Start by marking “Raw Family” as Want to Read:
Raw Family

Raw Family

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  23 reviews
There is no knowledge more important than the knowledge of listening to our body for the sake of our own health. We have an illusion that someone from the outside can heal us. If anybody can heal us, it is only ourselves. It will take centuries for science to learn the hopelessness of the attempt to push the everchanging human body into frames of scientific theories. But i ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2007 by Raw Family (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Raw Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Family

Lindsey
Jul 18, 2010 Lindsey rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those considering a raw food diet
Recommended to Lindsey by: Angela Stokes-Monarch
This is not really a book to read if you're looking for information on switching to a raw foods diet, but it is an interesting story of how an entire family went from being rich in money and indulgent in food to diseased to healed (after they totally went out on a limb and switched their diet overnight) to broke and homeless to very happy and peaceful.
It's a very fast read (68 small pages - the rest of the book is recipes and photos), and one of the most interesting things is how each member of
Melanie
Dec 08, 2008 Melanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vegans, vegetarians, raw fooders
Dr. Hicham
This was a highly entertaining and compelling one-day read full of fascinating information that definitely dovetails nicely with sustainable living. I'd say the common theme between the two is taking personal responsibility for our health as well as our future and those of our children and future generations. It's packed with tremendous food for thought, no pun intended.
Andy
It's pretty awesome how this family overcomes some intense challenges. Some good recipes to try out and I will probably read another book from this family.
Natalie Pyles
In this little and humble book the Boutenko family tells of their experience leaving Russia, coming to the US, getting fat and sick, and turning to a completely raw food diet. This book will give you an interesting way to think about food. Honestly, it is a life changing book. Their new lifestyle surpasses food, it affects everything about their life. For a person who likes wholesomeness, minimalism or implementing radical life changes, this will be exciting. It is controversial of course, but t ...more
Miranda
This is a very short book, but gives a good autobiographical story of a family that started learning about raw food. It was written in journal format - several family members traded off in different sections, and we see their thoughts and feelings. I like that it explained how and why the family made their food choices, and how it affected their health. All the family members are battling illnesses or disease at the start of the book, and all are healthy and not under a doctor's care by the end.
chasmyn
Mar 19, 2008 chasmyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people interested in a raw food life.
Recommended to chasmyn by: Jenise Sidebotham
As a person who is new to the whole raw food world and is looking for information on the difference it can make, I found this book to be very helpful. The story of the Boutenkos is an amazing one, to say the least, and the difference that eating raw has made in their lives is abundantly clear. It was an easy read that I would recommend to anyone interested in reading personal stories about the difference that raw living can make for people.
Lorra Fae
I've read this before - in 2008, it was one of the first books I read about the raw food diet. Life-changing. Even though I now follow a low fat raw diet (5.5 years later), this little book is still a fantastic source of inspiration. Read it again today just for some nostalgia :) quick read.
Emily Mellow
Great book. Nice and short yet inspiring and educational. Sergei's message to youth at the end can be skipped, however, and the recipes in the back don't have an index. So that's sort of useless. But the story is life altering for anyone interested in optimal health for their family.
Alex Samanta
I thought This book Was amazing! Makes me want to do the same thing they did! :) i want to be Able to follow My intuition and know what things/foods My body/mind needs. :)
Margaret
Dec 04, 2008 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that is health concious
Recommended to Margaret by: self
The Boutenko's are truly a family of wellness practitioners who eat their talk. It is a very short book but well written. Did enjoy their journey to good health.
Laityfamily
What a cool story. Even if you would never consider going totally raw there is a lot to learn about eating and living healthy in this little biography.
Leigh Hunt
Brilliant account of a very sick family bringing themselves back to ultimate health through the consumption of a raw food diet. Highly recommend!
Jess
Great testimony of an entire family whose lives were drastically changed and bodies healed through eating a 100% raw vegan diet. Inspiring!
Jessica
Interesting. I wonder how they made it through the most recent recession. Maybe Ashland was unaffected.
Theresa
Enlightening, encouraging, miraculous and my children LOVED listening to me read this to them.
Wendyh
interesting quick read. Not sure I buy all their miraculous health claims, though.
Peg
good read. inspiring story of the beginning and the ups & downs of becoming a raw foodie
Bobby
A good challenge - but the family seems a bit fake/extreme at times.
Wendy
Very interesting story about a family who went raw.
Kat
Oct 14, 2008 Kat rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Americans
Shelves: health-vegan
This is a short book but with great impact!!!
Mary Strack- Lebaron
Their adventure of being on Raw food Wonderful!1
Shannon Salvatore
This one changed my life on health!
Ekaterina
Ekaterina marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Tasha Paton
Tasha Paton marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Luminita Sima
Luminita Sima marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
  • Conscious Eating
  • The 80/10/10 Diet: Balancing Your Health, Your Weight, and Your Life, One Luscious Bite at a Time
  • The Sunfood Diet Success System
  • The Wheatgrass Book: How to Grow and Use Wheatgrass to Maximize Your Health and Vitality
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • Digestive Wellness: How to Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion
  • The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
  • Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day
  • Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System
  • Eating in the Raw: A Beginner's Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way
  • Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • The New Portuguese Table: Exciting Flavors from Europe's Western Coast
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • The World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony
  • Food for Life: How the New Four Food Groups Can Save Your Life
41941
Victoria Boutenko is an author, teacher, inventor, researcher, artist and mother of three. She teaches classes on healthy living and raw food all over the world. As a result of her research and teachings, thousands of people are drinking and sharing green smoothies.

Source: http://greensmoothiesblog.com/who-is-...
More about Victoria Boutenko...
Green for Life Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food Raw Family Signature Dishes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Essential Live-Food Recipes Raw and Beyond: How Omega-3 Nutrition Is Transforming the Raw Food Paradigm