Start by marking “Tough Cookies” as Want to Read:
Tough Cookies

Tough Cookies

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
British food was never renowned for its flair and inventiveness until the 1980s when Marco Pierre White led an extraordinary revolution in British cuisine. Passionate and unpredictable, he inspired many of the top chefs in Britain today. In this insightful book, Simon Wright exposes the revolution for what it was and shows how the passionate idealism of the early years has ...more
Published April 3rd 2006 by Profile Books(GB)

To ask other readers questions about Tough Cookies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Cookies

Christopher Borum
As a 2013 Christmas gift, this only recently hit the TBR pile. But I promised family members who gave me books that I'd try to read them right away, and this one was first.

For some reason, I have a fascination with the recent crop of celebrity chefs. Maybe it's because my father used to watch Julia Child many years ago, and i'd sit with him and help in the kitchen. I read Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly a few years ago, and then A Cook's Tour: Global Adventures in Ex
Mike
Awesome book; amazing short biographies on 4 of England's culinary heavyweights. The only thing I hate about this kind of book is that it makes me think I joined the wrong profession.
Jo
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Anne
Really interesting and well written account of the lives of four of our most successful chefs.
Samantha Kelly
Samantha Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
J.W
J.W marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Michele Cousens
Michele Cousens marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Tough Cookies: Tales of obsession, toil and tenacity from Britain's culinary heavyweights The 1 Week Self-Organization Challenge: 20 Valuable Strategies to Help Organize Your Time, Organize Your Productivity and Achieve Greater Self-Esteem in ... achievement, self esteem, setting goals) Organize Your Life In 1 Month: Sort Out Your Life In 1 Month Through Home Organization and Time Management (home organization, life instruction book, life, ... home logic, home design, time management) The Handbook of Organic and Fair Trade Food Marketing Self-Organization In 8 Weeks: Your Ultimate Guide To A More Organized And Productive Life (Organizational Behavior, Organizational Psychology, Success, ... Time Management, Life Coaching, Goals)