Start by marking “Books by Yann Martel: Novels by Yann Martel, Life of Pi, Self, the Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  23 reviews
This is nonfiction commentary. Purchase includes a free trial membership in the publisher's book club where you can select from more than a million books without charge. Chapters: Novels by Yann Martel, Life of Pi, Self, the Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios. Source: Wikipedia. Free updates online. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ISBN 0-15-602732-1 (US paperback edition) ISB ...more
Published June 26th 2010 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Books by Yann Martel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Books by Yann Martel

Montravadee Picker
I absolutely loved this book! I think I probably cried three times while reading it. I was reading some of the other reviews on here and I can understand why some would think it confusing and boring.

What I loved about the book was the tenacity and spirit of Pi and his ability to make the best of a tragic situation. His family has just been killed, he's the only survivor of a boating accident and he's stuck on a life boat with a Bengal tiger and a zebra in the middle of the ocean! And let's not
Island Mangano
I personally loved the book because of the adventure and excitement in it. The plot was interesting and kept things alive for more, however I didn't think the fact that they closed the zoo and put all the animals on no boat/ship was really realistic. But that the animals were what made the story what it was, especially the tiger. The setting which started in India and made it's way to the sea and at the end in Mexico. The fact that the story took place in India was really interesting because tha ...more
Dhana
Don't mind admitting it 'The Life of Pi' left me shell shocked for days !! I couldn't see how a story about a Bengal tiger and a boy in a lifeboat would hold my interest..... But it did & I read it straight through. Not only that, but I bought 10 copies and gave them all away as Xmas presents. A marvellous book !!
05megans
Megan Seager
Period 5
The Life of Pi
I read a book called The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I thought that the story was okay, but it was really hard to understand until I got to the very end of the book. I thought that the details and descriptions the author used were good though. Overall I thought that the book was okay, just really confusing.
This book is about a young boy named Piscine or “Pi” Patel who gets on a ship to Canada with his parents. While on the ship, a storm hits leaving him strande
Antoinette Billington

I read The Life of Pi and found it engaging, allegorical, and mystifying. I thought about the book often after I'd read it and wished I could talk about it with a friend who'd read it too.
Penny
The Life of Pi is a mixture of fantasy, zoology, religion, suffering and survival. It’s a whopping good tale that you will remember long after you finish the last page.
Paula Coston
This is about Life of Pi, actually, not the other stuff - but I couldn't find the single title on the Goodreads site. Another fantastic blend of life with unreality, and for that, plus the plot, un-put-downable. Also, incidentally, one of the few books I've seen for which, for me, the film did it (almost) justice.
Debbie
Patricia Todd-dennis
I only read the Life of Pi...excellent!
Sarah Bates
The Life of Pi is now coming out as a movie. I don't know if I have the stomach to see it, having flipped through the most gruesome scenes in the books because they made me physically sick. I liked the books for the author's amazing voice and the plotting, but think it could have been just as successful without the gore.
Carole
I have not seen the movie, but could hardly put the book down.
Christina
though it takes a while to get into, its definitely with the read. its inspiring, heartbreaking, and uplifting at the same time
Pauline Edwards
I read Life of Pi and loved it. It was very different and a bit weird which was what made it compelling reading.
Carolyn
Loved Life of Pi. If you like science fiction, you'll love this book.
Piper
read it in less than a day. highly recommend.
Kiitos
Aug 17, 2012 Kiitos added it
Not so good but not terrible.
Meredith Tournay
Amazing...just amazing.
Deborah
Life of Pi-great read!
Emmalittle100
Loved it. Just loved it.
Chris
love the flow of the story
Annie
Blew me mind!
Mary-lynn
Wonderful read!
Valkyrie
Valkyrie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Elizabeth Ray
Elizabeth Ray is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Micki
Micki marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
  • Gilgamesh: A New Rendering in English Verse
  • The Glass Guardian
  • Eloise
  • A Scientific Romance
  • The Red and the Green (Vintage Classics)
  • Some Day I'll Find You
  • To Love, Honour And Betray (Till Divorce Us Do Part)
  • Death in the Woods and Other Stories
  • This Isn't the Sort of Thing That Happens to Someone Like You
  • American Pharaoh: Mayor Richard J. Daley - His Battle for Chicago and the Nation
  • Broken Laces
  • To the White Sea
  • Later, at the Bar
  • The Aviators: Eddie Rickenbacker, Jimmy Doolittle, Charles Lindbergh, and the Epic Age of Flight
Books LLC is a reprint publisher of nonfiction and fiction which is out of copyright. Books LLC is not a licensed reseller or editor of modern, in-copyright novels.

Books LLC also publishes compilations of Wikipedia articles (e.g., Wikipedia articles about books, rather than the books themselves).
More about Books LLC...
Novels by Charlaine Harris: Living Dead in Dallas, Dead to the World, Definitely Dead, Club Dead, Dead Until Dark, Dead as a Doornail Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Talking to Dragons, Patricia Wrede, Calling on Dragons, Dealing With Dragons Diary of a Wimpy Kid: List of Characters Works by George R. R. Martin (Book Guide): Books by George R. R. Martin, Novels by George R. R. Martin, Short Stories by George R. R. Martin Novels by Ally Carter: Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, Heist Society, I'd Tell You I Love You