One Million Arrows

One Million Arrows

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Will the world change your children . . . or will your children change the world?

Time is short and lives are at stake. Right now, God is inviting your family to become part of a bigger story a vision that will engage your hearts to make a radical difference. One Million Arrows is an inspirational call to raise your kids to impact their culture, community, and world for Chr...more
Published (first published August 4th 2009)

Stephanie
Another motivational parenting book bites the dust. This was no better than the last that I read (Mission-Minded Family). It was just OK. I feel like both books, but especially this one, were motivated and driven by STORIES. This book is chock full of them, narrative after narrative of people who are out there seizing the day and changing the world. OK. That can be motivational. But the whole book sort of revolved around the stories, not the GOSPEL, which is what I want to be chiefly motivated b...more
Janna
As a parent of 7 children, the world can be a scary place. Knowing that I won't always be able to protect them but that at some point they will be making choices on their own - have their dad and I given them the tools they need to stand on their own two feet? I appreciate a good solid book that can help me as a parent in that aspect. This book does that.

Julie Ferwerda has put together a book that inspired me, motivated me and made me start thinking about what I can do to not only change my own...more
Sandi
Will the world change your children? Or will your children change the world?

Three quotes that best summarize this book:
"I don't want children who are just productive members of society. I don't want to encourage my kids to strive after mere happiness either. In the short window of opportunity I have to impact their lives, I want to raise spiritually fulfilled kids who are productive members of eternity." p146

"It's rejecting the status quo of settling into the patterns of this world and asking ou...more
Elizabeth Plumberg
This is an awesome book that will both challenge and inspire you. Julie does a wonderful job of casting a vision for Kingdom purpose living and discipling of our children. She gives great examples of families who have done a wonderful job in raising their children to live out the mission of Christ and how these kids are doing great things to affect their world. It's a must read...the only criticism of the book I can offer is that the author is somewhat repetitive at times..but perhaps that is du...more
Angela
Really enjoyed this book. Rather than being guilt-inducing or overwhelming, it was very inspiring and full of examples and practical and doable ideas to pick and choose from. Encourages you to stop and take a long hard think about what exactly is your goal and your purpose in raising your kids. What do you really want for them in this life? Will be keeping this one to refer back to. Great resource.
Dave Rench
A discussion of the importance of raising your kids to be outward focused. The desire is to let them spread their winds early for the Lord, so that they understand the benefits of living for God. This teaching is not so much a verbal direction, but needs to also be seen by our kids in our own lives. We need to be living out what we're directing them to do.
Melissa
This book had some great thoughts to contemplate as I strive to raise my children to be the people the Lord needs them to be. Much of the book seems to be repetition so I skimmed a large portion of the second half.
A life changing book if you have a heart for missions and/or orphans and want to raise children to be strong "arrows." Wow- I could not put this book down and shed many tears in the process!
Amanda
Great book about raising mission-minded children. Very inspiring to look outside of ourselves and focus on living to help others.
Lori Lindgren
Good, but didn't quite agree with all of the author's opinions.
Britt
So inspiring to raise chilren for His mission!
LaShawn
EVERY Christian parent should read this book!
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Maadhava
Maadhava marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Krista Jensen
Krista Jensen marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Heidi Lueck
Heidi Lueck marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Lori Lauth
Lori Lauth marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Jenna Labbe
Jenna Labbe marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Denise Tabscott
Denise Tabscott marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Raising Hell: Christianity's Most Controversial Doctrine Put Under Fire Raising Hell: Christianity's Most Controversial Doctrine Put Under Fire The Perfect Fit: Piecing Together True Love