Start by marking “One Million Arrows” as Want to Read:
One Million Arrows

One Million Arrows

Will the world change your children . . . or will your children change the world?

Time is short and lives are at stake. Right now, God is inviting your family to become part of a bigger story a vision that will engage your hearts to make a radical difference. One Million Arrows is an inspirational call to raise your kids to impact their culture, community, and world for Chr
Published (first published August 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about One Million Arrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Million Arrows

Stephanie
Another motivational parenting book bites the dust. This was no better than the last that I read (Mission-Minded Family). It was just OK. I feel like both books, but especially this one, were motivated and driven by STORIES. This book is chock full of them, narrative after narrative of people who are out there seizing the day and changing the world. OK. That can be motivational. But the whole book sort of revolved around the stories, not the GOSPEL, which is what I want to be chiefly motivated b ...more
Janna
Apr 20, 2010 Janna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a parent of 7 children, the world can be a scary place. Knowing that I won't always be able to protect them but that at some point they will be making choices on their own - have their dad and I given them the tools they need to stand on their own two feet? I appreciate a good solid book that can help me as a parent in that aspect. This book does that.

Julie Ferwerda has put together a book that inspired me, motivated me and made me start thinking about what I can do to not only change my own
Sandi
Jan 05, 2012 Sandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will the world change your children? Or will your children change the world?

Three quotes that best summarize this book:
"I don't want children who are just productive members of society. I don't want to encourage my kids to strive after mere happiness either. In the short window of opportunity I have to impact their lives, I want to raise spiritually fulfilled kids who are productive members of eternity." p146

"It's rejecting the status quo of settling into the patterns of this world and asking ou
Elizabeth Plumberg
Apr 09, 2012 Elizabeth Plumberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
This is an awesome book that will both challenge and inspire you. Julie does a wonderful job of casting a vision for Kingdom purpose living and discipling of our children. She gives great examples of families who have done a wonderful job in raising their children to live out the mission of Christ and how these kids are doing great things to affect their world. It's a must read...the only criticism of the book I can offer is that the author is somewhat repetitive at times..but perhaps that is du ...more
Angela
Dec 09, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Rather than being guilt-inducing or overwhelming, it was very inspiring and full of examples and practical and doable ideas to pick and choose from. Encourages you to stop and take a long hard think about what exactly is your goal and your purpose in raising your kids. What do you really want for them in this life? Will be keeping this one to refer back to. Great resource.
Dave Rench
Nov 04, 2012 Dave Rench rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A discussion of the importance of raising your kids to be outward focused. The desire is to let them spread their winds early for the Lord, so that they understand the benefits of living for God. This teaching is not so much a verbal direction, but needs to also be seen by our kids in our own lives. We need to be living out what we're directing them to do.
Murray deBoer
Apr 08, 2015 Murray deBoer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great challenge to parents in raising their children. Lots of good examples and inspiration. On the flip side, so many of the examples are of people (youth) who are beyond the "normal" that it can be discouraging for many parents who are struggling just to get by. Bu overall the book is good to encourage people to go beyond the everyday expected and work towards something greater.
Deborah
Mar 16, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I appreciated the anecdotes of people/families who are raising arrows, I do wish there was more instruction on how to raise arrows within our own families. Still an inspiring and thought provoking book.
Melissa
This book had some great thoughts to contemplate as I strive to raise my children to be the people the Lord needs them to be. Much of the book seems to be repetition so I skimmed a large portion of the second half.
Britt
Dec 02, 2010 Britt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So inspiring to raise chilren for His mission!
Amanda
Jun 14, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Great book about raising mission-minded children. Very inspiring to look outside of ourselves and focus on living to help others.
Lori Lindgren
Good, but didn't quite agree with all of the author's opinions.
Gabby
Jun 16, 2012 Gabby rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very inspiring!
LaShawn
Feb 16, 2010 LaShawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EVERY Christian parent should read this book!
Jul 07, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life changing book if you have a heart for missions and/or orphans and want to raise children to be strong "arrows." Wow- I could not put this book down and shed many tears in the process!
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2011
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Susan Bowles
Susan Bowles rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Rob Denler
Rob Denler rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Darilyn
Darilyn rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2010
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
ShelleyT
ShelleyT rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Bronwyn Clune
Bronwyn Clune rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2013
RJ
RJ rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2009
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2010
Sheri
Sheri rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Jen Smothers
Jen Smothers rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
J.M. Gagne
J.M. Gagne rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Sisi
Sisi rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Too Small to Ignore: Why Children Are the Next Big Thing
  • Us: A User's Guide
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon's Crazy in Love How-To Manual
  • Fields of the Fatherless: Discover the Joy of Compassionate Living
  • Infinitely More
  • Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care
  • Love Is A Flame: Stories of What Happens When Love Is Rekindled
  • How to Unspoil Your Child Fast: A Speedy, Complete Guide to Contented Children and Happy Parents
  • The Good Life