Start by marking “Legal Handbook for Photographers: The Rights and Liabilities of Making Images” as Want to Read:
Legal Handbook for Photographers: The Rights and Liabilities of Making Images

Legal Handbook for Photographers: The Rights and Liabilities of Making Images

Beginning with the basic laws that govern photography, this legal manual helps photographers understand the basic matters of access and privacy, covering issues such as shooting images on private property, consent, and the photography of public groups. Subjects addressed include the legalities of photographing currency, stamps, securities, trademarks, seals, and insignia; ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Amherst Media, Inc. (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Legal Handbook for Photographers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Handbook for Photographers

Pearse Anderson
Okay, so I only had time to read like 40 pages of this, and it is a reference work, but it is clearly the best photography rights handbook or document I have ever seen. Most other civil rights guides on the subject just are referencing this. So I'm glad I had the third edition (2012 release) and I'm glad I took the time to at least read the first few chapters. I really hope I can get the opportunity to come back to it later, since I was about to slip into private property rights.
A bit full of va
Pearse Anderson
Fuck you Goodreads, I hate your interface. I did not read this four times, I am not currently reading this, I just wrote a review for this book that apparently was scrubbed. It's a good book. Now stop giving me trouble you weird, weird website.
Dan
Nov 27, 2011 Dan rated it liked it
I had a very specific question in mind: if I took a photo in a public space, and the building owners told me I could not use the photo without paying, can I use it? What if I was standing on their lawn, probably slightly off the public space? This book convinced me that whether it was legal or not, it was not worth the hassle.
Daisy
Mar 12, 2010 Daisy rated it it was ok
it was okay, pretty interesting. A lot didn't apply to me so I was able to skim over some stuff, but it did teach me a few new things.
Shauna Parker
Shauna Parker rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2009
Bob Davis
Bob Davis rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Alyska
Alyska rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Cindi Blyberg
Cindi Blyberg rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2008
Alisd888
Alisd888 rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Kimmy W.
Kimmy W. rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Rob Weir
Rob Weir rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Benji
Benji rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
December
December rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Mathew Lodge
Mathew Lodge rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Danny
Danny rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Sandra Stewart
Sandra Stewart rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
Bob Davis
Bob Davis rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Greg Kemble
Greg Kemble rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2017
Rebecca Travis
Rebecca Travis rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2015
César Barroso
César Barroso rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Richard Adduci
Richard Adduci rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Elliot Dougherty
Elliot Dougherty rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Jesse
Jesse rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2012
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
greg
greg rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Scurvy Jay
Scurvy Jay rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Bert P. Krages II is an attorney who concentrates on intellectual property and environmental law. He is recognized nationally as an advocate of the right to take photographs in public places, having appeared in media such as National Public Radio’s Morning Edition, Popular Photography, Shutterbug, and Wired.
More about Bert P. Krages II...