Start by marking “Rolie Polie Olie” as Want to Read:
Rolie Polie Olie

Rolie Polie Olie (Rolie Polie Olie)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  192 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Rolie Polie Olie lives way up high in the Rolie Polie sky with his mom, his pop, his sister, Zowie, and his dog, Spot. Follow Olie as he spends his day having fun under the Rolie Polie sun.

Spend a day with the Emmy-award winning robots in Rolie Polie Olie's family, complete with the Rolie Polie Rumba Dance done in underpants!
Published January 24th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Rolie Polie Olie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rolie Polie Olie

Ashley Cousin
Feb 17, 2012 Ashley Cousin rated it liked it
The very first thing I noticed when I picked up this book was the vivid colors and animation. I know that the book was also a Dinsey Channel show, but the picture book itself demonstrated amazing quality and detailed pictures throughout. The dust jacket is the exact same as the hard cover and the end pages are of green and big white dots. Everything about Rolie Polie Olie screams out primary age group to me. With the context of the story-done with vocab appropriate for the younger age groups, to ...more
Lauren Marotta
Rolie Polie Olie is an adorable book for all ages! This toddler robot makes every child smile and its enjoyable to follow Rolie Polie around for the day.

They depict the family in such a charming setting and the illustrations are bright and relatable. The text is sometimes tricky and may be hard for young children to read. With the book being an enjoyable simple story it will be able to help the young readers over the tougher parts.

This book is relatable and allows children's minds to run wild!
Alex Albaeck
Sep 04, 2014 Alex Albaeck marked it as to-read
Olie is the hero of a Disney Channel hit childrens TV show, Rolie Polie Olie. Olie lives on a planet filled with only great things. It has blue skies and friendly people (robots). Every day comes as a surprise and everything comes to life. Machines act like people and the parents have the right answers to everything. The joyful family have a life full of great and happy times in their little teapot home. This story brings happiness to all readers and all of the colorful animations make the read ...more
Shannon D.
Mar 21, 2012 Shannon D. rated it really liked it
Rolie Polie Olie is about a little "boy" and what his day is like. It starts off with Rolie Polie Olie waking up and what he does in the morning. We are then introduced to his family and his pet. Olie and his family do the chores together after breakfast, but they have fun doing them. Then in the afternoon they all go to the playground and play all sorts of games. After a long day of fun, it is bedtime. The problem is that Olie is not tired and is still full of energy. Olie still wants to play, ...more
Tiffany Askins
May 07, 2014 Tiffany Askins rated it really liked it
This book introduces Rolie Polie Olie and his family. It covers a day in the life of this active robot. I used this book to introduce the author William Joyce and get children familiar with the genre of his writing.
Amber
May 14, 2014 Amber rated it really liked it
This book has been one of Fox's favorites for years :)
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Feb 16, 2012 Randie D. Camp, M.S. rated it really liked it
I am late to the game but William Joyce is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. His work is brilliant.

My first experience with Rolie Polie Olie was the preschool TV cartoon on the Disney channel. I babysat through my tween and teen years and the cartoon was loved by all the little ones and I enjoyed it too.

The book is just as lovable! Rolie Polie Olie and his family are active, bouncy, and fun. Joyce's illustrations are bright, round, and lively. Fun book!
Anna Groves
I love the rolie polie olie series! I think that this book allows kids to have a bright imagination, as they dance and run and play with polie olie. This book reminds me of my childhood, when this series first came out. I loved these books and to this day so do other kids.
Samantha
Spend a day with Rolie Polie Olie. It's not all fun, there's trouble too, but Rolie's got a good crew. Digital artwork. I liked that there were faces on virtually everything, but the text is too long to be read aloud. PreK-2.
Kim
Apr 15, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
This was the first book my oldest child memorized...when she was 18 months. It is very colorful and is written in a smooth and catchy rhyme. It also has a sweet lesson at the end of parents forgiveness of a child's poor behavior.
Amber
Oct 28, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing
Lyrically written story and beautiful vibrant illustrations! It's a winner for very young children - especially as a read-aloud - and or older kids and adults who just want to smile :)
Kaethe
Jul 08, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
I love Joyce' art. This time he does robots. Okay, yeah, there's a distinct 50s look to it all, but the gender stereotyping is largely limited to the visual.
Kim
Jul 08, 2008 Kim rated it liked it
I thought we'd like this more- but after reading it to Kaiya we thought it was just all right. Cute illustrations though.
ABC
Mar 24, 2008 ABC rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: younger-kids
The illustrations are awesome. In typical Rolie Polie Olie style, the text can be a bit crazy. But my son loves this book!
Brigid
Mar 23, 2013 Brigid rated it really liked it
Fun to read again and again. The illustrations really sparked our imaginations about this little guy and his world.
Jul 12, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eleanor
Eleanor loves this book so much. I think we've read it 10,000x this week.
Bridget
May 20, 2008 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-fantasy
Rolie Polie Olie is a favorite character in our house.
Brook Miller
Feb 24, 2008 Brook Miller rated it it was amazing
Love the drawings of William Joyce!
Bridget
On the hardcover shelf.
Roy Vieira
Roy Vieira rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2016
Krista Bjorn
Krista Bjorn marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jan 29, 2016
Nancy-Jane
Nancy-Jane rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Tyler DeFusco
Tyler DeFusco marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Jazemen
Jazemen marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Conquering Dinner
Conquering Dinner marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash
  • The House that Jack Built
  • Ten In The Bed
  • Let's Go Home, Little Bear
  • Bubbles, Bubbles (Sesame Beginnings)
  • The Flea's Sneeze
  • Pigsty
  • I Love You As Much...
  • The Short Giraffe
  • Clifford's Busy Week (Clifford the Big Red Dog (Paperback))
  • My Little Sister Ate One Hare
  • Oh, Look!
  • My Big Truck Book
  • Deep in the Forest
  • Happy Birthday, Little Pookie
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Where Is Baby's Mommy? (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
William Joyce does a lot of stuff—films, apps, Olympic curling—but children’s books are his true bailiwick (The Numberlys, The Man in the Moon, Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King, Toothiana, and the #1 New York Times bestselling The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, which is also an Academy Award–winning short film, to name a few). He lives with his family in Shre ...more
More about William Joyce...

Rolie Polie Olie (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Sleepy Time Olie
  • Big Time Olie
  • Snowie Rolie
  • Be My Pal (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • Little Spot of Color (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • How Many Howdys? (Rolie Polie Olie Board Book)
  • Olie (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Billy (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Zowie (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)
  • Spot (Rolie Polie Olie Shaped Board Book)