interweaving plots, no character development, pretty formulaic. A disappointment
Tim Heath
Jan 03, 2015 Tim Heath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second time I've read this (I realised it seemed familiar the more I read) but enjoyable all the same.
Andre Walter
Aug 27, 2015 Andre Walter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sean Dillon book which is as captivating as all the others. A great read
Billie
Jul 15, 2010 Billie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The battle against international terroism continues with renegade Russian agents teaming up IRA members both longing for the good old days of their respective wars. They take on The Prime Ministers Private army led Charles Ferguson with him the most feared enforcer Sean Dillion. The battles range from Irag to England to Ireland. Dillion and his fellow black ops expects battle to the death with those who seek to destroy them. Good exchanges between the characters and enough twists in the story to ...more
Donn Lorber
Decent work of Higgins, easy reading w Dillon and the gang
Barbara Junghans
Feb 27, 2015 Barbara Junghans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forget the details now....
Gail
Aug 01, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good author
Carla Conley
Feb 28, 2014 Carla Conley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually read Dark Justice by Brandilyn Collins and loved it.
Sophie Fransen
Apr 03, 2016 Sophie Fransen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ik vond het verhaal en de personages niet boeiend.
Linzi
Aug 26, 2014 Linzi rated it it was ok
Not a fan!
Bill K
Jul 12, 2016 Bill K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it fast read.
Dr3amgap
Another fast read because you keep on wanting to know what the next move is, this takes you to different places or scenes Washington,London to name a few, just glad I finish it coz the story reminds of what the whole world went through on the aftermath of 9/11 and it makes me feel sad and disturbed. But for sure, if you're a suspense action seeker this would be a book for you.
  • My Life in and out of the Rough: The Truth Behind All That Bull**** You Think You Know About Me
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • The Deceiver
  • Looking for a Ship
  • Sacred Stone (The Oregon Files, #2)
  • An Expensive Place to Die
  • Treasure of the Golden Cheetah (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #5)
  • The Avatari
  • Ice Reich
  • Golf in the Kingdom
  • Death and Honor (Honor Bound, #4)
  • Alistair MacLean's Night Watch
  • Dragon Fire
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • The Last Frontier
  • The Song of the Gladiator (Ancient Rome, #3)
  • India Black and the Gentleman Thief (Madame of Espionage, #4)
  • Adrian Mole: The Lost Years (Adrian Mole #1-4)
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Sean Dillon (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Eye of the Storm (Sean Dillon, #1)
  • Thunder Point (Sean Dillon #2)
  • On Dangerous Ground  (Sean Dillon #3)
  • Angel of Death (Sean Dillon, #4)
  • Drink with the Devil (Sean Dillon #5)
  • The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)
  • The White House Connection (Sean Dillon, #7)
  • Day of Reckoning (Sean Dillon, #8)
  • Edge of Danger (Sean Dillon, #9)
  • Midnight Runner (Sean Dillon, #10)