Start by marking “The Wrong Bus: An Urban Christmas Story” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Bus: An Urban Christmas Story

The Wrong Bus: An Urban Christmas Story

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Ida, a wealthy older optimist, sets out to complete her Christmas shopping, little does she know the dramatic turn her life will take when she decides to go by bus to save a few dollars and becomes the victim of a brutal assault. Her luck takes a three-sixty turn when Junior, a young African-American student from the wrong side of town with troubles of his own, comes ...more
Published June 18th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Bus

Anna Walls

Are you in the mood for a really touching Christmas story? Please allow me to entice you to read this one.

Here we have a sweet little old lady (white, by the way) living a lonely life with only her best friend and house keeper (black, by the way) as company. With the anticipation of her son finally returning from the war she decides to go shopping, and being a very proper lady, she simply must dress properly, no matter if her shoes hurt her feet. It was such a lovely day, she decided to take the
Christa
I have been exploring a lot of different literary genres lately and I noticed that paranormal thrillers and romance, mysteries, science-fiction, and fantasy seem to be among the most popular ones these days. Whether you walk into an ordinary brick-and-mortar bookstore or peruse the online blogs, trolls, vampires, and werewolves glare or growl at you from every corner. You can't help but wonder if the lives of "normal," everyday human beings are no longer fit topics for literature.

Don't get me w
Avry15
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

This is a book that definitely would stay in your bookshelf…

The Wrong Bus is a story of real people in real situations, they are those people who are struggling with grief/problems/life challenges, full of dreams but are lost, all brought up in a life-changing accident where they found the true meaning of Christmas- compassion and love.

It’s wonderful that these characters have different desires and yet at the end, they end up wanting to bear the risk
Becky
I was chosen to receive this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank You!

(Notification received 10/20/2011; Book received 10/24/2011)

First of all, I am grateful to have received an autographed copy of this book from the author.

I have really struggled with this review. I have put it off, started reading the book again, refused to read anything else-until the review is written, and found myself staring at a blank screen for far too long.

The story was predictable but satisfying. I was a
Jason Pettus

Although he certainly gets a lot of credit for having his heart in the right place, John Noel Hampton's "urban Christmas tale" The Wrong Bus is unfortunately a bit of a mess, starting with the fact that it is such an overwhelming collection of cliches as to be almost a self-parody, one that you suspect wou
Anna
I was chosen to receive a copy of this book and am thankful I did.I liked this book. While it is contemporary, it is a definitely "feel good" story, but maybe not exactly realistic enough. The characters seem too good, even when they are in bad situations. Still I enjoyed reading it. It helped start off my Holiday reading.
Alice
I really enjoyed this book - it was a feel good tale, just right for this time of year.

Although it dealt with quite a few difficult issues, it felt like a pretty lighthearted story and left me with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face by the time I reached the last page :)
Sarah Goode
Loved it!

Not the sort of book I'd normally choose, but perfect for this time of year. I could easily see this book being made into a Movie for holiday season.

Glad things turned out how I hoped they would. A feel good book.

Paul
Firstly thankyou, I won this through yourselves.

The book is a feel good story. Its not going to set the world alight, but its not going to make you feel disapointed either.
Naynae
Naynae marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Auntie_roni
Auntie_roni marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Mybucklingbookshelf
Mybucklingbookshelf marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Janine
Janine added it
Sep 06, 2014
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Gloria Smith
Gloria Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Sheryl Boyce
Sheryl Boyce marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Marie Vanessa
Marie Vanessa marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Valery
Valery marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
John was a SVP with Sear Saving Bank in Los Angeles for 22 years and decided to turn his talents toward writing. He's written two novels, five screenplays and numerous short stories. His novel THE WRONG BUS is available on Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003ZKBDTY And, my website is: www.JohnNoelHampton.com

John lives in Palm Springs, California where he writes, walks his two dogs and enjoy
More about John Noel Hampton...
The Wrong Bus, An Urban Christmas Story Free ebook