Start by marking “Rolie Polie Olie” as Want to Read:
Rolie Polie Olie

Rolie Polie Olie (Rolie Polie Olie)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Rolie Polie Olie lives way up high in the Rolie Polie sky with his mom, his pop, his sister, Zowie, and his dog, Spot. Follow Olie as he spends his day having fun under the Rolie Polie sun.

Spend a day with the Emmy-award winning robots in Rolie Polie Olie's family, complete with the Rolie Polie Rumba Dance done in underpants!
Published January 24th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Rolie Polie Olie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rolie Polie Olie

Ashley Cousin
The very first thing I noticed when I picked up this book was the vivid colors and animation. I know that the book was also a Dinsey Channel show, but the picture book itself demonstrated amazing quality and detailed pictures throughout. The dust jacket is the exact same as the hard cover and the end pages are of green and big white dots. Everything about Rolie Polie Olie screams out primary age group to me. With the context of the story-done with vocab appropriate for the younger age groups, to ...more
Cheryl
Cute, clever, vibrant - but imo ultimately unsatisfying. I'm not surprised tots love it, but I sure would get sick of reading it to them every night.

A catalog of the day's activities that resembles the dream day of many a child, a little fussy & naughty bit at bedtime, and a happy reconciliation. I did check out more of the series from the library; I'll read on to see if they get richer.
Lauren Marotta
Rolie Polie Olie is an adorable book for all ages! This toddler robot makes every child smile and its enjoyable to follow Rolie Polie around for the day.

They depict the family in such a charming setting and the illustrations are bright and relatable. The text is sometimes tricky and may be hard for young children to read. With the book being an enjoyable simple story it will be able to help the young readers over the tougher parts.

This book is relatable and allows children's minds to run wild!
Alex Albaeck
Sep 04, 2014 Alex Albaeck marked it as to-read
Olie is the hero of a Disney Channel hit childrens TV show, Rolie Polie Olie. Olie lives on a planet filled with only great things. It has blue skies and friendly people (robots). Every day comes as a surprise and everything comes to life. Machines act like people and the parents have the right answers to everything. The joyful family have a life full of great and happy times in their little teapot home. This story brings happiness to all readers and all of the colorful animations make the read ...more
Shannon D.
Rolie Polie Olie is about a little "boy" and what his day is like. It starts off with Rolie Polie Olie waking up and what he does in the morning. We are then introduced to his family and his pet. Olie and his family do the chores together after breakfast, but they have fun doing them. Then in the afternoon they all go to the playground and play all sorts of games. After a long day of fun, it is bedtime. The problem is that Olie is not tired and is still full of energy. Olie still wants to play, ...more
Tiffany Askins
This book introduces Rolie Polie Olie and his family. It covers a day in the life of this active robot. I used this book to introduce the author William Joyce and get children familiar with the genre of his writing.
Amber
This book has been one of Fox's favorites for years :)
Randie
I am late to the game but William Joyce is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. His work is brilliant.

My first experience with Rolie Polie Olie was the preschool TV cartoon on the Disney channel. I babysat through my tween and teen years and the cartoon was loved by all the little ones and I enjoyed it too.

The book is just as lovable! Rolie Polie Olie and his family are active, bouncy, and fun. Joyce's illustrations are bright, round, and lively. Fun book!
Anna Groves
I love the rolie polie olie series! I think that this book allows kids to have a bright imagination, as they dance and run and play with polie olie. This book reminds me of my childhood, when this series first came out. I loved these books and to this day so do other kids.
Samantha
Spend a day with Rolie Polie Olie. It's not all fun, there's trouble too, but Rolie's got a good crew. Digital artwork. I liked that there were faces on virtually everything, but the text is too long to be read aloud. PreK-2.
Kim
This was the first book my oldest child memorized...when she was 18 months. It is very colorful and is written in a smooth and catchy rhyme. It also has a sweet lesson at the end of parents forgiveness of a child's poor behavior.
Amber
Lyrically written story and beautiful vibrant illustrations! It's a winner for very young children - especially as a read-aloud - and or older kids and adults who just want to smile :)
Kaethe
I love Joyce' art. This time he does robots. Okay, yeah, there's a distinct 50s look to it all, but the gender stereotyping is largely limited to the visual.
Kim
I thought we'd like this more- but after reading it to Kaiya we thought it was just all right. Cute illustrations though.
Kirei
Mar 24, 2008 Kirei rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: younger-kids
The illustrations are awesome. In typical Rolie Polie Olie style, the text can be a bit crazy. But my son loves this book!
Brigid
Fun to read again and again. The illustrations really sparked our imaginations about this little guy and his world.
Eleanor loves this book so much. I think we've read it 10,000x this week.
Bridget
Rolie Polie Olie is a favorite character in our house.
Brook Miller
Love the drawings of William Joyce!
Bridget
On the hardcover shelf.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Sharron Peters
Sharron Peters marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
  • Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash
  • The Pig in the Pond Big Book
  • Ten In The Bed
  • I Love You As Much...
  • Bubbles, Bubbles (Sesame Beginnings)
  • Pigsty
  • The Flea's Sneeze
  • The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Happy Birthday, Little Pookie
  • Where Is Baby's Mommy?: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • Clifford's Busy Week (Clifford the Big Red Dog (Paperback))
  • My Little Sister Ate One Hare
  • My Big Truck Book
  • Over in the Meadow
  • Deep in the Forest
  • Biggest, Strongest, Fastest
  • The Short Giraffe
William Joyce does a lot of stuff—films, apps, Olympic curling—but children’s books are his true bailiwick (The Numberlys, The Man in the Moon, Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King, Toothiana, and the #1 New York Times bestselling The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, which is also an Academy Award–winning short film, to name a few). He lives with his family in Shre ...more
More about William Joyce...

Rolie Polie Olie (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Sleepy Time Olie
  • Big Time Olie
  • Snowie Rolie
  • Be My Pal (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • Little Spot of Color (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • How Many Howdys? (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • Olie (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Billy (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Zowie (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Spot (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King The Man in the Moon (The Guardians of Childhood, #1) E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core Toothiana: Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies