Start by marking “Untamed Highlander” as Want to Read:
Untamed Highlander

Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword #4)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  2,161 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Druid-born and magic-blessed, Isla is one of the deadliest she-devils ever to serve the forces of darkness. As an immortal Highland warrior, it's up to Hayden Campbell to destroy her and her kind. But for Hayden, Isla is more than a sworn enemy. She is temptation…

Taking Isla captive, Hayden hopes to avenge his kinsmen who died by Druid magic. But when he looks into Isla's
Published April 26th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Untamed Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untamed Highlander

Sammy Loves Books
Druid-born Isla is one of the deadliest she-devils ever to serve the forces of darkness. Immortal Highland warrior, Hayden Campbell falls hard for the enemy in this one and it's much better than the previous books of this series.

3.5 Stars
Kathleen
Apr 29, 2011 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Donna turned up the heat in this book and I LIKED IT! I definitely plan on continuing this series.
LWB Marissa
Apr 06, 2011 LWB Marissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Note: For your overall reading enjoyment I suggest strongly to read this series in order because of the ongoing plot and world building.

My Review:
In a world where the forces of darkness plot to rule the world with black magic, a small group of warriors refuses to align themselves with this evil. These immortal Highland warriors all have an archaic god inside them, each has a different power, and they were turned by the forces of darkness but escaped. Now they have joined forces to defea
Annette Clair
May 18, 2011 Annette Clair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is IMPOSSIBLE to read one of Donna Grants highlander books & not fall in love w/ the Hero. Impossible. I dare anyone of you to read this series and then tell me you do NOT want to marry these highlanders & have their babies... PFFFFT, never happen. C'mon August! Want book 5!
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Mar 23, 2011 Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read-series
Thinking they had finally rid the world of the great evilness that was Deirdre, Warriors Hayden Campbell and Fallon MacLeod are searching the area around Cairn Toul looking for survivors of the last battle. It seems to be a lost cause when Hayden comes upon a grievously wounded young woman. Determined to save this woman that he feels a compelling attraction to, Hayden brings her to the MacLeod castle for healing. It is there that Hayden discovers his foundling is none other than Isla, the Drough ...more
Claudia
Dec 18, 2014 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In book four, Untamed Highlander, to story moves from the MacLeod brothers to their friends.

After the battle and defeat of Deirdre Fallon and Hayden go back to the mountain to look for warrior or Druid survivors.

Hayden Campbell brings home Isla - a druid who was Deirdre's servant. In the previous book there were glimpses of Islas struggle with the dark magic and her need to protect her family that kept her for 500 years in Deirdre's grasp. Now that her family is dead the only thing that remains
Leagh
May 10, 2011 Leagh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, signed, arc
This installment of the Dark Sword Series was about Hayden and Isla.

Hayden is a very passionate warrior with intense loyalty to the ones he considers family. He has incredible strength and the ability to control fire. Isla is one of the most powerful she-devils ever to live. She has spent over 500 year unwillingly serving Deidre until an attack on the mountain left her injured and alone. She is rescued by Hayden and taken back the the MacLean castle. Hayden and Isla have combustible chemistry t
The fourth book in the Dark Sword series. I was really looking forward to Hayden Campbell's story and his match with Isla, an evil Druid, and therefore, sworn enemy. Hayden finds Isla injured and has an immediate and confusing connection to her. He takes her away to the MacLeod castle to recuperate and they both learn that they have feelings for each other that could be very dangerous.
I loved Isla's strength of character and her intelligence. Hayden is, of course, beautiful but conflicted. When
Dorota
Mar 07, 2011 Dorota rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a great privilege to receive an ARC of this book and OMG how happy I am!
I think it's the best of the series so far.
Hayden is a tormented hero who is torn between his past and his heart desire.
Isla as a drough has a choice to make and it is not an easy one.

Great read and flawless story. Humor and action with hot hot love scenes :) Everything you might want - great story, sexi hero, strong herione and great read :)
Loved it and thank you Donna for an opportunity to enjoy the book.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Sep 15, 2013 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
3.5 (rounded up)
I liked Hayden and Isla. My only issue is I thought both where a little too angsty. There was a moment I thought they got over their issue(s), but it was a brief one. The friendships between the women and the Warriors are strong ones, and I like how everyone has each others back. The biggest thing? The big bad. Deidre. The overall story-arc continues.
Lyn
Mar 27, 2011 Lyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the series! I couldn't get enough of Hayden and his wicked ways! Yum! His love interest in this book was a surprise and the passion between the two was hot!

Had a great ending and as the saga continues I am anxious for the next book about Galen.
Margaret
Apr 26, 2011 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book!!!!! the stories just keep on getting better and better
Lisa Jones
Apr 10, 2011 Lisa Jones rated it it was amazing
This series rocks!
Analee
May 21, 2011 Analee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series!
Jan 13, 2017 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is a bit darker. I knew Hayden would eventually find a drough he couldn't resist but it was very intense reading about it. It was heartbreaking to imagine him struggling all through the book. And how hard he fought his feelings. He had such darkness in him. Isla was also a bit broken, but it adds quality to the story. And it made it so touching. We also learn more about Deirdre's story, which at this point I think everybody is curious about. Nicely done.

Lori McD
Well, surprise surprise - Deirdre is still alive! Or at least her spirit is, almost like Voldemort in the Harry Potter series until he regains his body.

This book is about Hayden, the blonde giant Warrior who hates all drough Druids, because the drough killed his family. Drough Druids undergo a ceremony at a certain age where they cut themselves and give themselves and the blood shed during the ceremony over to evil. The blood is usually bottled and hung around the drough's neck; it's called The
Lisa Jo
A passionate and striking tale, Untamed Highlander by Donna Grant is a fantastic read. Fans of her Dark Sword Series should be eager to read this latest installment!

Hayden Campbell is scouring wreckage from the Warrior’s latest battle when he spots a young woman, barely alive, in need of help. He immediately takes her to MacLeod Castle and soon realizes she is the thing he has spent most of his existence despising. Isla is a drough, the evil that brutally murder Hayden’s family and what he has d
Dani Salinas
Dec 19, 2011 Dani Salinas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In book 4 of Donna Grant’s Dark Sword series turned into a great surprise. Finally the story of Isla is revealed giving us much information concerning Hayden. I enjoyed this story immensely because of the characters themselves. It is rather rare to discover characters that want to believe so strongly in a world that is only black and white. I discovered this is the world Hayden had chosen to live with since his family was destroyed and his world turned upside down.
I understood Hayden’s way of th
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

untamed-highlander-dark-sword-donna-grantHayden Campbell was forever scarred when he came home to find his family had been decimated by a drough. Since then, Hayden has sworn to avenge his family’s death, and has killed every drough he has come into contact with. So imagine his surprise when the beautiful female he rescued from Cairn Toul turns out to be one of the vile creatures.

Hayden feels an instant connection to Isl
Bridgette Bandell
Feb 16, 2013 Bridgette Bandell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Begun reading Untamed Highlander the same day as I finished Wicked Highlander... I could not stop myself! This book kept me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning. Hayden Campbell and Isla, the From Hayden saving Isla on Cairn Toul all the way (view spoiler) at the end. Hayden, having his entire family killed by a drough and his vow to find and kill the drough that did it did not warm up to Isla very easily at all. (view spoiler) ...more
Book Review Diva
Donna Grant "Untamed Highlander

Isla had the perfect and peaceful life living among her druid friends and family. That all changed one faithful day when out of no where, men on horses dressed in black snatched Isla, her sister, and her niece. They are all taken to one of the most horrific places on earch, Carin Toul Mountain. A evil Drough lives and operates Carin Toul on the Mountain, her name is Deidre. Deidre, like most evil creates of her ilk, dreams of nothing but more power. She will stop
Cheryl
Apr 24, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The warriors have escaped Deirdre’s grasp. Now that she has been defeated for the current moment. While checking for survivors, they come across an injured woman. Hayden for some unexplained reason feels very protective of this woman. Though, when he learns that she is a druid, Hayden’s feelings toward her are still of lust but he also is guarded around her. His family was destroyed by druid magic.

Isla is a druid but she was just a prisoner of Deirdre’s as the MacLeods and the rest of the warri
Michelle
Dec 09, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a roller coaster! I loved Hayden before this book. He was like that bff of the family you wish would just find someone nice to love and love him. But man I went through a roller coaster with him in this book that I rarely see. When he got smacked I was like I hope it stung and you deserved worse. He was the biggest horses ass I have seen since well let's just say it has been a while. I seriously at points in this book did not know if I could love him in the end. War is ugly and can have goo ...more
Sheryl
Jun 14, 2011 Sheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books just keep getting better. As much as I enjoyed books 1 and 2, I enjoyed books 3, and now 4, even more. Hayden is your typical stubborn warrior and Isla is just as headstrong but together they complement each other and are a perfect match. Hayden hates all droughs (druids who have given themselves to the devil and black magic) and has sworn to kill them. Isla, of course, is a drough, although not by choice. They are a romance novel "match made in heaven".

This book brings back all of
Joy
I never expected to like this story because I didn't care much for Hayden and Isla, but they're too conflicted among themselves and towards each other I can't resist but read on.

Hayden is living in angst for centuries and he hates droughs for what his family suffered. Isla is an unwilling drough, she's a victim in the grand scheme of things, being made to do evil things against her will, with both her sister and niece as Dierdre's leverage.

When Hayden and Isla first made love, it's not all sunsh
Barby
Mar 24, 2015 Barby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Denme un minutos para poder calmar mis emociones tras terminar este libro.
Ok... Inhalo. Exhalo. Listo.
ME ENCANTÓOOOOOOOO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (grito para descargar lo bien que me siento)
Damas y caballeros, con ustedes, el libro que logró remontar la historia para bien después del fiasco que me llevé con el tercero.
Aquí tenemos la historia entre *redobles de tambores* ¡Hayden e Isla! Verán, ni en mis más locos sueños (?) pensé que habría una historia de ellos j
Olimpia
Dec 13, 2012 Olimpia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hayden and Isla’s story was amazing. I am finding that these books get better as we go.

I wasn’t sure how I’d like their story. But Donna Grant really does an excellent job of putting them together. They are two tortured souls coming together and learning to trust.

Hayden hates Droughs and has hated them since losing his family. Finding Isla hurt, Hayden is immediately protective, unknowing that she’s a Drough. Once Hayden finds out that she’s a Drough, we go through all of his struggles in accept
Carlyn
Feb 05, 2012 Carlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in Donna Grant's Dark Sword series and it seems to just get better book by book for me!
This is the story of Hayden and Isla. Hayden is an immortal highland warrior who shares his body with a god, he finds Isla in the freezing remains of an evil druids mountain and brings her home to be healed what he doesn't realise at the time is that she is drough which is the ones thing he hates more than anything as they killed his family.
Isla has been a slave to an evil druid named
Carla Simoes
May 10, 2014 Carla Simoes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-english, 2014

o 4ºlivro da serie dark swords é sobre o hayden um warrior de pele vermelha que controla o fogo e que odeia todos os droughs porque um deles matou a familia dele, e sobre a isla uma drough que foi obrigada a servir a dreide para tentar salvar a mae e a irma.

claro que eles se encontram, tudo porque o hayden decide salva-la da montanha onde aconteceu o ataque a dreide no ultimo livro.
quando ele descobre quem ela é e o que é já é tarde demais, a atraçao e a vontade de a proteger ja esta la.

o livr
Michelle the Romance Witch
I loved this latest installment of the series and can’t wait for the rest of the series. Hayden and Isla’s relationship is problematic from the beginning but by the end we are reminded that sometimes the most different of individuals can come together into an explosive and fiery union, destined to last forever. Hayden and Isla’s story was definitely one of my favorites of the series. Ms. Grant is definitely a master at taking two characters with troubled pasts, intensely suspicious natures, and ...more
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • The Viper (Highland Guard, #4)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the sizzling Dark King series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the
More about Donna Grant...

Dark Sword (6 books)
  • Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1)
  • Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2)
  • Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3)
  • Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5)
  • Darkest Highlander (Dark Sword, #6)

“Hayden to his knees only to come level with a pair of the most amazing ice-blue eyes which were staring at him. “End this,” Isla whispered. “Please, take my head.” 0 likes
“Leave or stay, Hayden, but make your decision now.” 0 likes