Start by marking “Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)

Red Cell (Rogue Warrior #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,420 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A brilliant virtuoso of violence, Richard Marcinko rose through Navy ranks to create and command one of this country's most elite and classified counterterrorist units, SEAL TEAM SIX. Now this thirty-year veteran recounts the secret missions and Special Warfare madness of his worldwide military career -- and the riveting truth about the top-secret Navy SEALs.

Marcinko was a
Published (first published November 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Red Cell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Cell

Benjamin King
I read the first Rogue Warrior book when it came out years ago, so my memory of it is vague, but I think it was non-fiction. In this one, Marcinko and his ghost writer John Weisman tell a "might have happened" tale in which the Rogue Warrior is put back on active duty for ambiguous reasons. It's a classic plot of chase and capture and delayed revelation - the only two real plots for any action story. I had personal contact with a real Navy SEAL for years, and so the military jargon and the brava ...more
D.L. Thomas
I thought this was incredibly fun to read. I like the first-person style. Marcinko is just such an appealing character, and I was always looking forward to whatever he was going to do next. I will definitely be reading more in the series.
Pat
Why is this guy so appealing and fun to read about?
Larger than life hero.
Good story.
War games, stolen weapons.
Timothy Boyd
The further "real life" adventures of the author. Recommended
Ricky
And now the fiction starts...but it's damn good fiction. Awesomely action-packed and incredibly irreverent, so it's not to be missed.
Robert
My first Rogue Warrior book. I liked it. I've only been able to acquire abridged versions of Marcinko's books and I don't like those versions. I'm also on the fence whether I really like Marcinko performing the narration. He has a way about him that seems to compliment the writing, but I wonder if it would have been better with an experienced narrator. I may listen to one or two more abridged versions to get a better feel for his character, but I'd much rather find unabridged copies as I said.
Shane
Unlike the first book that was a true story, this one is purely fiction and not even good fiction. I read it when I was 16 so maybe it's not as bad a I remembered but knowing Marcinko personally, I had hoped to see him continue with real events and stories. Being the son of "Gold Dust Frank" from the first book, I knew there was plenty more he could of went on about in a second book. My guess is he took a lot of flak from NAVSPECWAR after the first and decided against it.
Random57
Well done!

Great job Marcinko! I'm a Navy veteran of 21years . (Not a SEAL) The resistance to change is through out the service. We thank the man for folks like you. You're a breath of fresh air. Outstanding book!
Jfarley
Marcinko, thought writing the same book over and over, makes for a great afternoon... although you have to wash your mouth out with soap,etc afterwards.

He's so manly, there is hair on this book.
Linda
This one was the best of the series. Though is work is "fictional" ... he makes sure you know it really isn't (he's just tweaked some names or locations to avoid going back to jail).
Mandie
apparently he got in trouble with the last book because of some "Military secrets" or whatnot so marcinko went to writing novels instead. Still funny and still good.
Abe
What an awesome book. I know this book is "fiction" but is it really real? It is an amazing story, true or not, with a brilliant ending.
Andrew Spangler
Not bad.. a fictionalized sequel to the first Rogue Warrior. A little dry and forced at times, but certainly entertaining.
Thom
I gave it a star even though I didn't want to...because Marcinko could probably find me and kill me.
Fred Malpass
This was just awful. Just a book full of posturing and tiny dick swinging, not worth the time for sure.
Suzanne
This book just pulled me in and I was completely enthralled by all that he wrote.
wally
lots of action, shooting, probably some drinking or two. very entertaining read!
Jill
I didn't find this book as enjoybable as the first Rogue Warrior book or Green Team.
Corinne
Good book. Not my favorite by Marcinko - but good none the less.
Jason
Excellent book,i read it in 2001 my favorite from Demo Dick
Joe
Interesting look into the history of The Navy Seals.
Marlon
Sophomore book in the series. Definitely cheesy.
Micheal Childress
Great action. Helped me stay awake on night shift
Harry Diamond
Action packed but too much usless bad language
Lloyd
One of the worst books I've ever read
Jon
Not as good as I was hoping for.
Susan
One of my favorite badass characters!
Steve
Rogue Warrior
  • Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Sudden Threat (Threat, #1)
  • The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do
  • The Kremlin Device (Geordie Sharp, #3)
  • The Virtuoso
  • Shadows of Steel (Patrick McLanahan, #5)
  • Hackers
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • De erfenis
  • White City Blue
  • In the Springtime of the Year
  • Angels of Wrath (Larry Bond's First Team, #2)
  • Bloodbrothers
  • Het theater, de brief en de waarheid: een tegenspraak
  • Isabelle
  • The Anatomy School
  • Want dit is mijn lichaam
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
Richard Marcinko is the author of the Rogue Warrior thrillers and is a living, breathing hero honored with the silver star and four bronze stars for valor, along with two Navy Commendation medals and other honors. After serving in Vietnam, he went on to start and command SEAL Team 6, the Navy's anti-terrorist group, and Red Cell, a high-level anti-terrorist unit. Marcinko keeps his hand in the fie ...more
More about Richard Marcinko...

Rogue Warrior (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Green Team (Rogue Warrior, #3)
  • Task Force Blue (Rogue Warrior, #4)
  • Designation Gold (Rogue Warrior, #5)
  • Seal Force Alpha
  • Option Delta
  • The Real Team (Rogue Warrior, #8)
  • Echo Platoon
  • Detachment Bravo
  • Violence of Action (Rogue Warrior, #11)
Rogue Warrior Green Team (Rogue Warrior, #3) Task Force Blue (Rogue Warrior, #4) Designation Gold (Rogue Warrior, #5) Seal Force Alpha

“Experience had taught me that warthogs who tough it out are better in combat than your natural gazelles.” 1 likes
“The goddamn Air Force was probably taking a coffee break. That’s how they worked—like union bus-drivers—most of the time. Six or seven hours of flight time (not to exceed this or that altitude, of course), and then it was bye-bye for a didy change, a nap, and a cup of cocoa.” 1 likes