Start by marking “Angel Song” as Want to Read:
Angel Song

Angel Song

Angels eagerly watch over Ann Fletcher's every move. She just doesn't know it yet.

Ann Fletcher has returned to Charleston to see her younger sister Sarah receive her master's degree. But she soon finds herself riding in the back of an ambulance, watching helplessly as Sarah fights for her life. As they race to the hospital, Sarah talks to someone who is not there...and h
Published August 1st 2010 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Angel Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Song

Kristina
Nov 02, 2012 Kristina rated it it was ok
Christian fiction keeps letting me down by being entirely and completely predictable and pretty dull. Not to mention the 200-pages-or-less romances that I'm absolutely sick to death of reading. Missionary dating over and over again, let's git-em-saved so we can marry 'em.....

This one was a pleasant read, little more. Nothing particularly unique about it.

Jan Karon, when will you give me something new to read?
Lindy
Feb 25, 2017 Lindy rated it really liked it
Starts off sad but there's a lot more to this story than sadness. I really liked this book and had trouble putting it down. I think I read it in 3 days. Romance, light spirituality, and a bit of angst. Good characters and a good ending. Happy happy.
Kittybchelle
Apr 21, 2012 Kittybchelle rated it it was amazing
Sid Frost
Nov 20, 2010 Sid Frost rated it really liked it
This is the story of Ann Fletcher, a New York City home and office staging designer, who finds herself at a crossroad where she must choose between success in the big city and what she knows deep down is the right thing to do.

She is happily progressing in the business world until the death of her sister Sarah brings her back to her childhood home in Charleston and the reality that she is all alone in the world.

Sarah's friends show Ann the same Christian love they had shared with Sarah, but Ann
Bluerose's  Heart
Aug 09, 2010 Bluerose's Heart rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, romance
You will definitely want to keep some tissues handy with this book! It's one of those with an overall sadness to it. Other than that, I really enjoyed reading Angel Song.
I was expecting more "supernatural" events from what I read in the description. That's a very minor part of the book. You're mostly left with the decision of what you want to believe about the book and the characters. I couldn't help but think that the angels of this story are just as mysterious as the ones in the Bible. God did
Beth
Dec 31, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it
This story was both sad and heartwarming at the same time. After Ann Fletcher loses her sister, Sarah in an accident, she begins to be haunted by a tune that she hears. As Ann readies Sarah's home, the home they both grew up in, to be sold she meets a carpenter, and her neighbors, Tammy and her son, Keith who has Down Syndrome. Keith draws pictures of Ann with angels in them. This disturbs her at first but then she begins to look forward to the pictures. Do the tune and the pictures have somethi ...more
Lou
Tengo sentimientos encontrados con respecto a mi puntuación. La primera mitad del libro me pareció demasiado lenta y Ana no me pareció un personaje muy agradable, así que estuve a punto de abandonarlo. No obstante, la segunda mitad me mostró el por qué del comportamiento de Ana y pude entender mejor su historia.

En general, es una buena historia -no excelente- pero se disfruta mucho y tiene un hermoso mensaje.
Sharon Huether
Feb 02, 2017 Sharon Huether rated it really liked it
Ann feeling survivors remorse after her sister Sarah died in a car accident just before she was to graduate from College.
Ann heard beautiful music when her sister died and throughout many trials as unseen angels ministered to her.
God revealed himself to Ann through her friends Tammy, Keith and Ethan.
A profound story
Yo Leo Ficción Cristiana
description

RESEÑA COMPLETA

Por la descripción de la contraportada, esperaba que este libro fuese una especie de Frank Peretti versión femenina; sin embargo, en esta novela lo que tiene mayor relevancia es la evolución de Ana en su viaje para descubrir el perdón y el amor de Dios.
Jeri Collins
Sep 12, 2010 Jeri Collins rated it liked it
I'd actually rate this a 2.5. It's a good story. The problem I have with this book, as with most books published specifically for the Christian market, is that the story is weak. It's a good story, there just isn't much depth to it. You know pretty quickly how the whole story is going to end up.
Shelley Shrader
Jan 03, 2015 Shelley Shrader rated it really liked it
This is a heart-warming story of a lost and broken young woman who tries to avoid the pain of her past by chasing what the world defines as success. When tragedy forces her to face her past, she meets faith and love which work together to bring healing.
Jen
Mar 14, 2015 Jen rated it liked it
This was interesting. I thought I knew what would happen but the one thing I dreaded happening did not. Good book about believing & recognizing God is everywhere.
Anna Marie
Mar 27, 2017 Anna Marie rated it really liked it
I read many different types of books but this one drew me into the story. What do we hear in our daily lives? Are we really listening to life and life beyond? This would be a good book for Christian book clubs.
Debbie
Jul 29, 2010 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
"Angel Song" is an inspirational romance novel (with a Christian/non-Christian romantic attraction, though at least the guy really does keep his hands off and a distance between them when he realizes Ann doesn't share his faith). This novel will probably appeal to those who enjoyed the "Touched By An Angel" TV show.

The world-building was excellent, bringing the jobs and locations alive in my imagination. The symbolism with the house worked well for me until the end, where it got heavy-handed. Th
Amber Stokes
Jul 13, 2010 Amber Stokes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With characters so real they almost fly off the pages and with such a moving storyline, Angel Song really drew me in and captured my attention. Ann Fletcher suffers through a horrible tragedy right at the very beginning of the novel, and from then on Ann’s life changes forever. She shares a special bond with Keith, a boy with Down Syndrome, and it’s what they can both hear that follows Ann throughout the whole book.

Walsh and Cushman do such a wonderful job of bringing Ann to life. From her job a
Brenda
Jul 25, 2010 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vernie
Sep 19, 2010 Vernie rated it liked it
Even something that appears broken, in the hands of the master artist, can be made into something beautiful than the original”

This is my second time to read a Contemporary Christian Fiction and despite the proliferating novels we have today about fallen angels, it is a refreshing read on another view about Angels and what they really do and what they meant to be.

On the first few chapters we get to know Ann Fletcher , a sleek cosmopolitan woman from New York who had a successful career whose li
Marcie
Aug 27, 2010 Marcie rated it liked it
Anne fletcher has had a troubled past. She left Charleston and her troubled past behind her when she moved to New York. She returns to Charleston for her sister, Sarah's graduation. Tragedy strikes when Sarah is killed in a car accident. Anne returns to her sister's lonely house where Anne is haunted by strange music in her dreams. I liked Anne a lot. She pretends that she is okay, when she is crumbling inside. I have recently lost a loved one and I could identify with her raw emotions. Anne has ...more
Carly
Aug 11, 2010 Carly rated it really liked it
Ann is living life in the fast lane as a designer in New York when she goes to her hometown of Charleston, South Carolina to be with her sister Sarah as she receives her master’s degree. Celebration quickly turns to tragedy when Sarah is killed in a car accident. While riding to the hospital Sarah was humming a song that continued to haunt Ann long after Sarah is gone. She hears the song everywhere.

Ann is surrounded by helpful neighbors including Keith, a boy with Down Syndrome and Ethan, a carp
Lisa
Sep 10, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
I gave the book 4 stars because the song of Angels is such a beautiful gripping experience and it was awesome to read a book about people experiencing such a thing. I didnt give this book 5 stars because I got really tired of the whole interior decorator perspective. I feel like half the volume of the book was about her job and I didnt care what her job was.
Jodi
Jul 20, 2014 Jodi rated it liked it
Kat
Aug 11, 2015 Kat rated it really liked it
Stormy Forester
Paula-O
Jan 21, 2016 Paula-O rated it it was amazing
Angel Song written by Sheila Walsh&Kathryn Cushman

two authors that I like to read and book about Angels -what could be better.

Anne Fletcher has returned to Charleston for her younger sisters graduation when a terrible accident happens as the girls are together. Sarah says just before she dies, Help-anne-Help ...it takes quite awhile before Anne knows what this really means. she at first thinks Sarah needs her help but then she begins to hear music and a peace that she has never felt before.
A
Janet
Dec 28, 2010 Janet rated it really liked it
This book made me smile. I enjoyed it very much.

It started out a little sad when Sarah dies right before she is going to graduate with her masters degree in social work (this is what my daughter will be doing in a few short months so maybe it hit me harder than some) but the growth of Ann(ie) throughout this book is great. I especially like Keith and the huge role he played in this book. It shows that children with Downs Syndrome are amazing children just like every child that God created is.
I
Carman
Aug 11, 2010 Carman rated it really liked it
I definitely loved the subject in this book. Angels are something that most people, including Christians, don’t seriously think about very often. It really made me think and want to do a little more reading about angels and their roles in our lives. There were some things that I didn’t quite agree with, because I believe differently in those areas, but for the most part I liked what the book had to say. Ethan is a really sweet male character, but I didn’t fall in love with him. I think that is b ...more
Amanda
Aug 11, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Anne Fletcher left her life in Charleston ten years ago and now has a rewarding career in New York. She's never had any use for God in her life, and after her sister's car wreck, she sees no reason to change that. The people in Sarah's life adopt Anne with no hesitation and pull her into their circle with love, food, and drawings of angels. Suddenly, Anne is faced with important choices in her life and her career. Will she trust God and her new friends or will she continue to count on only herse ...more
Kristin Williams
Jul 12, 2013 Kristin Williams rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! Such a sweet and touching story!! I loved so many things about this book but to narrow it down to a few shout out praises, here goes: 1) I loved the authors' writing style and techniques!! It was such an easy read and the flow of character conversations was perfect!! I never got confused!!! This book was written for our day and age and I loved it!!! 2) I loved that Ann was and interior designer!! Since I majored in Interior Design for a few years, I felt a connect ...more
Faye Benson
Oct 03, 2012 Faye Benson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I typically don't read Christian novels- having said that I found this one refreshing, not preachy or religious- I enjoyed the inner dialogue and can relate to broken lives- It was not a Cinderella meets a billionaire story - (thank goodness)- I bought it on audio and listened on my way to work for a week- found myself pulling out a few tissues- it's a good read and presents some real issues and how this woman worked through them- recommended! I would add that the audio book has the music playin ...more
Tarasview
Jan 02, 2011 Tarasview rated it really liked it
I thought this was a beautiful story. Angel Song is incredibly poignant and I found myself completely drawn into the story right from the beginning. The main character was very easy to relate to and the supporting characters were just perfect. I thought the authors did an amazing job of showing the lengths God will go to when He is wooing someone to Himself. I loved the honesty of the main character and watching her struggle with God and those around her. This is in no way a cheesy Christian rom ...more
  • Friendship for Grownups
  • Reconstructing Natalie
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • Forever After (Hanover Falls, #2)
  • Love, Charleston
  • Sweetwater Gap
  • Words Unspoken
  • Holding Fast: The Untold Story of the Mount Hood Tragedy
  • Where Love Grows (Fields Of Home #3)
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico
  • Burning Sky
  • Paper Angels
  • The Tapestry of Love
  • Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress
  • Summer Snow (Threads of Change #2)
  • Embrace Me
  • Love Letters in the Sand

Sheila Walsh (05-07-1956) is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and best-selling author with more than 4 million books sold. A featured speaker with Women of Faith®, Sheila has reached more than 3.5 million women by artistically combining honesty, vulnerability, and humor with God's Word.

Author of the best-
More about Sheila Walsh...